Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beneteau First 235 1987 For Sale - SOLD (JDF)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Beneteau First 235 1987 For Sale - SOLD (JDF) Reply with quote

Well I have to sell it……I bought the boat a few months ago on ebay (got a great deal and loved the boat) took it out about 4x’s now and it’s not going to work. The lake is just too shallow. I’m really disappointed because I love the boat. Thought I would post it here first to see if anyone was interested. Asking $5,400.00 which is what I paid for it. E-mail or call me with any questions or if you want pictures.

Jon
614-332-4429
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see it not work out. Just how shallow is your lake?

We have had a few here looking to buy and I am sure you're boat will go very fast.

Just wish it could work out given all you went through to get it

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>

Last edited by abstrait on Tue May 31, 2005 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Beneteau First 235 1987 For Sale Reply with quote

It's not the depth it's the stumps. A lot of the lake is man made and they didn't do a very good job at removing all the stumps. It's just to dangerous.

Jon
longreach

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you transport it to Ohio from Georgia?

Did you find a trailer for it and if so, would you make it available also?
abstrait

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He borrowed a trailer from a fellow F235 Forum member that was between his lake and place of purchase.

kh
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: I wish I did not have to sell!!! Reply with quote

This boat has everything, it is a shame it does not work. It will be a good deal for someone.
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fin keel?
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

Find Daryl S on the forum member list and send him an email - quick! He's at a late stage in looking for an F235 and would probably be interested in your boat. He's about to buy another 1987 on Lake Lanier ... a l o n g way from his home.
Hey Jon - I never did get your hull number (for the database) ...
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope all is well, I spent the entire weekend on the boat, I loved it. I have the last slip on the dock, slept in it the entire time. Hung out at the beach. Midnight booz cruz. perfect weekend.
I could keep the boat but, I know I would end up hurting a friend or the boat.
I hope the boat goes to a person who is going to use it.
Blown Away
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longreach, what part of Texas?
Hull# 50
longreach

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DFW area.

It's all inland lakes up here, but they're large enough to support quite a bit of keelboat activity.
Blown Away
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mother and sister both live in Carrollton so I am a little familiar with the area. I plan to trailer one of my boats up there one of these days and check out Grapevine Lake and do some exploring on Lake Texoma. Definitely a nice place for keel boats. Lake Travis in Austin is also on my list of places to take the boat.
Hull# 50
Kupe
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Beneteau First 235 1987 For Sale Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
Well I have to sell it……Asking $5,400.00

Jon-

Sorry your 235 didn't work out. I'm sure some lucky buyer will love her!

With that said though, I hope that's the last sale of your boat for awhile! You may not know it, but your boat has been like a one-man bear market stock crash through the 235 community from day one! (I'm smiling for you all the way- please don't take offense!)

As you know, you bought your boat on eBay for about half her fair value. That rippled all through the 235 community. As bad as that was, now it's happening again! I've been getting wackos calling me about my boat saying "yes- but that eBay boat sold for peanuts..."

Again- wishing you all the best and hoping your boat finds a great home!

Dave
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well stated Dave! I wont even say what I got mine for<GRIN>
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
mquigley
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hanging onto mine for a good long while... This boat is a sweet, comfortable blend of performance, accomodations and style.

One thing that would really, really help our cause would be to get the PHRF rating situation worked out.

It would be extremely useful to start collecting results from people who actively race across the country. These results can be used to make a case for a rating adjustment with local PHRF organizations.

If the boat had a more appropriate average rating, it would make it a whole lot more enjoyable to race and might increase the boat's overall value.

Just $0.02.
Steve Clausen
Navigator

Location: Red Hook, New York. Sailing out of Boothbay Harbor, Maine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mquigley wrote:

One thing that would really, really help our cause would be to get the PHRF rating situation worked out.

Another thing that would really help our cause is if Beneteau got off their lazy greedy butt and started producing more of them. The design is still current, wing keel not withstanding. There is nothing in it's class that I know of. Beneteau's decision to only make 31 feet and higher boats just leaves a hole in this side of the market. On the other hand, I suppose it does keep the supply down and therefore the market price of used F235s up - as long as we hold our ground on price. I don't think it would hurt the used sale price of our boats if Beneteau pumped out some new ones for let's say 40,000-60,000k ( just a swag, I have no idea how much a new, well built, well equiped ~23 foot cruising/racer would go for )
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Clausen wrote:
Another thing that would really help our cause is if Beneteau got off their lazy greedy butt and started producing more of them

WEll, I doubt we'll see this... They simply dont make enough money on boats in this size-range and the F235 is far too expensive to make and price out to profit. It would be in a price range most users would find hard to justify and the profit would be slight. Financially, it just doesnt make sense for them, especially in the US. The little F235 is a bit too big to trailer easy and a bit too small for extended cruising.

I agree though...there is nothing really like it besides that new Canadian boat that Quigster posted a link to a while back. Not sure how they are doing these days. The price was not pocket change.

kh
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Beneteau First 235 1987 For Sale Reply with quote

Kupe wrote:
I've been getting wackos calling me about my boat saying "yes- but that eBay boat sold for peanuts..."

Dave - you'll be glad to see the asking prices of two F235s without trailers that have just popped up on yachtworld.com - both above $14K - one of which I posted about this morning in the For Sale corner.
Steve Clausen
Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:

WEll, I doubt we'll see this... They simply dont make enough money on boats in this size-range and the F235 is far too expensive to make and price out to profit. It would be in a price range most users would find hard to justify and the profit would be slight. Financially, it just doesnt make sense for them, especially in the US. The little F235 is a bit too big to trailer easy and a bit too small for extended cruising.

I agree though...there is nothing really like it besides that new Canadian boat that Quigster posted a link to a while back. Not sure how they are doing these days. The price was not pocket change.

kh

Oh I have no doubt your right on that Kelly .... hey .. BMW doesn't make the 2002 anymore either, and they are worth their weight in gold, so it should be with the F235. I think as owners, we can have some input to making that happen. By keeping our boats in bristle condition, as much as possible, and talking up their virtues, doinf sensible mods, etc .. etc .. even this forum and web site could have a positive impact on creating and keeping demand high for the F235s.
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Clausen wrote:
BMW doesn't make the 2002 anymore either, and they are worth their weight in gold, so it should be with the F235.

For the mother of all transgressions, dont tell me you are a 2002 owner? Steve, this was one of my all time favorite cars and owned a pristine 72 2002 with European engine with Weber for about 10 years before it was stolen. I miss the 02...one of the most fun cars to drive. Replaced it with a 72 BMW Bavaria which is their 6 that put them on the performance sedan map.

See the two beasts below. I just sold the Bavaria a little over a month ago. It's my first time without a vintage car since 77 and the first without a classic BMW since 87. The Toyota Camry seems generic by comparison... I miss those cars. The second site I ever did is dedicated to the BMW Bavaria... over 160,000 visits since mid 90s.

kh
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
Steve Clausen wrote:
Another thing that would really help our cause is if Beneteau got off their lazy greedy butt and started producing more of them

Well, I doubt we'll see this... They simply dont make enough money on boats in this size-range and the F235 is far too expensive to make and price out to profit. It would be in a price range most users would find hard to justify and the profit would be slight. Financially, it just doesnt make sense for them, especially in the US. The little F235 is a bit too big to trailer easy and a bit too small for extended cruising.

kh

There is a nice new 24-footer featured in the current Cruising World mag - the builder is Etap. It reminded me a lot of the F235 because it's a good sailer and well-built ... I think they said the list price is $57K though !! (no trailer included either) Here's a link to the builder's site:
http://www.etapyachting.com/index.cfm?Part=Yachts&Page=New&YachtType=24i&Detail=General&Pos=2
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went on the etaap 24 at the boat show. seems to me it was mid 30's price-wise...

anyway, i did not caqre for a couple things. the interior wood was VERY light, almost blond. and everything looked "rounded" for lack of a better way to describe it.

my overall impression was that it was something less than a F235, but i am obviously prejudiced.

the etap 24 has a dual rudder, interesting.

i think it was also unsinkable. not positive though.
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
Steve Clausen
Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the mother of all transgressions, dont tell me you are a 2002 owner?

No, hasn't got checked off on the life list ( yet ). I did my time restoring MGs and Corvettes during college years .. then got married and career .. A 2002 would have been my next project car, but I stopped messing with autos for a while .. perhaps someday the bug will raise it's head again :)
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all boats or anything for that matter, are worth what the market will bring. The boat is in great shape no headliner problems, this boat is clean. I have replaced most of the lines in the amount $300 bucks. I have removed the decal on the sides with the intentions of replacing it. THIS BOAT IS IN GREAT SHAPE!
If it would have worked on my lake, and I could buy this boat at this price I WOULD HAVE TWO, no joke! This boat is a steal. I am sorry if you think it is bring the value of your boat down, but it is what the market will bring. The market has not even brought the $5400 that I have asked. I will be ebaying the boat if it does not sell here. I hope I get more for it but, if I get less. That is what the boat was worth.
Steve Clausen
Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
I am sorry if you think it is bring the value of your boat down, but it is what the market will bring.

Don't sweat it Blacksheep, were just kicking ideas around here, not really directed at you or your boat. Probably shouldn't of highjacked your For Sale thread, but that's the way of forums sometimes. Hope you get your asking price. No one will begrudge you for take what you can get for it under the circumstances, we are all bummed out for you that the boat didn't work out on your lake. Your boat is a steal for that price and anyone reading these posts will see that. Good luck selling it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: