Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seeking 235

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lungta

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:11 am    Post subject: Seeking 235 Reply with quote

Hello. I am a new member seeking a 235. Thank you

Lynn and Carley
Spokane, Wa.

frenesib17@gmail.com
sparrow
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Recent Listing on YachtWorld Reply with quote

See the listing on YachtWorld linked below. Looks to be in pretty good shape overall and appears mostly factory original with few prior owner installations, but right off you'll have to replace the vinyl headliner which is clearly falling down, and it looks like the fixed port over the saloon table is leaking, likely the port and starboard fixed ports as well. I don't see cushions and the stanchions posts are missing so ensure you inquire. It does have roller furling, but the forestay has been moved back and attached to a D-Ring bolted to the deck rather than attached to the stem head fitting - not a big fan of this decision but it was the work around to the obstruction that is the forward leg of the bow pulpit. Mine was set up this way when I purchased the boat, the solution being to modify the pulpit to four legs, removing the front leg making room for roller furling while also being able to attach the forestay to the stem head fitting as intended. There will be some initial effort involved but structurally it looks ok . . . of course pictures hide a lot of imperfections and issues, but most of what I can see is all stuff most 235 owners have had to deal with and there are lots of posts on this site that address the how too. If you're serious about a 235 I would jump on this one as they don't come up for sale all that often. Good luck in your search.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1988/beneteau-first-235-3855565/

Cheers,

Dave
Owner, Sparrow III (First 235, Hull #428, Wing Keel)
Lungta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject: 235 search Reply with quote

Dave,

Thanks for that information. Much appreciated! We are busy this week (during a trip to Bellingham to escape fire smoke) to initiate a potential dock slip rental in the Puget Sound area. We now sail a 17-foot Com-Pac Suncat, which we like a lot, but we need more space and all the other great things encapsulated in a 235.

Fair winds!

Lynn and Carley
jeff burne
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lynn and Carley,

I will be selling my Beneteau F235 Pegasus. She is one of the first F235s to be fitted with a custom keel. She is docked in Marina del Rey, CA. If you would like more information, let me know and I'll send pictures and specs.

Best Regards,
Jeff Burne
sparrow
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

You can't sell Pegasus yet, not until we have a chance to sail to Catalina Island! Then again, waiting on me to make it back out there . . . yeah, better go ahead and sell when your ready, LOL!

Why selling?

Cheers,

Dave
Owner, Sparrow III (First 235, Hull #428, Wing Keel)
jeff burne
Navigator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Yeah! Get out here asap so we can sail to Catalina! I've sailed twice to Avalon with Pegasus. Great memories from those trips.

I'm really bummed about selling her. Work and family obligations are such that I just don't have the time to sail like I used to. I will still have a 12' sailboat, so sailing won't be completely out of my life, but I will really miss Pegasus.

Been following your posts and all the modifications you've been doing to your boat. Great stuff! Thanks for keeping us up on everything!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: