Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1987 Beneteau First 235 Fin Keel & Trailer $8500 SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: 1987 Beneteau First 235 Fin Keel & Trailer $8500 SOLD Reply with quote

1987 Beneteau First 235 Fin Keel, Hull #22 - Fin Noir for Sale NY/MASS/CT area SOLD

I purchased Fin Noir in the fall of 2007 to sail and restore, then, in 2009, I purchased my 285, Solaris. I don’t have time for two boats in my life so the 235 is for sale.

Shortly after purchase I started upgrades and repairs that include:

Full Franmar Soystrip of Bottom and Keel down to gel coat and iron. Prepped to Interlux specifications and barrier coated with Interprotect following Interlux protocol and specs.
Note: There were no blisters. I did the barrier coat because I planned to
keep this boat for many years.

Keel was ground to bare metal, rust proofed and faired with West System Epoxy and Graphite. Bottom is painted white, and fin keel, black with Petit Vivid. Boat has not been used since Bottom job was completed.

Rudder was dried out, faired and Interprotected then painted with Petit Vivid white.

Transom to Hull joint was cleaned out and re-bonded with West System G System Epoxy.

All Bright Work and the Tiller were removed, sanded and finished with many coats of Bristol finish epoxy. Teak replaced where needed.

New Teak weather boards were fabricated with “book matched” grain and bathed in Bristol finish epoxy.

Mast base upgraded to heavy duty mast base.

New COAX cable and Antenna.

Spreader collar upgraded.

Brand new never used, Boom Kicker included.

Blue sea cable clam installed.

Ray Marine ST 60+ Wind Instrument and Manual included.

Signet Depth Instrument.

ORIGO 3000 gimbaled stove.

Whale V-pump MK6 (for sink) brand new T.B.I.

Plastimo new grommet and cover for emergency bilge pump.

Icom VHF marine IC-M45 radio.

Cabin cushions recovered with off white, high quality fabric ( original green velvet underneath)

Lay out with Head & Nav desk to starboard. Sink, Icebox and Gimbaled Origio stove to Port.

New Whale pump for sink.

Recent install of Rule Mate Auto Bilge Pump ( Nice when boat is left for extended periods moored or in your slip)

Low Hours Mercury 4 stroke 4 HP Longshaft Motor in Very Good Clean Condition.

Recent Battery.

Brand new Beneteau Replacement Windows just installed.

Two older Main Sails, Two or Three Headsails including a nice
North Mylar Genoa. Older Spin & pole.

Single Axel Trailer has two New Wheels and Tires (low miles), Bearing Buddies, Recent Lights and Wiring Harness. Trailer recently repainted with Rustoleum Paint . Trailer is very functional, I towed the boat home 2000 miles with no problems, and have since used it seasonally. Could use spare wheel and tire.

Headliner passable for use but would look nicer if replaced. Interior wood work could use refinishing in places. Previous owner allowed rainwater to enter, lower wood work is discolored and needs attention in places. Base of aft cabin bulk heads need attention.

I enjoyed sailing her for two seasons. She sails like a 235 fin should, racy, responsive and exciting. Between my 285 and a recent home purchase I just don’t have the time to bring the 235 to completion, so I would like to find a buyer interested in saving some money for sweat equity. I have put much time, effort and money into this boat. She needs somebody with fresh energy and time to take her to the finish line.
Taking into consideration the work I have done, and what is left to do, I am pricing the boat, trailer and motor at $8500 if someone wants to buy her soon. If I end up doing more restoration the price will go up accordingly.

Delivery is possible for those without proper tow vehicle.

I will post more photos including interior shots as well as updates soon. Anyone seriously interested in owning a Fin Keel 235 please feel free to PM me any questions.

[/b]
Solaris - 1988 F285 WK, Hull#95
(Fin Noir - 1987 F235 Fin, Hull#022, my Ex.)

Last edited by macroule on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:21 am; edited 7 times in total
Paul and Lynn Mayeski
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$8500 for this boat sounds like a steal...
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

235 Hull #22 has been sold and will be joining about 3 or 4 other 235's
on the Mid - Hudson river.

Thanks to all that expressed interest.
Solaris - 1988 F285 WK, Hull#95
(Fin Noir - 1987 F235 Fin, Hull#022, my Ex.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: