Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNCLE!!!! I give up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: UNCLE!!!! I give up! Reply with quote

I am truly kicking myself. In March I saw an ad in an eastern oklahoma shopper type paper advertizing a "sailboat trailer for 22 to 25 foot keel sailboat. weight capacity 5000 lbs. $600 cash only"

I did try to call, but the number advertized had no area code and I guessed wrong and got an outta service message. So I blew it off. Hey, I wasn't planning on being in the active market until this coming fall, after sailing season.

Enter the Silver Tongued Devil, known as The Quigster and loved by all. <G> This scoundrel whispers into my ears the whereabouts of an excellent 235 at Ebay type price. He has my attention! Plans are changed, scheduled moved, monies shifted, all manner of chaos ensues.

Trailers cost 3 to 5K new! that's the reality. And even with the killer price of the boat, a price I'd not have the heart to attempt to lower by so much as a nickel, is only a so so deal vis a vis the universe of sailboats out then when considered as a boat/trailer package.

Road King: 3300 for an underspec'd single axle
Triton: 3425 to 4975 single axle 3885 to 5505 tandem, well spec'd
Loadmaster: 4490 tandem, overspec'd

I pulled down Road King's price list (only after Sue graciously pm'd me to wait, silly goose, until the whole page loads) and printed it all. In looking at the scantlings of the famous 1600 trailer (and the list IS obsolete) I realized that this trailer is almost a twin of the trailer that was under my 18' buccaneer and actually lighter than the trailer under my 19' flying scot.

I was discouraged.

So, I pulled back a bit, looked around again, and am proceeding. I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the following individuals:
Mr. Weyman C., judging from my phone and email contact is as fine a gentleman as has ever held a tiller; Neil for a great deal of email support and Jon, Neil and Sue for their gracious, albeit geographically challenged, offers of a loaner trailer.

Watch this space. I hope to have a cyber christening in the next couple weeks. Ya'll that might wish to attend said cyber christening may want to pick up a half pint of Peach Schnapps.

OH YEAH, nearly forgot . . . I finally tracked down the man with the six hundred dollar trailer. It was long gone. After months of unsuccessfully peddling it via classified ads, he sold it on Ebay for 1600
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: