Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KUPE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: KUPE Reply with quote

You sound like a guy who buys a stock Harley and puts all the chrome on it and thinks it is worth what you paid for it plus the chrome! Grow up! YOUR BOAT IS WORTH WHAT EVER YOU SELL IT FOR!
Leave my boat out of your post and please don't respond on my threads. If you you think about it, a person could buy my boat and have EVERYTHING replaced to the way they want it. BUY a brand new trailer and have it gold plated and then buy a couple of new sails and they would still be under what you THINK your boat is worth. Your boat is worth what the market will bring.
I can tell you have never bought a new Porsche, you would be crying the blues for sure. Leave my boat out of your threads. It is not doing anything productive for my boat. It sounds like you are jaded for being upsidedown in your boat. Be with it.
Form this site I meet one of the nicest people, I have ever meet, I can say a MAN! a true man, a man of his word and a helping hand. This site is GREAT the people here are GREAT! What you are doing by throwing rocks at my boat is not needed. Don't tarnish this great tool with your childish antics, the web is filled with those sites go play there.
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Blacksheep! heh... Whoa, there. I dont think Kupe was knocking you too hard, really. If anything, his posts actually bring your boat to the top of the heap in the sale forum and get more attention to your thread, and hence your F235. It points to the GREAT deal your F235 presents and compares it to other boat priced double (which really is the more normal market value).

But to be honest, your boat IS seriously underpriced in the general scheme of things and thus a GREAT deal. No need to get defensive here. It's simply priced to sell fast without hassle. When you get in this price range, many will forgo Surveys and dickering. While you do occasionally see this range of price in local papers, it's about the lowest F235 I have seen in an online sale. So rest calmly that you are offering a killer deal for someone in the market that cant afford the going price.

Kupe's boat is an excellent one and one of the best exterior condition F235's I have seen. It's priced at fair market value for the F235. Many on here paid in this range for their F235. Unfortunately, the lack of trailer hurts sales in lakes so he might be waiting a bit longer. I know his boat will sell eventually though. And yours would sell in a heartbeat if made more widely available on the Net.

No need to get bent outta shape here as it looks pretty sorry. Stay on the high ground and just know you are offering far below national market value for a great boat, probably in the hope of getting a sale sooner over later.

kh

ps- Kupe, relax! You're boat's going to sell. Hell, if you sprung $1500k for some used trailer option, it would be going sooner over later and you could add it to your most recent price and not lose a thing but time.
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, but I should not be mocked for passing on a great boat for a great deal. I find that to be uncalled for and childish.
Kupe
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
I agree with you, but I should not be mocked for passing on a great boat for a great deal. I find that to be uncalled for and childish.

Whoa friend! I said in my post "I'm smiling for you all the way- please don't take offense!" and "wishing you all the best and hoping your boat finds a great home!" Nobody is mocking or insulting you or your boat.

Furthermore, I thought you'd actually find it interesting that your auction was so well known, since your boat sold on my lake. We hadn't seen you back here in the forum since you got your boat home and I thought you'd find "the rest of the story" amusing!

Instead, contrast my post with your rant of "Grow up!" and "don't respond on my threads" and "childish antics".

Alas, such is online discussion. What would be clearly tongue-in-cheek or good natured ribbing face-to-face can (and obviously did) get misunderstood. It's okay bro. No worries.

Still wishing you all the best,

kupe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Can't we just all get along? Reply with quote

Good Lord! Am I speaking for moderation?

Go easy on the flames, Blacksheep, my man. Inevitably, you end up scorching your own shorts.

On the Other Hand, Kupe, for what it's worth, Ole Blacksheep isn't the only sheep in the fold that has perceived a certain smugness that comes with "knowing the true value of things" He was just a bit agressive in the manner he called you on it.

Over time, the Market will indeed sort it all out. If the Truth were told about the actual purchase price paid by some prominent forum members there would truly be much weeping and knashing of teeth. Or so I perceive anyway, YMMV.
Kupe
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't we just all get along? Reply with quote

Daryl S wrote:
Ole Blacksheep isn't the only sheep in the fold that has perceived a certain smugness that comes with "knowing the true value of things"

Daryl-

Thank you for your candor. If I conveyed such a vibe, let me apologize and assure you that quite the opposite is true! I would never claim to have ANY expertise in valuing boats or anything else, believe me!

That's why I leave that to the experts like Bucks, NADA, and comparables. Based on that, they all say that my boat is priced below market. Jon's is well, I dunno, how would you say it? Really, really, really, really below market?

But seriously, all that matters is what I said at the start. Sorry for Jon that his boat didn't work out and wishing him all the very best.

Kupe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell is going on? Did I give permission for people to freak out? I don't think I did, so chill!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: graciousness Reply with quote

Quote:

Thank you for your candor. If I conveyed such a vibe, let me apologize and assure you that quite the opposite is true! I would never claim to have ANY expertise in valuing boats or anything else, believe me!

That's why I leave that to the experts like Bucks, NADA, and comparables. Based on that, they all say that my boat is priced below market. Jon's is well, I dunno, how would you say it? Really, really, really, really below market?

Kupe, thanks for a truly gracious response, but truly, no apology is needed. I've certainly taken no offense.

I used to view (and enjoy) purchasing automobiles as a contact sport. I just wasn't happy unless the seller was thoroughly upset by the time I drove the car away. One of my finest moments was years ago (as you can tell by the price following) when I peeled off 7 C notes and put the remainder of the roll back in my pocket. The seller took a moment to visibly control himself, glared at me and called me a "horse trading son of a bitch." This was not meant as a term of endearment. I was ecstatic! Within that context, I've never seen a deal that came close to the NADA "retail" valuation. But there are two other columns in that NADA book: average trade in (sometimes called wholesale) and loan value. The loan value is the number that actually reflects what the car is worth in a forced sale. It's the only number your beady eyed banker really looks at.

I suppose that there is, out there somewhere, a 1957 Chevrolet Biscayne two door hardtop, coral over baby blue, with 9,000 actual miles that still has the dealer installed heavy vinyl seatcovers (remember them?) And if this mythical automobile should be advertised nationally for sale, somewhere out there is a guy now age 68 with scads of disposable cash that slobbered over a coral Biscayne in '57 but had to settle for a used 52 plymouth four door. Bingo! you have an astronomical price.

I'm being pendantic and I apologize. I think I have a pretty good idea of the 235 market as it exists at this moment. I also think I'm best served by keeping my mouth shut regarding those opinions.

The day will come when the cash offered for your boat exceeds the value you personally place on possessing it. That point in time is really the only thing that matters, and for that fleeting moment, you'll know the true value of your boat.

Best wishes for a solution that truly leaves you and your buyer satisfied. In a good deal, both buyer and seller are winners.
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl,

Almost every post of yous sends me to the dictionary :-) LOL
Now this word pendantic, could you have meant pedantic? I'm not trying to be petty on spelling, but I really don't know the word and was looking it up.
Quote:
I used to view (and enjoy) purchasing automobiles as a contact sport. I just wasn't happy unless the seller was thoroughly upset by the time I drove the car away.

I have friend that says if the seller doesn't hang up the phone in disgust with your first offer, then you offered too much. Then there was the guy that tried to get DH to take a lower price by bring $1000 less than the selling price, he left without what he wanted. And when he called back several days later to see if the item was still avaliable---it wasn't.
I guess it all depends if you are the seller or the buyer as to how much fun is in the game. Good luck to all of you.
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

Quote:
Now this word pendantic, could you have meant pedantic? I'm not trying to be petty on spelling, but I really don't know the word and was looking it up.

see daryl
see daryl blush
damn!!! busted!

Big hugs and a fraternal kiss on the cheek, Sue. Ya gots me!
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Big hugs and a fraternal kiss on the cheek, Sue. Ya gots me!

Honestly--I wasn't trying to bust ya, but just trying to understand ya!
I use an on line dictionary---I'm sure there are lots of them, but this one is the one I use
http://dictionary.reference.com/
lchivers
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did this start. I feel like I am missing something?
Kupe
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lchivers wrote:
Where did this start. I feel like I am missing something?

Nahhh- just a family misunderstanding! We don't want to go there again! ;)

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: