Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

235 with trailer on ebay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: 235 with trailer on ebay Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-BENETEAU-FIRST-235-LOTS-OF-XTRAS-L-K_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63730QQitemZ4591495616QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Brock
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone notice the lack of wings on the keel? Or am I missing something.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brock wrote:
Anyone notice the lack of wings on the keel? Or am I missing something.

yeah it's called a fin!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what percentage are wings vs. fins? Was this an option or a model year change?
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mccalack wrote:
Any idea what percentage are wings vs. fins? Was this an option or a model year change?

Good question, I think that kind of data will be gathered here as more people find this place & share information about thier boat.
I find it almost disturbing that there are some people who are on this site, they own a 235, & haven't shared anything about thier boat or themselves?
I think that it is sad that there are people who are "info paranoid". All this crap about Identity theft has people reeling. This site is pretty secure & KH weeds out the spam trolls, & nobody is submitting their SS#.........heh
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Was this an option or a model year change

It isn't a model year change. To the extent that an end owner actually "ordered" a boat to spec I'd call it an option. I suspect the real mechanism was what a dealer thought would appeal to their local market.

There have been a lot of fins out of the Chicago region. On Lake Michigan a fin makes a lot of sense. A boat that would be regularly trailered, sailed on inland lakes or Atlantic coastal water from Hatteras south would be best suited with a wing.

It would be interesting to know the US distribution by retail dealer. Beneteau must have this info, but it's probably not real accessible. These boats were made before relational databases became a religion. The Captains Shop in Lawrence, KS sold a bunch of 235s. They are out of business now, although the principals are still around. If I can sniff out an email for Bruce I'll ask. There was an active dealer in St. Louis, probably the source for most of the Carlisle boats. I don't know if they are still a Beneteau dealer, but they don't buy Beneteau boats for inventory. New boats on the yard are all Hunters, up to 30 something feet.

If you don't count J24's, a case unto itself with a whole different dynamic/market, the vast majority of trailerable pocket cruisers were swing keel boats. That's part of the 235 uniqueness.

If anyone has contact with a dealer in their area that sold new 235s, it would be interesting to chat them up and report here. I'm guessing that current Beneteau dealers are not necessarily the dealers that sold most of the 235s.

This is part of the 235 story we don't have a lot of data on. Let's see if we can get some <G>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: