Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My boat is on ebay - SOLD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: My boat is on ebay - SOLD Reply with quote

I am so MAD I have to sell it! I removed the mast for transport, and to replace the lines if it does not go. I hate to sell it, DAMN! It killed me today the weather was great we had the kids at the lake and I just could not bring myself to take them out. The lake is down 3 in. as well, Oh well, thanks for everyones help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4557500735

I wish one of you guys got it!
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Fin Keel too deep? Reply with quote

I see you have a fin keel. How about a nice wing keel? Would a keel trade mean you keep your boat?
Liberty Edition #22 Hull #299
Wing Keel
Hull Identification Number: BEY1A299J889
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I am just going to sell it, and figure out what I want after that. I should say what will work on my lake. I found a trailer on lake Erie about a hour from my house. Funny how things work. I hope everyone has a great day.
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
At this point I am just going to sell it, and figure out what I want after that. I should say what will work on my lake.

What WILL work on your lake? A depth of 2' 9 is pretty good with only swing keels (or retractables) able to beat it. If stumps are peppering your lake all over at less than 2.5 feet, I dont know how any sailboats can feel at ease out there.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a stileto and I think I will end up with a E SCOW or maybe a I scow. I or even moveing the boat to a diffirent body of water. We own two bars right on on the lake it is on now, it wouldn't be the same. Even though it is closer. I want to keep the boat, I went and looked at a place called ALUM CREEK it is only a small drive but like I said will not be the same.
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I went out to check out this place called Alum Creek I discovered this little sailing club. This place is 6.2 miles from my new home. There is a FIRST 235 there with a trailer, and the guy said I could use it to move my boat. WOW, I can't believe this place is just down the street. I meet with the Commodore and he said they would sell me a dock, but their are two docks left for rent. I found a place that will make a trailer for me called Eagle trailer. This looks like it maybe the answer, I am trying to keep her!

Check out the pictures if you look close you can see the 23.5 in the back ground in the last picture.

http://www.alumcreeksailing.com/ACSAmain.aspx

I have some quotes on trailers, I will forward them to Neil I hope he will post them.
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Great Find!!!! Reply with quote

It toook me 5 years to find the hidden yacht club that is 10 miles from my house. It had been there 50 years.

Looks like you have someone to match race!!
Wing Keel
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back out to the club this evening and showed my better half, she went crazy. She had no idea this was there as well. We are both now hoping the boat does not sell. This is almost to good to be true.
I have had a couple local sailors call me about the boat. That is how I found out about the club, from a call off the ad on ebay. Looks like the ad might have payed off.
It feels good to be excited about the boat at last. I will keep you posted. Now, I think the $7000 is way too low for the buy now. If I just replaced the stickers this boat would be over the top, the sails are in great shape. The boat over all is nice! I hope it doesn't sell.
If I get to keep it I will take it into my studio and give it a custom paint job like one you have never seen. I will deck this thing out. It will be over the top!
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can easily take a boat off ebay if you want to. If you have no reserve and dont want the boat to sell for a low amount, or if you seemingly want to keep the boat, why not take it off? It's obvious the strange history of this F235 will keep on with many twists and turns. I can barely keep up.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in German ebay you cant take an item off, once there is an offer made...

Regards
Dirk
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We talked about removeing it from ebay but once a person has bid you can not change the ad what so ever. We talked about a shill bider but we are above that. I have to follow through with what I have started. If it goes it goes and if it doesn't better for me. I have a prediction the boat doesn't sell and I buy a new trailer and I finish the boat to the way I want it and sail it for a couple of years and sell it for way above $10,000.
The club I am looking to join is selling off shares of the club for $5000 with a 7% return every year and a discount of $500 towards you membership every year. You then can sell your share off at anytime. It sounds real good. There are only two $5000 shares left. I think I might buy both and rent the dock out. I don't think 7% return is bad at all and it is helping out a great cause. The club is only two years old and has over a 100 members. I know it will all work out.
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
I have a stileto and I think I will end up with a E SCOW or maybe a I scow. I or even moveing the boat to a diffirent body of water. We own two bars right on on the lake it is on now, it wouldn't be the same. Even though it is closer. I want to keep the boat, I went and looked at a place called ALUM CREEK it is only a small drive but like I said will not be the same.

Jon wanted these pics of the 'new club' posted - an F235 called 'Avalon' is there too!

(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: E-Bay Reply with quote

If you want to keep the boat, you should be able to get out of the e-bay situation. I would contact E-bay and see what you have to do. You may just have to contact the bidders and get them to agree not to buy and cancel the bids. Most people would be reasonable I think.
Wing Keel
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen ebay auctions for boats before that indicate in the text that it's also for sale by other means, and then a few days later (i.e., before the end of the auction) I've seen a 'SOLD' notice go on the item description.
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nquigley wrote:
I've seen ebay auctions for boats before that indicate in the text that it's also for sale by other means, and then a few days later (i.e., before the end of the auction) I've seen a 'SOLD' notice go on the item description.

Jon I sent you a PM but you did not answer, if you would like I will outbid anyone on the boat.

Jon(the original)
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Blacksheep

to pick up Jons (the original) words: I was bidding on your boat on ebay. First I thought your comments that you dont want to sell are just strategy on the sale so people will not think you are going to sell at any price. I wan to know if you REALLY dont want to sell and KEEP the boat. If so, I will refrain from bidding or outbid any other buyer. I could also go for the "buy now" option, if you want. How much us ebay fees?

So please reassure me, you DONT want to sell.
best regards
Dirk
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: sold Reply with quote

it appears Dirk is the successful bidder on Blacksheep's boat with a final bid of 5.5K . . . it seems the experience has appreciated the value $100 over the previous Ebay sale.
lchivers
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't much time left. If BLACKSHEEP doesn't confirm that he doesn't want to sell it I will just have to bid on it and buy if from him. I have a line on a trailer and everything.
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichivers
would be -of course- interested in the trailer, if YOU dont want to have it.

Best regards
Dirk
lchivers
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk wrote:
Ichivers
would be -of course- interested in the trailer, if YOU dont want to have it.

Best regards
Dirk

I'm going to hold onto it for a bit incase I can't get a boat with a trailer. Are you really in Germany? How much does it cost to bring a boat over there?

I will let you know in the next couple of weeks though.
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: DIRK I have been trying to get a hold of you. Reply with quote

I just got back from vacation and see that the boat sold to Dirk. He stole the boat at that price, I will help any way I can for transport. Dirk please call me or leave your number so I can call you. Thanks to everyone who helped me sell my boat. The buyer being in GErmany kind of concerns me. Dirk please call.
jon
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: sold Reply with quote

Daryl S wrote:
it appears Dirk is the successful bidder on Blacksheep's boat with a final bid of 5.5K . . . it seems the experience has appreciated the value $100 over the previous Ebay sale.

The experience did not appreciate the value, it could have been the $300 in lines and other stuff I purchased for the boat.
jon
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Blacksheep

didnt mean to steal the boat ;-)
made my final bid 1 hour before end of auction. Offered you to outbid anyone to keep the boat for you. Ok, never mind. I emailed you twice for details about bank account to transfer the deposit and so on.
I appreciate any help in shipping the boat. certain shipping company preferable? What about the guy from Spain who wanted to buy the boat and had 3.000$ guote for shipping?
Trailer for hire or sale anywhere round?
Thank you and regards
Dirk
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrews Trucking Ltd.

795 Creek Road, R.R. 4

Niagara-on-the-Lake ON L0S 1J0
Phone
1(800)263-7140

they are the best! call them to get a quote, I know all the drivers, The are in OH all the time. They deliver all the C&C, Tartans, Beneteau's, & Hunters around the NE,
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk, I just e-mailed you. Thank you for your response, I will e-mail you my bank info today, you should have it by 3:00pm today EST. Like I said I will do what ever you need to make this transaction as easy on you as I can. I am sure it will run smooth for the both of us. I will post here after I send the the bank info. Stateing that I did. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way.
jon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: