Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pura Vida - Deltaville, VA - SOLD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Pura Vida - Deltaville, VA - SOLD Reply with quote

Pura Vida (#009) is for sale!

Here's one link to the ad (if it doesn't, another is below)

See Pura Vida Ad

http://www.traditionalyachtsales.com

The broker is Rachel - she is helping me get Hull ID data for the f235 database.

Regards,

Neil
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Oura Vida Reply with quote

This is Mark Konesco's boat. He's in the database.
Liberty Edition #22 Hull #299
Wing Keel
Hull Identification Number: BEY1A299J889
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Oura Vida Reply with quote

pictures show a fin keel ...

Michael Garman wrote:
This is Mark Konesco's boat. He's in the database.

abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Oura Vida Reply with quote

dirkreinhart wrote:
pictures show a fin keel ...

I think you are looking at Michael's signature above which is describing his own F235 (which does indeed have the wing). But you are right, Pura Vida is a fin.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the ad:
The first thing one notices about the Beneteau First 235 is the plumb bow, wide transom, and relatively modern appearance, somewhat mimicking the ocean transat racers. The F235 is a relatively light displacement boat that is quick and nimble with a wealth of sail area. Unfortunately, this doesn't always translate very well with in heavier air where the minimal 825lbs of ballast is not a lot for the stock 263sq ft or so of sail area, this with a mere 100% head sail. This is truly a remarkable little boat with many big boat features.

Maybe it's because I'm on my first cup of coffee but the description above stinks. I think perhaps the person that wrote this someone with little knowledge of sailboats and a very sensitve squeal-o-meter.

Maybe I need more coffee.
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:
Maybe it's because I'm on my first cup of coffee but the description above stinks. I think perhaps the person that wrote this someone with little knowledge of sailboats and a very sensitve squeal-o-meter.
Maybe I need more coffee.

It's lifted from parts of the text I WROTE on the first page of the website so thanks for the thoughts. heh.

For what it's worth, she sure lifted the wrong text for that ad, especially the line about the minimal 825lbs of ballast - it sure doesnt help to sell the boat. For what it's worth part II, I stand by everything I wrote in that first paragraph if sailed with winds consistantly in the high teens to low 20s. At 825lbs of balllast and a keel that is not particularly deep, the F235 is on the light side of ballast for the sail area unless you have some goons on the rail. IT would be nice to have over a 4ft lead fin with some extra ballast down low to stiffen the boat a bit. Strangely enough, that is just like the Beiley keel! Har.

kh
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's lifted from parts of the text I WROTE on the first page of the website so thanks for the thoughts. heh.

I'd sue her for ignorant plagiarism.
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:
I'd sue her for ignorant plagiarism.

They sue a lot in SC, Sue?

You must have some experience trolling . I'm considering getting a hand line for off the coast here but we dont have much crappie so I guess lure advice is out.

kh
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Pura Vida Reply with quote

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!

Actually this is the boat of a former co-worker of mine. He has only been sailing for maybe 3 years. At year 2 he decided he was going to buy a Catalina, but I steered him toward the 235.

He's in Marketing, so you have to give him a break on the description...................actually, since he's in marketing, he should know better............or so you would think!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll have to send him an e-mail to explain why his boat isn't selling!!!

Regarding the boat, I have been on it, but I have not sailed on it. It has a new tappered mast. I forget the brand, but its a racing spar. It is a fin keel, and the bottom is in perfect shape. No blister! He did have the bottom repainted professionally.

At one point I was trying to work a trade with him for keels. His fin for my wing!!!! He didn't go for it. Maybe if the boat sits much longer he will.
Wing Keel
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Pura Vida Reply with quote

Michael Garman wrote:
He's in Marketing, so you have to give him a break on the description...................actually, since he's in marketing, he should know better............or so you would think!!!!!!!!!!!!I'll have to send him an e-mail to explain why his boat isn't selling!

I dont think he had a thing to do with that description. I think it was the broker who did the work as Neil was the one to tell her about the F235 site which she hadnt seen.

Sadly, she didnt do a fine job of lifting the description; people will lift from the site all the time but if trying to sell, especially for a boat near a big body of water, highlighting the keel comment was a bit perplexing. She managed to find the one slightly negative comment on that whole page and forgot to include the context. It's been up there for months and I chuckled a bit when I first saw it as I knew that she adjusted the text AFTER she saw the site but was apparently just copying with hit or miss accuracy.

I agree with Michael. The boat looks like a fine example and good deal besides the usual absence of trailer dilemma.

kh
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Pura Vida Reply with quote

The only negative I saw was the side windows. They were replace with a thinner plexiglass. This is fine for inland sailing, but I wouldn't want thinner plexi on the ocean. They are probably fine either way. The cabin stickers have been replaced as well.
Wing Keel
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, for heaven's sake!
I did not mean there was anything wrong with the boat, or that there is anything wrong with the wording on the Beneteau235.com front page or any pages of the site.
The problem I see is someone is trying to sell a boat using sentences pulled out of context in such a way that do not accurately describe the boat. The ignorance I was referring to was shown by the broker who was stealing someone else’s words and doing in a way that changed the meaning of the words and was hurting the sale of the boat and her own commission.
I apologize to all who took offense at my words, who misunderstood my meanings, and who felt I was being disrespectful of the F235 or of the site owner.
Quote:
I'll have to send him an e-mail to explain why his boat isn't selling!!!

Michael, I do hope you let your buddy know that the description placed upon his beautiful F235 is not doing her justice. This is not due to the words used, but the fact that they were pulled out of context and have lost their original meaning and intent. I would think that they would highlight the new tapered mast and the fared bottom. Perhaps the broker could reference the BeneteauF235.com home page as payment for another's stealing words.

To all of those that take offense to anything thing in this post, I would like to apologize in advance.
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: No offense taken Reply with quote

No offense taken at all. I hope I have not offened anyone through my postings.

Thanks for pointing the ad out. I'm sure my friend will appreciate the info.

Regarding the boat, I do know that it was professionally surveyed and checked out extremely well. The only reason it is being sold if because Marc has moved to a location with shallow water. Last he told me, he was looking for a Flying Scott to sail at his local lake.
Wing Keel
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:
Oh, for heaven's sake! I did not mean there was anything wrong with the boat, or that there is anything wrong with the wording on the Beneteau235.com front page or any pages of the site.

Ahhh... just a little friendly forum banter. This wouldnt be a forum without a bit of repartee, with or without the wit. No need for all the apologies right and left. We need a bit of excitement, even if it's in the usually staid F235 For Sale corner (although that Kupe thread was on the edge).

kh
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: salon cushions Reply with quote

The upholstery is particularly nice. I saved that interior shot for whenever I get to the upholstery shop for recover.

oh yeah, I'll be sure to advertise my ineffective, reverse tapered keel when I want to sell <g>

SORRY, couldn't resist
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Pura Vida for sale - Deltaville, VA Reply with quote

does anybody know if this "craddle" on the pics would do for a shipping transport ?

Thx & regards
Dirk
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Pura Vida for sale - Deltaville, VA Reply with quote

dirkreinhart wrote:
does anybody know if this "craddle" on the pics would do for a shipping transport ?
Thx & regards
Dirk

If I'm looking at the same pics as you, no, the 'cradle' you see cannot be used for transport - it is actually just just 5 separate jack stands
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi & thx for the reply. What if you weld those 5 jack together? should work, in my opinion...thing is the shipping companies charge some 400- 500 $ to build a craddle for the boat.
KC49111
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dirk, I'm not sure what distance you need to cover, but you should be able to find a boat carrier with an adjustable trailer so that a shipping cradle isn't needed. If the company is deadheading homewards or bringing another boat 33' or less, a 235 will fit on back for a reduced rate. Mine hitched a ride behind a brand new Hunter coming from Florida to Vancouver. That way I knew the boat was getting here one way or another, although it's never inexpensive. I used American Boat Carriers who do a lot of Beneteau/Hunter transports.
Ian #079 1987 Fin
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you, excellent idea,
distance would be cross North Atlantic to Europe (Germany, Netherlands, also Belgium would be ok)
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to make a binding offer but saw they increased! the price about 2.000.-. I wonder what has happened....
abstrait

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirkreinhart wrote:
just wanted to make a binding offer but saw they increased! the price about 2.000.-. I wonder what has happened....

Having trouble following this one... Who increased the offer by 2,000? ARe you mixing ads? Seems about the same as it was the last time I saw it. Be careful about looking at different used boats and confusing the prices/specs/descriptions... Perhaps you see something I dont. Did you talk to the broker?

Cradles can be bought relatively cheaply for shipping and transport.
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, if you follow the link, its stull the same ( but see its written "inactve"),
watch this: http://www.boats.com/listing/boat_details.jsp?searchtype=buy&showDL=false&showMD=false&back=session&entityid=13986261&searchid=1

hmmm... or www.boats.com

search for used sailboats, beneteau, 23ft
abstrait

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First the pretty sad description with the wrong choice of words, than the unexplained INCREASE in price of 2,000 (and they kept the line about the keel!).

They are batting some serious numbers with this sale! Lordy.

What's next?

Owner wants her gone NOW!
Just increased price ANOTHER 2000!
11,900 or BUST!

Latest Pura Vida Ad from Broker

Not to take anything away from this boat as it seemed like a good deal but the strategy of this sale has been a near mystery from the start.
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: philosophical roots Reply with quote

Perhaps they are followers of the famous French philosopher Norman Vincent Beneteau, who established the school of irrational positivism. Irrational Positivism assures its adherents of getting 'better' every day in every way if only they maintain a steadfast view of the brighter side of any situation. Irrational Positivist can be identified most clearly by their cries. Common utterances include, "The glass is half full!" and "I have a plan!" Adherents west of the Atlantic are becoming rarer with Al Franken standing out as the most visible follower. It is rumored that a coven of positivist exist in a small area formerly in the state of Virginia known now as 'capitol hill'

Norman Vincent was the patriarch of a large clan whose members are most notable by their refusal to have contact with each other. Decendents can be found throughout the Continent in fields of banking, wine making, yacht manufacter and trafficking various commodities, some said to be human. This is not verified.

Should you encounter an Irrational Positivist, it is imperative you remain calm and not provoke the adherent in any way. If encountered domestically, a call to Homeland Security is perhaps in order.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: