Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trekka for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Trekka for sale Reply with quote

I can't say I like writing this, but just this morning I sent out the deposit on a Beneteau First 285. Yep, we're following in Mike's wake. Trekka is a great little boat, but the big factor for us is that we live over a hundred miles from the lake and my two loutish sons are getting bigger every year. We have to treat the boat as a lake cabin as well as a sailboat and when a good deal on a 285 came up, we jumped.

So Trekka, her trailer, and all her stuff is for sale. I'd also consider selling my 2000 Nissan Frontier maxicab 4x4 as well. You could just drive away with a wonderful boat. But not until March. Trekka and her trailer are buried in one of the fairgrounds barns behind acres of bass boats, jet skis, and party barges.

I haven't decided what to ask for Trekka yet, but if anybody in the midwest is interested, drop me a line.
Skathi (First 285, Hull #80)
formerly, Trekka (First 235, Hull #274)
Morris, Minnesota
Mo1964

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you want for Trekka, the trailor, and the truck as a full package? What condition is the truck (miles, etc)?
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Trekka, trailer, truck Reply with quote

The Nissan is a 2000 Frontier SE crew cab 4x4 with a short bed. It has 92000 miles on it, but 91000 came in the first five years before I bought it. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's run very well for me and pulled Trekka back and forth from the lake twice with no problems.

Kelly blue book says it's worth between 7500 and 8400, depending on whether it's in "fair" or "good" condition.

Trekka I think falls into the mid range of 235s. I'm thinking of asking 11K for boat and trailer.

But I'd listen to any offers, of course.

Selling a boat is an odd thing. I've never done it before and it makes me feel like I'm a bad person, selling a member of the family. . . I may have to ask potential buyers to do a background check so I'm sure Trekka goes to a good home. ;-)
Morris, Minnesota
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Trekka, trailer, truck Reply with quote

ericksnd wrote:
Selling a boat is an odd thing. I've never done it before and it makes me feel like I'm a bad person, selling a member of the family. . . I may have to ask potential buyers to do a background check so I'm sure Trekka goes to a good home. ;-)

I know what you mean and the idea of doing a background check is a very good idea!

On the other hand, congratulations on the new F285. I hope you stick around the forum.
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God help the person who wants to buy Pi when we put her on the market. I'll be researching 3 generations of family to find the right home for her. I so know what you mean, Eric.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Selling Trekka Reply with quote

Why would anyone ever stop checking in with this nuthouse? Best entertainment I've got as well as a lot of great advice from great people. I'm mostly a lurker, but I appreciate what goes on here.
Morris, Minnesota
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the entertainment part right! Good luck with your sale.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Out of storage Reply with quote

Trekka is finally out of storage, though we got a full 10 inches of snow on Saturday. This is truly devilish weather we're having this spring. But I should have an ad up in the next few days on Boats.com and/or Craigslist. In the meantime, if anyone is looking for a nice wk 235, let me know.
Morris, Minnesota
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: end of season discount Reply with quote

It's coming to the end of the sailing season and soon I'll have to think about storing two boats for the winter. So the time to make a late-season offer on a beautiful 235 is right now. Trekka is still for sale and deserves a good home.
Morris, Minnesota
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where else do you have her for sale? Are you posting on local craigslist or on the many free sailboat listing websites?
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on Craigslist and BeneteauOwners.com. I got a lot of responses, but my guess is that way out here in the boonies is not the first place people think about buying a sailboat. This is party barge country, oh yeah.
Morris, Minnesota
ericksnd
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: sold Reply with quote

It looks like Trekka will be heading back to South Carolina--at about the right time too. Minnesota weather is great right now, but will turn cranky all too soon.
Morris, Minnesota
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: