Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pye is still avaiable ~ SOLD (razsmom - Ohio)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimm
Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Pye is still avaiable ~ SOLD (razsmom - Ohio) Reply with quote

..she comes with a nearly new custom tandem trailer, fresh bottom paint and cleaned and polished hull .... ready to sail with lots of extras! Will negotiate on price/delivery options.
See photos and specs at ---
http://pye430.googlepages.com/specifications

Former s/v Pye
'92 F235 WK, Hull #430
jimm
Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A reminder - Pye is still avaiable Reply with quote

jimm wrote:
..she comes with a nearly new custom tandem trailer, fresh bottom paint and cleaned and polished hull .... ready to sail with lots of extras! Will negotiate on price/delivery options.
See photos and specs at ---
http://pye430.googlepages.com/specifications

sorry - for full web info -- http://pye430.googlepages.com/

Former s/v Pye
'92 F235 WK, Hull #430
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where else have you advertised? Like i said to others you should be able to sell this boat rather quickly if you put it in the right places. I sold 5 boats in the last two months using only free ads.
Sailboatlistings.com
Sailingtexas.com
freesailboatlistings.com
craigslist.com all different regions until you are sick of posting it.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
jimm
Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Pye goes to Ohio Reply with quote

Last Post........
Pye has found a new home with some very nice folks in Ohio - hope they will take advantage of this forum as I did to share info and stories. I will let them introduce themselves as they choose.
A constant source of information, entertainment, if sometimes frustration - but always interesting! I trust everyone here appreciates the tremendous value of this resource.
I made some good friends, even among those I did not actually meet. Thanks for all!!

Former s/v Pye
'92 F235 WK, Hull #430
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Pye goes to Ohio Reply with quote

jimm wrote:
Last Post........
Pye has found a new home with some very nice folks in Ohio - hope they will take advantage of this forum as I did to share info and stories. I will let them introduce themselves as they choose.
A constant source of information, entertainment, if sometimes frustration - but always interesting! I trust everyone here appreciates the tremendous value of this resource.
I made some good friends, even among those I did not actually meet. Thanks for all!!

hey, boats is boats. stick around! just randomly put "f235" is your postings from time to time!
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
razsmom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pye goes to Ohio Reply with quote

jimm wrote:
Last Post........

Thanks for your kind words, Jim! We are so very grateful for the opportunity to have met you and adopt Pye... you can be sure that she will be loved. This is my first post on any of the Beneteau Owner Forums, but have been lurking for a little while & that is how I found out about Pye.

I look forward to learning all about our new acquisition... as this is our first Beneteau. I hope that it's not bad form, but I've already put her new name in my signature block (even though the name changing ceremony is not until she arrives here in Southern Ohio sometime next week!)

Please take care, Jim... and, stay in touch!!! You've got an awsome boat in Valinor.... she's quite beautiful, too!!! :-)

Karen
s/v Argo - '92 F235 WK, Hull #430
s/v Nemo - '78 Lockley-Newport 17
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Karen!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
razsmom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Welcome to the forum Karen!

Thanks, Jon!!!

I am looking forward to all that lies ahead as a new Beneteau owner; I am fairly new to sailing, but have had a love of sailboats since I was a teen (MANY years ago, I might add!!!) My husband is the avid sailor and has been sharing his knowledge with me over the past couple years. I did take a sailing class this summer and I'm starting to feel a whole lot more confident.

So, I hope that folks will have some patience/tolerance with me, if I ask too many "newbie" things...

Karen :-)
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Karen,

I see that you're south of Columbus. Will you be sailing exclusively on your lake, or traveling up to Lake Erie? I've heard that the Sandusky area is a nice place to sail (Although you do have to watch out for the ferries!!).

Welcome, Please post some pics of your maiden sail.

-Fro
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
Pat Turner
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Karen, I have never sailed Rocky Fork but have friends there. Say hi to Bob Smith of Strickly Sail on the J-24 Bad Mudda. He can help you out with many things I'm sure. Drop my name. (He may claim he doesn't know me.)
Enjoy the new boat. Pat and Vickie.
Windseeker - Hull #46
'87 Wing Keel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see new owners, excited about their First 235 (and old ones as well ~ good to see you posting, Pat).

I'll add my welcome to Karen & Dennis and look forward to more. Got you guys in the Directory, too.

Hoping ole Jim does hang around though I will be hard pressed to add a "Catalina 30 Corner" to this forum! heh... you can post your new adventures any time, though. Looking forward to it.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
jhume
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Karen and welcome. It's always great to see another F235 move to Ohio. We're in Columbus and sailed locally for a couple of years, but this season we're docked in Sandusky and sailing the islands most weekends.

Feel free to contact us if you're up this way or up on Erie - or if you have any questions. You've got a great boat and adventurous times ahead!

John
'Marphiny' #206
1988 Wing
Columbus, OH
razsmom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frodo wrote:
Hi Karen,

I see that you're south of Columbus. Will you be sailing exclusively on your lake, or traveling up to Lake Erie? I've heard that the Sandusky area is a nice place to sail (Although you do have to watch out for the ferries!!).

Welcome, Please post some pics of your maiden sail.

-Fro

Hey there, Fro...

Yes... south of Columbus. We are actually the "hub" between Cincinnati, Dayton & Columbus - all being about equal distance to our locale. At any rate, Rocky Fork Lake will be our primary spot for now. We are anxious to sail on Lake Erie... and, in fact, are planning on going up to the lake for the Sandusky Boat Show in September (but, too quick a trip to take the boat this time.) Having lived on the east coast for many years, we are homesick for the Chesapeake Bay & may find ourselves back there in our retirement years.

Thanks for your warm welcome... and, I'll be sure to post some pics soon. I plan on documenting every phase, as I did with the pre-purchase sight inspection. I'll be sure to get shots of the renaming ceremony & maiden launch. A friend even suggested finding out when she would be crossing through the main intersection up town & getting pics of her in route to the lake!

Take care...

razsmom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Turner wrote:
Welcome Karen, I have never sailed Rocky Fork but have friends there. Say hi to Bob Smith of Strickly Sail on the J-24 Bad Mudda. He can help you out with many things I'm sure. Drop my name. (He may claim he doesn't know me.)

Wow... another welcome! This is a super forum...

Hello, Pat! Yes, I know Bob Smith of Strickly Sail... in fact, they are the folks going to Annapolis to bring our new F235 home to Rocky Fork! I know she'll be in good hands. Bob's J-24 is quite the boat, too. I'll be sure to drop your name when I see him next. He usually shows up for sailing club events. We just had our annual Steak & Lobster dinner, which was quite well attended and very tasty!

Thanks, again!

razsmom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jhume wrote:
Hello Karen and welcome. It's always great to see another F235 move to Ohio. We're in Columbus and sailed locally for a couple of years, but this season we're docked in Sandusky and sailing the islands most weekends.

Feel free to contact us if you're up this way or up on Erie - or if you have any questions. You've got a great boat and adventurous times ahead!

John

Hi John!

This is sooo exciting! Nice to connect with other F235 owners... I am fairly familiar with Columbus & vicinity as I work for the State of Ohio and wind up going to Columbus on a somewhat frequent basis for meetings, etc. My husband and I have talked about keeping a boat in Sandusky at some point. Too much going on locally to be able to go frequently enough right now. It is nice to be able to get to your boat within 15 minutes, however... which is why Rocky Fork Lake is so convenient right now. We've actually been able to go visit our LN17 over lunch, when we've felt the need!

Will you be going to the Sandusky boat show over the 12-14th of September? If so, perhaps we could meet up! We are renting a house in Lakeside for the weekend and will be at the boat show on Saturday and/or Sunday.

Thanks, again, for your warm welcome!!!

razsmom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
Great to see new owners, excited about their First 235 (and old ones as well ~ good to see you posting, Pat).

I'll add my welcome to Karen & Dennis and look forward to more. Got you guys in the Directory, too.

Hoping ole Jim does hang around though I will be hard pressed to add a "Catalina 30 Corner" to this forum! heh... you can post your new adventures any time, though. Looking forward to it.

kh

Thanks, Kelly...

The directory listing looks great... I'll update the pics as soon as possible. I, too, hope that Jim stays onboard!!! I really enjoyed meeting him, and he seems like a great fellow - top notch, and full of integrity!

razsmom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Turner wrote:

Hey there, Pat...

I just got off the phone with Bob Smith. He laughed hilariously when I told him that you stated the fact that he'd probably deny knowing you!!! He actually admitted to having known you for years & says "hello".

Karen ;-)
jimm
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:

kh

I'll share a pic or story every now and then. Made good friends on this forum and got a lot of helpful info -- wish the Catalina forum was as active! In any event, expect to sail with my Chesapeake Bay Beneteau friends -- we all share the same love of the water.
Had a great christening party
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=rw0x0z&s=4

Ron provide the toast - he's the previous owner of Pye when it was TeriLyn. He now has a Beneteau 323 in the slip next to me - TeriLynII. Mike Hayden also shared the day!
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30rtd1y&s=4

......won't ask for a Cat30 corner :-)

Former s/v Pye
'92 F235 WK, Hull #430
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: