Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Damaged F235 Hull - Austin, TX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texas_gem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Free Damaged F235 Hull - Austin, TX Reply with quote

The night of Feb 27, a wind storm came through Austin, TX with sustained winds of 40 mph and gusts up to 60 mph. With the low lake level, our marina, like many others, had extended out into the lake. All the boats who had their stern to the 5' wave coming across the lake eventually had a dock line or cleat fail, soon thereafter crashing the bow of the boat into the concrete dock until they sank. My F235 was one of the many boats that went down that night.

She was raised a few days later. And the insurance company has totaled her, and they have given me the option to keep her. I do not want to manage her repair at this time, so the hull is free to the applicant with the best abilities to bring her back to life.

The salvageable components are not free, such as the bimini, sail, mast/boom, wing keel, 10 hp Honda engine, operable electronics, stove, etc. I also have a trailer.

My preference would be to sell everything to a single buyer who would take this on as a restoration. I have not priced the large items, such as trailer and motor, but if you are interested in making an offer for the complete package, please let me know. I need a decision by Monday of next week (3 days from now,) which is when the insurance company is having the hull disposed. You would not have to pick up the hull in 3 days, but I need to give them an answer if I am keeping the hull.

For potential buyers, please email me directly at jim0reed@gmail.com, and include your full contact information. Pictures at the below link:
https://plus.google.com/photos/114054603009415591788/albums/5857893236721614433?authkey=CKKdifvKqZiUQw
texas_gem

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Hull #328 Reply with quote

The hull number of this boat is 328.

Jim Reed
jackdaw
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

I heard of the storm, and was aware that a 235 was lost.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your boat. I hope you find a taker on her and this works out well for everyone.

Also have heard of the personsl tragedy that has fallen on your dockmate Steve. When you see him next, can you pass on the best wishes of Jackdaw and the rest of the 235 community?

Thanks and good luck, keep us informed of what happens.

Clay
Pat Turner
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It tears alittle piece of my heart out when one of our little warriors goes down.
Sorry for your loss.

Pat
Windseeker - Hull #46
'87 Wing Keel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sparrow
Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your boat. Did anyone take you up on the restoration challenge? Would hate to see another 235 end up in a land fill. Damage to the bow, however, looked extensive.

Dave
Owner, Sparrow III (First 235, Hull #428, Wing Keel)
Daniel Keating

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim
Sent you an email last night. Sorry to hear about your loss but am interested in the boat if still available. Please let me know.
Best regards
Daniel,
Liberty Belle.
#142 ~ Liberty Belle
knottingham
First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down, but hopefully not out. Hope somebody ambitious can make a go at this. Garrett?
PWB - 1988 235 WK - Hull #244
(Knottingham - 1992 F235 WK, Hull #445 Ex.)
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Goodluck Reply with quote

Hmm
texas_gem

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a good try. I mentioned I had a very short window to find a new owner, which did not happen. The title was transferred to the insurance company mid last week.

It would have been an undertaking. The mast was ripped off the boat as well on the way down, rudder split, all the electronics shot, all interior siding hanging down, etc.

Thank you for your kind responses. I have never parted with a boat on these terms, been a bit challenging, and I can't help but feel I failed in a way. But life is such.

Thanks again to all.

Jim Reed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: