Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Withdrawn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S Brennan
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Withdrawn Reply with quote

Withdrawn

Last edited by S Brennan on Sat May 23, 2009 10:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rip-off dudes??? not in this fleet.
Solaris - 1988 F285 WK, Hull#95
(Fin Noir - 1987 F235 Fin, Hull#022, my Ex.)
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might check in with Jake & Bry about PI. I don't know how interested they are in another boat, but it's worth a shot. Their 235 is setup as a racing machine, so may not be at the comfort level you're used to, but she's fast and fun!!
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
S Brennan
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Last edited by S Brennan on Sat May 23, 2009 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
S Brennan
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by S Brennan on Sat May 23, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asking price and a link to pictures would spur interest.
S Brennan
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

________

Last edited by S Brennan on Sat May 23, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen prices on the net running from high teens to mid 30's for one of these.

This is a bad market for value though.. Funny thing is that the average sales price of the 235 seems to have been rising a little while bigger boats are falling as people are moving down to a less expensive to maintain and operate boat. It has been pretty amazing lately to watch how many people are actively seeking to buy a 235.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
S Brennan
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by S Brennan on Sat May 23, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people in the 30 ft range of boats will never be able to afford a much bigger boat. That is a whole different class of people. However a lot of people that can no longer afford the mid size boats are moving to smaller ones. And people that cant afford one of the mid size ones to start with ones are moving into the trailer sailer and smaller boat ranges.

your right that rising costs of slips and moorings will eventually push out the smaller boats on the water that want a slip or mooring. However those people will move to trailerable designs.

The times are a changing.. It will be interesting in a chinese kinda way to see what ends up happening.

Point in case.. why do you want to give up a boat that you have obviously loved and spent a lot of time and effort on to get a smaller boat? I would bet that economy is tied to it somewhere.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
most people in the 30 ft range of boats will never be able to afford a much bigger boat. That is a whole different class of people. However a lot of people that can no longer afford the mid size boats are moving to smaller ones. And people that cant afford one of the mid size ones to start with ones are moving into the trailer sailer and smaller boat ranges..

This is me. I did the 27 to 39 to 23 dance in 02, 06 and finally 09.
88 Fin #111
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess i pissed the dude off by what I said. he went back and deleted every post he made. strange..

oh well..
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
guess i pissed the dude off by what I said. he went back and deleted every post he made. strange..

oh well..

I know, weird eh. What the hell was he posting anyway, I'm curious now.
88 Fin #111
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wanted to trade his 34 footer for a 235..
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
wanted to trade his 34 footer for a 235..

I was in to negotiations to trade my 39 footer for 22 bond street (fin 22) plus like 30 grand. Money did have a lot to do with it and not just for the boat but all the peripheral costs. Another big part was just how frigging sexy the 235 looks compared to just about everything else. It sure helps having a hull you just want to lick when paying the bills related to the hole in the water for money that all boats represent. Kind of like women that way. (statement soon to be regretted and retracted I'm sure). Yes I need help.
88 Fin #111
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to move up into a 35 to 45 foot liveaboard boat. Preferable a sailboat with a pilothouse. I'm doing my utmost to not have to not sell Sea Puppy in doing so. You just have to love these little guys. :)

So we just keep cruising the sale sites looking for that special deal or fixer upper that we can afford that has most of the features we want.. I figure if I just keep looking and keep the word out that we are looking then in the next year or two we might luck out with a great deal that will work for us.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell us about some of the boats you are looking at. Is there much in the way of live aboard marinas that you know of? Seems that many are not allowing it anymore. What kind of monthly slip rent & over head do you expect to be
tied into living aboard or do you just plan on cruising? Do you have any pets - such as a dog. Lastly, have you read any good books on the subject?
I have pondered the idea myself, but can't quite work out the logistics.
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I know a lot of people don't like them my preference would be a steel boat. We plan on going to a lot of out of the way places with some northern latitude sailing as well as down in sunnier climes. I am willing to put up with the down sides of steel for a hull that will bounce off rocks, floating logs and containers with just a scratch or dent. Down here I have seen the remains of to many fiberglass boats that look like they went through a log chipper after a huricane. Steel boat next to them looked like someone took a sledge hammer to the hull with lots of dinner plate sized dings. It was dry as a bone inside and they just dragged it back into the water and sailed it away. For something I plan to call a permanent home that makes me feel a lot more comfortable than fiberglass.. However given what my finances are and what is out there.. who knows what I will end up settling on.. As with most things in my life I expect that if im patient and keep looking then one day I will walk up to a boat that just clicks with me and that I will be able to afford.

I have looked at a range of boats though that I would probably settle for if I found a good enough deal..

I absolutely drooled over a downeast 41 pilothouse. I would have gone into debt for it if it had been on the east coast.. however it was in oregan and I just couldn't hack the price and the cost of getting it back here. Or the time It would take for me to take it down through the panama canal if I had tried to bring it back on her own bottom rather than truck her.

I have also liked the looks of the 33 to 36 ft Jeanneau Espace sailboats. It is a pilothouse version from a few years ago. only down side is that their used prices have really held their own. They are very pricey.

Other boats I have looked at have been some custom built pilot house or center cockpit boats such as bruce roberts designs or brent swain designs.

As for living aboard.. I don't really want to live in a marina.. You might as well get a condo. We plan on using a mooring or anchoring. It will be at least 2 years minimum for us to go cruising but if we find the deal we want before then we will anchor the boat up at southport, nc in the Dutchman anchorage. That is close to where zsanic is going to nursing school. We will probably live part time on the boat and part time at my house.. at least till I rent or sell the house, then it will be full time on the boat.

When we go cruising it will either be to an area where zsanic has a job waiting for her as a nurse or we will be visiting really out of the way places. Other than brief forays to some of the more popular places I am much more interested in the lonely little visited places. Neither of us need fancy restaurants, theaters, or night life. We really get off on untouched wild places and just exploring nature with a camera in hand :)

All is subject to change as the situation changes but that is the plan.. I already have enough savings to make a good down payment on a nice boat. My preference would be a cosmetically challenged deal that we could pay for outright and fix up.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: