Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to buy a F235 in Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobiewaters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Want to buy a F235 in Europe Reply with quote

Hi, I am new in Beneteau235-Forum and interested to buy a used First 235 - but in Europe.
If you know somebody who want to sell his boat, please send me a message. It´s a pity, that F235´s are much more expensive in Europe then in the States ... is there somebody who knows, why ?

Thanks,
Jurgen
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two links to EU F235 for sale. Several EU members have expressed concerns over the price difference and a couple have been looking for boats in the US to bring over. One such deal turned sour due to lack of communication, person issues, and the obvious logistical nitemare. Another new member just had an F235 shipped from NC to Australia and is happy with the results.

Euro F235 Listings

Yachtworld French F235
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
hobiewaters

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: F235 in EU Reply with quote

@abstrait
Thanks a lot for the details ! I red the thread about the cancelled purchase on ebay and the problems with the ebay-seller.... I think for such a deal it´s absolute important to know somebody in the States, who cares about the transport to the shipping-Company and the payment.
On the other hand: if there´s a price-difference about $ 10,000 you can pay some bucks for the shipping to europe .. (would be interesting, how much the shipping will cost ???)

However, now I´ll have a look for the french F235´s, which cost about $ 19,000.

hobiewaters
- still sailing hobie 16 -
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: F235 in EU Reply with quote

Contact member logs on shipping. His went to Australia but you'll get an idea.

hobiewaters wrote:
hobiewaters - still sailing hobie 16 -

I've had a love affair with the Hobie 16 dating back to the mid 70s. Ive had four since 1980 and still rank it as one of the classic sailboats and pound for pound, for the dollar, the most fun you can have on water with sail.

Dont ever sell it! It's one of the best ocean boats made and so cheap to maintain and use. It makes the First 235 seem like it's at anchor.... heh.

I love the little beast. Actually, there's nothing like it, pink~purple sails and all!

Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: F235 in EU Reply with quote

hobiewaters wrote:
@abstrait
Thanks a lot for the details ! I red the thread about the cancelled purchase on ebay and the problems with the ebay-seller.... I think for such a deal it´s absolute important to know somebody in the States, who cares about the transport to the shipping-Company and the payment.
On the other hand: if there´s a price-difference about $ 10,000 you can pay some bucks for the shipping to europe .. (would be interesting, how much the shipping will cost ???)

However, now I´ll have a look for the french F235´s, which cost about $ 19,000.

hobiewaters
- still sailing hobie 16 -

just remember you have brothers who care in the states!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: F235 in EU Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
just remember you have brothers who care in the states!

Heh.... Who will ever forget the "brothers"? That thread would bring nightmares to the Dead.
hobiewaters

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Hobie 16 Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
I've had a love affair with the Hobie 16 dating back to the mid 70s. Ive had four since 1980 and still rank it as one of the classic sailboats and pound for pound, for the dollar, the most fun you can have on water with sail.

My love affair dating back to 1983, it was my first own boat....
The sails are in "tequila sunrise", maybe a little bit to colourful, Even like the 80th....

abstrait wrote:

Dont ever sell it! It's one of the best ocean boats made and so cheap to maintain and use. It makes the First 235 seem like it's at anchor.... heh.

Actual I decided to sell it next spring ... but maybe I´ll think it over-. On the other hand, most girls like it more comfortable, like a small F235. So everything in live is an compromise. ;-)

---------------------------
Jürgen Koch
Berlin / Germany
abstrait

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hobie 16 Reply with quote

hobiewaters wrote:
Actual I decided to sell it next spring ... but maybe I´ll think it over-. On the other hand, most girls like it more comfortable, like a small F235. So everything in live is an compromise.

Yeah, but many women really love sailing on them once you get them involved and hooked on getting out on the wire. Actually, there's no reason to not have both if you have a place to put it. They are so totally different it's almost like apples and oranges. But there is nothing like a solo blast on the 16, flying a hull, out on the wire, gliding over the water. The sensation of speed is so much more than sailing something like the F235 there is no comparison... but both are great.

I've had more than a few sets of Hobie sails including the original Tequila Sunrise. The Plumb Madness set you see above is retired as well as I now have the blue, red, yellow set.

If you sell your beast, you'll miss it when you see one blazing by, no matter what boat you own. I love the First 235 but there's nothing like the ole 16 to get you feeling even closer to the water with a sensation of speed that cant be equaled with the monohulls... (unless your taking a ride in ye olde Volvo 70)!
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Hobie 16 Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
But there is nothing like a solo blast on the 16

except maybe a happy woman on a 235.
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: