Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My boat will be going on ebay Monday! - SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: My boat will be going on ebay Monday! - SOLD Reply with quote

If I don't sell the boat by then, I am going to put a buy now at $7000.00.
I thought I had the boat sold to a guy in Spain but no movement. He had a quote for transport from Ohio to Spain for just $3000.00 that means he would have $8300 in the boat to his door, I bet he could make a couple of grand just for his efforts. It sounded good to me. I think because of the asking price being so low, that people think there is a problem with the boat rather then a problem with the lake.
I will be spending the weekend on it. I will take some pictures of it being used and post them on Sunday. So if anyone here wants it make a move.
thanks to everyone who has helped mw with trying to sell the boat.
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the best deal by far and I really dont understand why those looking for one havent jumped on it. So far, this is the best deal F235 I have seen online. Local newspapers bring the best chance at a complete steal, but they are so sporadic that you'll end up waiting longer than sailing.

Dont know what Ole Daryl is doing but your boat seems like an ideal candidate. Just this last few days, I have seen several used J24 and C25 trailer in the 1500-1800 range both with double axles. The DEALS are out there but you have to do some legwork. Hop onto other forums and class sites for boats in this size range and you'll find some trailer options. I just wrote a guy with a J24 trailer and am waiting to hear back.

Basically, it's a great time for someone walking into the prime sailing season with a boat to enjoy. We have owners that are bending over backwards to help others find a boat or make a sale with forum members offering everything from deals to pristine boats to everything between.

Sure wish your lake would have worked out. No other lake nearby for use?

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Steve Clausen
Navigator

Location: Red Hook, New York. Sailing out of Boothbay Harbor, Maine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacksheep,

I just had a thought. Give the Great Hudson River Sail School a call. See them at:

http://greathudsonsailing.com/greathudsonsailing/index.html

Haverstraw Marina
614 Beach Road
West Haverstraw, NY 10993, USA
Tel 845-429-1557, 800-237-1557
Fax 845-429-1594

Ask for Myles Gordon, the owner, or a salesman if he is not available. They are a Beneteau dealer here in the Hudson Valley of NY. They also run a sailing school, and I know he recently purchased a used F235 for teaching in New Hampshire and brought it down. He also has told me more than once, that he has buyers for my boat if I want to sell. If the price is right for him, he may foot for the transport, or since he is in the business, he may have a line on a cheap transport .. I don't know .. I would think it's worth a call for you to find out.
longreach

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
It's the best deal by far and I really dont understand why those looking for one havent jumped on it. So far, this is the best deal F235 I have seen online. Local newspapers bring the best chance at a complete steal, but they are so sporadic that you'll end up waiting longer than sailing.

Dont know what Ole Daryl is doing but your boat seems like an ideal candidate. Just this last few days, I have seen several used J24 and C25 trailer in the 1500-1800 range both with double axles. The DEALS are out there but you have to do some legwork. Hop onto other forums and class sites for boats in this size range and you'll find some trailer options. I just wrote a guy with a J24 trailer and am waiting to hear back.

Basically, it's a great time for someone walking into the prime sailing season with a boat to enjoy. We have owners that are bending over backwards to help others find a boat or make a sale with forum members offering everything from deals to pristine boats to everything between.

Sure wish your lake would have worked out. No other lake nearby for use?

kh

Frankly Kelly, finding reasonably priced trailers is easier said than done.

If it was so easy, then sellers would go and get one to make their F235 more attractive to buyers outside their home lake.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't list it on ebay.
Go over to the trailersailer classifides www.sailboatowners.com I sold my boat in 2 weeks for what I was asking, don't give it away! you did alot of work to get it.
as for ole Daryl? hmmmm is he more talk than action?
come on ole boy buy this boat!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ole Jeff was even willing to sell with or without trailer. Probably wont part with trailer FIRST but it's worth asking...

If a trailer is wanted I have a 1998 Zieman dual axel available for 2K. This trailer is basically brand new with only 350 miles on her and she has never been dunked. Boat is available with or without the trailer, your choice.

Jeff
301.373.6718 (Home)
301.863.2209 (Work)
#58 - Fin
Solomons, MD
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the Zieman trailer work? Do you have any picturesof it? Does the price have any flex at all? If so I think, I might take it. Does the trailer need moved right away, if I purchased it? Please let me know. Could someone post a # of a person who is doing the side stickers? Thanks,
jon
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I want the trailer, I called both numbers and no answer or machine. Does anyone know the person with the trailer? Thanks for all your help. If the trailer is MD it just gives me a good reason to go to the coast and eat some blue crab. If I can put this together, I will buy the trailer, and will be selling my boat for what I have in the boat and trailer. If I make acouple of hundred or lose acouple, it is all about the ride. I am sure this will end up just fine. Besides I have the cheapest waterfront property on the lake. I love it, but the boat deserves to be more then just a waterfront condo.
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BLACKSHEEP"... and eat some blue crab.[/quote]

bring lots of money or a small appetite. this weekup to $200/bushel or $80/dozen for mediums. man oh man...
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually Island Time's trailer - Looks like he just sold the boat with trailer, unfortunately. He just replied in another thread.

On the other hand, I have some leads on some sub 2k trailers that people are writing me back on if they still have them. I'll update here.

kh
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think this trailer would work on our boats? It is worth a shot, let me know what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4554469300&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
Do you guys think this trailer would work on our boats? It is worth a shot, let me know what you think.

Looks like a radio antenna tower! might have to block the hell out of the keel!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the same thing but, do you think the boat will fit, on the bunks? Do you think there will be enought room for my keel? The lady who has the boat and trailer said should measure the trailer and the draft of the boat. I think it looks like it would work. The trailer does look a little strange, but if works it works.
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cal-20 drafts 3.4 and my boat drafts 3.8 it is so close but so far. The weight of the two boats is about the same. I don't know.
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been asked to hold off on the e-bay sale, by a member, I will. He has a trailer and is willing to let his friend us it. Sounds like a good lead. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: