Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bought a 235

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunfishracer
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Bought a 235 Reply with quote

Just to let everyone know that my friend and I bought Tagi's boat in smithtown Long Island... Hull # 408, 1990 Fin keel... There was a lot of posts on this particular boat (the one that was being sold on Ebay, Craigslist, garagesale, etc...) the boat needs a bunch of work... it hasnt been sailed for at least two years on the LI Sound... we are taking it to the Great South Bay on Long Island... I have researched a lot through this forum, and got my own professional survey and am pretty confident we got a decent deal...
I have looked at the 1992 with trailer from East Patchogue and that was a nicer boat, but out of my price range and also a wing keel.... i actually helped unstep the mast with Peter and his friend... now the long winter is setting in and cannot wait to get it in the water...

Lee M and Ryan M
Brad Leslie
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my boat at the end of the 07 season. Man that was a long winter. I couldnt hardly wait to get mine in the water the next spring.

Good luck and welcome to the forum. It has helped me very much!
89 Wing #251, Gigi
PO of Grip Fast, 87 Fin #92
PO of Sun King, 89 F285, #166
PO of Sojorn, 93 F210, #76
04 361, Grip Fast
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing another new owner's enthusiasm. Your other announcement is in the F235 General Forum.
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys, Welcome aboard.

We look forward to hearing of your further adventures with her. There's a virtual ton of information on this forum. Make good use of the search feature, and it definitely helps if you click the box that says "Search for all terms".

-Fro
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
sunfishracer
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

I am sure we will make use of this enormous information site... we would have never looked a the boat without knowing so much before we made the offer.... Ryan and myself are psyched to own our first Keel boat... we race Sunfish, JY15s and Flying Scots... so this will be a nice addition to our sailing arsenal... and thanks to our friend and SUrveyor, Andrew Kinsey, as he was able to save of $1500 on our original offer... the money we saved is already earmarked for the 235.... (new Standing rigging, running rigging, head and bottom paint)
Kind of Blue ~ Hull #408
logs
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site. The wealth of information on this site was also one of the major factors which drew me into the F235 crowd.

"Kind of Blue" ... does that infer that a new paint job in is the offing? If it does, then have a butchers at Garrett's blue hull, definitely something worth aspiring to.
Logs, Windjana wk #264
South of Perth Yacht Club, Western Australia
www.sopyc.com.au
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

logs wrote:
"Kind of Blue" ... does that infer that a new paint job in is the offing?

Kind of Blue was one of the top albums of all time and a must have for any collection, even if not interested in jazz per say. In '59, Miles Davis assembled one of the best lineups and their improvisation in modal form was a landmark session. How could you go wrong with Miles, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Bill Evans, Paul Chambers, Jimmy Cobb etc.

Seriously, if you own just one jazz album, this might be the one. Great boat name...

'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: