Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for fin keel for sale!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Looking for fin keel for sale! Reply with quote

Hi,

Last edited by Brandon Snider on Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Two. Reply with quote

Well so far I've found 2 fin keel boats for sale. One in the NE and one in TX. Having a hard time getting info on the boat in TX. Man these things are expensive for a 20 year old 23 footer. Having a hard time convincing the little lady that the Beneteau is twice as good as the Starwind 223 we looked at to justify twice the price. $5,000, the two Beneteaus are listed around $12,000. Sure would have liked to gotten Little Rum, I saw the post where it sold, looked like a nice boat. I guess patients is key! Hopefully my Catalina will be gone next week, keeping my fingers crossed!! Wish me luck, Brandon
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Two. Reply with quote

Brandon Snider wrote:
Having a hard time convincing the little lady that the Beneteau is twice as good as the ...

it's the best. put her online. we'll convince her!
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
Webbie
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What don't you like about your Catalina 27???
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webbie wrote:
What don't you like about your Catalina 27???

Its just to big, I'm a firm believer in smaller is better, plus I want something on a trailer because I'm going to be travelling with work. Either way I'll never own another boat this big again unless It's going to be my full time liveaboard cruiser. I much prefer a transom hung rudder and outboard, also the side decks are to narrow. The Catalina is a nice boat otherwise, It sails really nice. I hate to see it go in a way, it has a ton of room onboard. I could easily liveaboard.

Last edited by Brandon Snider on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:25 am; edited 3 times in total
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool another potential SC boat :)

I'm up near myrtle beach.

We will be sailing down for our honeymoon to charleston for the first week in august and staying on sea puppy down there. Not sure if we will be anchoring or getting a slip in a marina. Probably anchoring because of cost :)
you'll have to catch up with us while we are down there and show the wife a 235. :)
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Keep in touch Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
cool another potential SC boat :)

I'm up near myrtle beach.

We will be sailing down for our honeymoon to charleston for the first week in august and staying on sea puppy down there. Not sure if we will be anchoring or getting a slip in a marina. Probably anchoring because of cost :)
you'll have to catch up with us while we are down there and show the wife a 235. :)

Keep in touch, I'm meeting a guy this week for the second time, hopefully work out a deal for the Catalina. If he doesn't want the slip I may keep it for a month. You're welcome to use it if its empty. either way theres a spot to anchor by the coast guard dock, its only about 50 yards away, you can use my slip for your dinghy if the boat is still there.
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very cool...
send me your phone number and we will give you a call when we get ready to head that way :)

my cell is 843-465-6555
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: