Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My boat is on ebay - SOLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacksheep

I agreed to cancel the deal after you refused to accept the rest of the money and refuzed to help me anymore. without your help -admitted- the deal could not have been finished.
But life is not only sticking to paragraphs and terms of trade and such. Life is also about fairness, respect and treating other people like you want to be treated. Just think about it.
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I e-mailed this to kelly to check to see if he thought it was worthy of posting. Enjoy more drama........

I thought you would like to know the out come of this, I thought I would share it with you first to see if you think it is worthy of the forum. I hate this! This has been such a pain in the but. Sorry, you had to witness any of this frustration. I am so frustrated with Dirk! The trailer for the boat is being made as I type, I had a trailer lined up already for Dirk. I also had a importer exporter lined up as well. I had it all lined up with help from the board. Here is how it unfolded. Let me know what you think.
jon

A lot has happened since my last post....
>
> I recieved payment in full from Dirk 3 days after he anounced on this
> site he was no longer in the deal, that was the first I had heard he was
> not in the deal with me anymore. I still did not hear from him asking for
> his money back or that he was out of the deal. It is all so confusioning.
> So I contact a lawyer/father and a lawyer/uncle mind you both are long
> time sailors. I tell them of this craziness. They both come to a
> agreement that the boat is no longer mine and advise me to remove my personal property from the boat.
Then let it sit until it needed to be removed from my dock. Then put it in storage and then put a lean on the boat. You all know the story.
>
> I play hardball but not this hard. I think, if I didn't have another
> buyer, I might have considered it. I also knew the new buyer really
> wanted the boat. So I paypal the amount of the boat minus the deposit of
> a $1000. I am done with Dirk. I posted it here as well as on my ebay
> contract the deposit was nonrefundable.
>
>
> It is funny I was at the lake last night and we discused this over diner
> and everyone felt I was more then fair. I was suprised by the diffirent
> reaction of what people would have done. The magority of the people that I have spoke with about this, would have followed there lawyers
> advice......Maybe I should have. I recieved this e-mail today.

This is the first I have heard from Dirk, I still did not hear from him asking to get out of the deal. but here is how it went down. I know I should not be posting this on here but have a look.
>
Jon,
I have received the $ 4.5K, thank you. What about the rest?

best regards
Dirk

Dirk, your are NOT going to recieve any more money from me, you have cost me well over $1500 in dock fees as well as my time. I should have kept more money but let you off easy. I was told by my lawyer not to give you ANY of your money back and let you figure out transport. If the boat was still in my dock at the end of the season, I was to put a storage lean aginst the boat. The chances of you getting the boat were slim. I would have ended up with the boat and the entire $5500. Consider yourself lucky! You will not get any refund from me! I am asking you to send me another $500 for my time and dock fee, when will you be sending it?
jon

The reason I am asking for the $500 is because I had to pay my partners out on the dock, Everyone wishes they had a free dock.

Jon
sad to hear such news. Docks are paid per season, so I cannot see any reason why it should have cost you any extra money. Anyway you had enjoyed sailing her. Furthermore if you pay 1.500.- for two months for a dock you should ask your marina why they are cheating you...
I had offered you to deducct a reasoable amount for your effort and telefon cost, the guys in the beneteau235.com forum conidered 100.- for reasonable. ok, I expect your payment within 7 days. Otherwise first step will be that I publish your email and your attitude in the beneteau235.com forum. Kelly Holsten had asked me several times if you have paid back the doposit. I havent answered her so far. We will see their reaction, and what they think about it. next step would be that I consult a lawyer...I do not believe you did because no lawyer would tell you such bullshit.
Hope we will handle this thing reasonable!!
Regards
Dirk

Dirk,You will not get any more money from me, now looking back I wish I would have listened to my lawyer (FATHER and his partners) GOSLEE & GOSLLEE look it up. I told him that I sent your money back minus the deposit and he has disapointed that I did not do as I was advised. If you think you have case, I will see you in court. I will do one better and post my response for you. Me and my party think you got off easy, Your lucky that you were not dealing with a person in need. I wish I would have listen to my party and not sent you a dime. Next time I will not be so nice. I wish you the best of luck.
jon

THE END!
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blacksheep,
fact is: you had got all the money, but said you are not going to help me anymore. So we agreed to call it off. I would have expected you to be fair enough to give back the money (as sailors would have done). Even more because you sold the boat a few days later...

I didnt know that there is trailer made...that was the thing that stopped us from proceeding with the deal...

OK, lets finish this thread now. I hope you will reflect again about it and decide to do the right thing

Dirk
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I walk out of the house to check on my stuff that's been blowing around, get a few phone calls, and return to see this thread turn into a complete disaster.

ENOUGH, everyone.

Blacksheep, you know Jon was just being the Lake Loon and was more giving you a hard time than anything serious. See his follow-up post. I was also shocked to see you take that post literally. Granted, it was probably not the most tactful post, but you could have defused the situation. To watch this degenerate into a junior high playground was an embarrassment.

Let stop the rancor before it gets even worse. No one's putting down anyone's "brothers" or "club". People here are simply a bit upset about how this deal turned out as all are putting themselves into the shoes of the participants.

I am to blame for getting this thread going again as I received emails and pleas from both parties. As I said, I believe BOTH parties are at fault here but it's now turned into a totally ugly and useless situation.

Let's stop the rancor and backbiting here on all sides. Blacksheep, you got a lot of support here from fellow members trying to help you out, even including the Lake Loon. I don't think anyone REALLY wishes any of this to have turned sour; in my view, it didn't have to.

But let's stop the exchange here. I know Lake Loon Jon well enough to realize he was just pulling your leg. And I would hope that you could take this in a way that shows some sort of maturity.

I am not big on moderation and censorship, nor closing threads. But I would like for the posts to stop, unless they are constructive. The boat has been sold and the new owner is looking forward to getting her going. Let's hope she doesn't have as rocky a past in her future.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no more post on this? Well too bad. Where can we turn now, is Peyton Place still on TV? Maybe Dallas?
lchivers
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a shame that this is going to end. I have never seen a thread like this where two people needed to bicker in such a public way when it could have been solved in a more private, adult matter.
mquigley
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have never seen a thread like this where two people needed to bicker in such a public way when it could have been solved in a more private, adult matter.

Visit the Sailing Anarchy forums...
abstrait

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lchivers wrote:
It is a shame that this is going to end. I have never seen a thread like this where two people needed to bicker in such a public way when it could have been solved in a more private, adult matter.

Yep, see Sailing Anarchy.... it makes this place seem tame.

Ironically enough, like in all the forums, you take a look at the hit count of a thread like this, and when you have close to TRIPLE the number of visits over any thread in the year this forum existed, it gives you a straight insight into human nature. It's like rubbernecking at a carwreck behind closed doors...
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yep, see Sailing Anarchy.... it makes this place seem tame.

I'm trying to figure out if any of you here are posting there----Any confessions? I have a few ideas. >vbg<
abstrait

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:
I'm trying to figure out if any of you here are posting there----Any confessions? I have a few ideas.

I'll let MQuig speak for himself on this one... I think I've posted there maybe few times but it was long ago.

Last edited by abstrait on Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
mquigley
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I post there every once in a while...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: