Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contemplating selling my boat...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BRC
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject: Contemplating selling my boat... Reply with quote

1990 production year. Owned and greatly enjoyed for the past 10 years. Loved her deeply, and it shows. On road-ready trailer (maintained), only used for storage (and launching, of course). Long list of improvements. Overall, in great condition.

I have not made my decision yet. I just love her too much, may just keep her for my children? But getting a large slip in my yacht club this year, and only way to save my marriage is to get larger in size, if you know what I mean, lol!

So, just send me a message if you are on a lookout - you may be the first one to get the memo!

Cheers,

Blazej

PS. this forum was soo good to me. Here is where I found the ad for my boat, and then learned a ton regarding her maintenance, many upgrades, etc. Thank you all. I will always be coming back!

https://youtu.be/JH6PnjAxmtY
1990 Hull #401 WK
Greenwich, CT
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you potentially sell but I just sent a very interested party (Andrew) your info. He is 45 min from your location and you'll likely hear from him shortly.

Great the site/forum was of use!

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
BRC
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kelly, Andrew contacted me and I responded. I am still deliberating. My daughter will be trying out for her high school sailing team next year (I think they are racing 420s), and this might be the last season this year I could let her helm our boat in our club racing series, which I know would be a great experience. She's been a helping crew for the past few years, but never a full time skipper. Going larger in size would erase this opportunity. Wish I could afford 2 boats, wow!
1990 Hull #401 WK
Greenwich, CT
BRC
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2021 UPDATE: I decided against selling my boat at this time, even though we got a bigger sister last year - 1986 Sabre 34 MK II, which I am so happy about. Will keep our First 235 for the children, who grew up on her. It is just so hard to find anything better in this size. We will also continue racing her gently at our club, as she is much easier to manage, and on short notice. Getting her new set of sails, new running rigging, and perhaps will also upgrade the ruder. So she will continue to be pretty. Thanks to all who contacted me regarding buying her - I know that the right boat will find you all. Will try to post some pix this season, and maybe some more stories on this forum as well. Cheers!
1990 Hull #401 WK
Greenwich, CT
sparrow
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The right call! The decision to sell my 235 in 2011 was one I have always regretted, so much so that replacing her with another took me all the way from Virginia to Nebraska late last summer where I found hull #428. No doubt you will continue to enjoy her for years to come. There are few boats out there that come close to offering as much in 23'.

Cheers,

Dave
Owner, Sparrow III (First 235, Hull #428, Wing Keel)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: