Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'90 F235 WK in NC - SOLD (Quebec)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: '90 F235 WK in NC - SOLD (Quebec) Reply with quote

New price for '90 Beneteau 235. "Watermark" located at Kerr Lake NC. Only fresh water sailed. Solid boat in very good condition compared to other 235's on market. After comparing other listings, NADA and BUC Value, boat is now listed at $8750.00. This is a basic 235 without any electronics. Hank on head sails, self tailing winches, solid boom vang, main, 140 genoa, and working jib. 9.9 mariner outboard, electric start, alternator, cockpit shifter/throttle. Includes marine head, and porta potty. 2 burner alcohol stove, ice box, sink with electric water pump. Cabin fans, am/fm casssette. Battery charger. Send email for photos and questions.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
M.Gann

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Trailer Reply with quote

Does this boat have a trailer? Is it a fin or wing keel? Thanks,
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: "Watermark" Reply with quote

This is a wing keel model. No trailer, didn't want one since I have a slip. I go to the slip, hank on a head sail and I'm sailing in within 15 min. If you need a trailer to transport, that can be arranged. Based on my experience trailing is a lot of extra work and takes away from the pure sailing pleasure of this boat. I'd recommend finding a slip or at least a mooring to avoid trailering. I can send photos and and contact info if you want to see boat.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: "Man what a sleek looking vessel!" Reply with quote

If I continue to see this photo, I may change my mind and keep this beauty. The best thing is, it sails even better than it looks!
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
abstrait

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: "Man what a sleek looking vessel!" Reply with quote

waynew wrote:
If I continue to see this photo, I may change my mind and keep this beauty. The best thing is, it sails even better than it looks!

Why are you selling her? I used to love sailing at Kerr Lake when in High School. I would drive up there with a double Sunfish/Laser trailer with my buddy and sail there all the time. There was usually good wind up there as well.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: "Man what a sleek looking vessel!" Reply with quote

waynew wrote:
The best thing is, it sails even better than it looks!

tell us something we don't know!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: OK try this! Reply with quote

Tell us something we don't know.[quote] If e=mc2, then what does the rest of the alphabet equal?
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Why am I selling? Reply with quote

Kelly,
Yes, there is great sailing at Kerr Lake. I love it too. It's Army Corp. managed lake, therefore no development. No crowd, few boats and year round sailing. Summer can be a challenge with the heat and winds die around 11:30-noonish and then pick up after 2:30PM.

But to why. I'm ready to move up to a larger boat. I'm 6' tall and could use a bit more room. Plus I'd really like something that I can spend an entire weekend on without feeling cramped. I love this boat and have enjoyed sailing on the lake. Time to take the next step. Plus moving up, want to find something that can be moved to the sounds for coast cruising once the two kids are out of college.

I will miss this boat, especially since it's the first sailboat I've owned.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: SOLD too late! Reply with quote

Watermark was sold on 2/14/06. Happy Valentines to a new 235 owner! Watermark is headed north to Quebec to teach new sailors. New owner is setting up a sailing school specifically for women sailors. Yes, Watermark will have a new home this spring and a good owner.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Why am I selling? Reply with quote

waynew wrote:

I'm ready to move up to a larger boat.

any thoughts on what you will be moving up to?
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Next boat. Reply with quote

I've looked at a Tartan 28 and 30. I've also looked at a Beneteau 30, and 33. I'm looking for something with more cabin space and headroom which I can enjoy spending the entire weekend vs. day sailing. I'm not in any rush to buy, take my time and see what comes on the market. The 235 was a perfect 1st boat for me. I've truly enjoyed sailing the boat and have learned so much. The sailing bug has bitten me and I'll be a long term sailor. I'll keep the next boat at Kerr Lake, then once I've learned the boat's systems and comfortable handling it, I'll move it to the NC sounds and start coastal cruising.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Next boat. Reply with quote

waynew wrote:
I'll keep the next boat at Kerr Lake,

is that the John Kerr Reservoir?
abstrait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best Tartan 3000 I have EVER seen is sitting at Seapath Yacht Club, here in Wrightsville Beach. There is a long waiting list for slips at Seapath, by far the best marina in the area in location and accommodations. IF you are into Coastal Cruising and love the Tartan 30, there is no better version I think. HE has done every upgrade imaginable with new SS ports, rebuilt Diesel, SS solid vang, Harken Furling, great dodger, UK sails, perfect interior, nice paint job, new bottom, rigging in like new conditions, etc etc. Actually, it's a virtual turn-key Tartan. The guy has ducats and everything was done professionally and is top notch. The pics in this ad are pretty mediocre and really dont do this boat near justice. Personally, I would leave it in Seapath and sail from there now. It would be a floating vacation home there with free cable, internet, and a GREAT LOCATION with easy ocean access in 15 min. I love this marina. The guy that owns it is named Charles Overbeck and when something goes wrong, he gets it fixed. I've seen this Tartan on the water many a time and it's a beauty. Like I said, if you are looking for a Tartan 3000 (84), I dont know of a better one. It's the centerboard model built for shallow draft areas and Bahama cruising.

From the ad:

"WOW!!!" Is what you will say about this upgraded Tartan 30 Sparkman/Stephens designed racer/cruiser. This is a shoal draft 4'1" centerboard model that will allow you to sail anywhere. Upgrades include UK sails, Harken furler, SS opening ports, SS vang, quality canvas covers, recent cabin and cockpit cushions, 3 blade prop, inflatable w/outboard, plus fresh brightwork and bottom paint. Lots of spares.

Make sure you click on "Full Specs" to view all the details...then call me to view this beauty.

http://yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?currency=USD&units=Feet&checked_boats=1480486&slim=quick&
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took a look too, and that's a beatiful tartan alright. but for the fact that the cushions remind me of jon's special shoes.

wish more boats devoted space to the nav area like the tartan. that's real nice.
abstrait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike wrote:
i took a look too, and that's a beatiful tartan alright. but for the fact that the cushions remind me of jon's shoes. wish more boats devoted space to the nav area like the tartan. that's real nice.

The cushions arent that bad in person and the colors are tasteful. it's pretty warm and cheerful inside and has a nice karma. I dont know this guy very well (only in waving on the water and passing by over the years) but know OF HIM and have some of the same friends. He really spared no expense in this boat. The pics stink, not capturing it at all.

For someone in the Raleigh area, it makes total sense. I-40 to boat in under 1 hour 45 minutes via cruise control and TWO TURNS.....literally. heh.... Doesnt get any more simple. That marina is top notch. I'd be there in a second. It's where I was during Hurricane Ophelia.
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sigh> makes me want to head to NC, buy the boat and then decide to either sail north to return to the same old same old or south and sail away from it all forever.
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: OK, I need to get back to work! Reply with quote

OK boys, you're tempting me into a Wilmington trip and with a good looking boat that's been reworked. Man, I've so much work to finish this morning and you're making it difficult for me to remain focused.

Tell me what do slips go for at Seapath? Based on the photos and ad description, this 3000 at first glance looks like a great buy.

Kelly are you at Seapath or someplace near?

OK, OK, back to work. I'll reward myself with a boat when I finish and close this next contract. Yeh, incentive Baby!

Those cushions, I'll contact Jon and have him design some new ones. I hope he doesn't go orange like he did with the cabin stripes on the 235!
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: OK, I need to get back to work! Reply with quote

waynew wrote:
Those cushions, I'll contact Jon and have him design some new ones. I hope he doesn't go orange like he did with the cabin stripes on the 235!

this would be perfect material for the cushions, this is what i'm going with.
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: My Eyes, My Eyes! Reply with quote

My Eyes, My Eyes!
You can't hide talent!
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
abstrait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the map below. The arrow is about where the Tartan is within Seapath Marina. This marina is excellent with good people, other sailors (both male and female live aboards). I know they have Cable TV and Cable Internet for each slip plus the usual. Very nice clubhouse and facilities ie showers/laundry/ etc etc. I would be there if I could (except my boat is right behind my house but with far more exposure to current/waves/weather). The rent for a 30 footer is in the 4k range for the year plus a clubhouse fee. It's the nicest marina anywhere NEAR this area..actually, up and down the coast a ways. My good friend's C&C 30 is right behind the Tartan. http://www.seapathmarina.com/

The ocean access is second to none, IMO. I know of no easier access anywhere on the coast, to be honest. There is an 8 mile long nature preserve island right there. Frankly, it's easier then getting around Kerr Lake.

abstrait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more pics of Seapath at bottom of this page...
http://www.seapathmarina.com/infoformembers.asp

abstrait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastly, here's a few pics of just how nice the inlet is. Follow me out the inlet via the F235 (pics taken from another F235 actually). The first shot is just around the bend coming from Banks Channel, entering the inlet and passing the end of Wrightsville. The next shots in sequence of heading out the inlet, no worries.

Photos Link: http://www.beneteau235.com/abstrait/december_cruise2.htm

These shots are LOOKING BACK AT THE INLET after 1.5 miles or so out with the last shot a few more miles on top of that.

Photos Link: http://www.beneteau235.com/abstrait/december_cruise.htm

Man, these shots make me want to head out RIGHT NOW! It's going to be 70F today. Lordy, I cant wait for spring....

kh
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Man what timing! Reply with quote

Kelly,

I went back to the link for another look at the Tartan. Now there's a sold notice on the listing. Damn what timing! All work and no play make's for a very dull lad. Thanks for the heads up on that boat. Somebody picked up a gem based on the photos and specs I saw.

Back to the search.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man.... this was really a surprise to say the least. Perhaps someone from here called and got them to put up the SOLD tag. My buddy who is across the way from the Tartan seemed to think it hadnt sold as of a day ago. Then again, you never know. Man, I started thinking that someone from here might end up with that boat. If you loved the Tartan 30, I think that was about as good example of that boat around. Someone got a nice Tartan, indeed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: