Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for F235 in Colorado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seb5thman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Looking for F235 in Colorado Reply with quote

If anybody knows of a F235 for sale in or around Colorado I'd appreciate a PM or email. From what I've read on this site I think the F235 would be a good, stable boat for inland lakes and the sometimes wild weather we get around here.
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for F235 in Colorado Reply with quote

seb5thman wrote:
If anybody knows of a F235 for sale in or around Colorado I'd appreciate a PM or email. From what I've read on this site I think the F235 would be a good, stable boat for inland lakes and the sometimes wild weather we get around here.

Here's the link to the Directory - you might try contacting owners near you to see if any know of F235s for sale.
http://www.beneteau235.com/f235_database.htm
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
seb5thman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nquigley, I emailed all of the listed Colorado owners and recieved one reply with some info to follow up on. Thanks for the tip and I will continue to keep looking.
jesweezy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for F235 in Colorado Reply with quote

Good luck with your search. I just purchased one from Western Colorado and moved it back to Northern New Mexico. Don't forget to search surrounding states, especially Kansas. Better to haul it over flat ground than 10,000 foot mountain passes. During my search I used a few sites every few days:

Jaxed.com - Provides a mashup of craig's list and ebay:
http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=cpboat&itm=beneteau&loc=&fil=&ys=&ye=&submit=++++go++++

I found mine advertised on: sailboatowners.com
http://classifieds.sailboatowners.com/classified3/index.tpl?fno=400

There is one advertised in Colorado on sailboatlistings.com (hull 418, 1992, $16,600)
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/cgi-bin/saildata/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&view_records=1&ID=10900&mh=1

It seems that there is one in Northern New Mexico that may be for sale:
http://desertsea.blogspot.com/2008/01/beneteau-235-looking-for-home.html
I do not believe that the owner sold the boat and has it in storage. The owner is in my sailing club so I'll shot him a message and see if it is for sale.

Good luck with your search!
Jeremy
Hull #262
mtred

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for F235 in Colorado Reply with quote

In my recent search for a F235 I found an '89 wing keel in Fruita, CO. I probably would have bought it just before winter set in but I could not rent a tow vehicle for the 1500 mile round trip. The owner said it is being stored indoors over the winter while he sails the Bahamas in his Catalina 27. His listing on sailboatowners.com has been removed.

I asked the owner to call me when he gets back to Colorado in early Spring. But since you are closer maybe it'll be the boat for you. It comes with a single axle trailer. There is some minor damage to the tow rails that is visible in one of his online photos (I kept a copy).

Let me know if you want more details and I'll respond via email. I hesitate to post his phone number or address to the forum without his permission.

john in Montana
jesweezy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for F235 in Colorado Reply with quote

mtred wrote:
In my recent search for a F235 I found an '89 wing keel in Fruita, CO.

That one is not on the market. That is the boat that I purchased.

jesweezy wrote:

It seems that there is one in Northern New Mexico that may be for sale:
http://desertsea.blogspot.com/2008/01/beneteau-235-looking-for-home.html
I do not believe that the owner sold the boat and has it in storage. The owner is in my sailing club so I'll shot him a message and see if it is for sale.

I checked on this one that was for sale in Northern New Mexico and it was also purchased.

Keep up the hunt!

Jeremy
Hull #262
mtred

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for F235 in Colorado Reply with quote

Jeremy, congrats on your purchase of hull number 262. I feared the boat would not last on the market until Spring. Leon seemed to be asking a fair price, especially with a trailer. If only my underpowered '97 Pathfinder had more guts it might have been mine!

Cheers,
john in Montana
(going iceboating today)
seb5thman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys have done a lot of work for me!!! Of the tips posted on this thread, the only one that may still be available is in Monument, Colorado. I talked to the owner a couple of months ago and he was taking the boat to cruise the Gulf Coast for a few months and was not sure what he was going to do with the boat. There is a F-235 for sale at the 'Anchorage' boat sales in Lyons, Colorado but I'm not sure of the condition. It's a bit of a drive and I want to see if it's worth the drive to look at it.
If you come across anything during your searches let me know. I regularily check most of the sites and will keep on looking.
Jim
seb5thman
jesweezy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

seb5thman wrote:
There is a F-235 for sale at the 'Anchorage' boat sales in Lyons, Colorado .... It's a bit of a drive and I want to see if it's worth the drive to look at it.

Go take a look at it, at least to see if you like the 235. It will also give you a comparison if you decide not to buy that one. I drove 8 hours from Santa Fe, through Durango, Silverton, and Ouray to see the boat I purchased. I thought I was driving too far, but in the end it was well worth it. The pictures from the 'Anchorage' seem to show the boat in good condition, worth the drive.

Their asking price seems a bit high, $13,995. Arm yourself with other current prices. Take a look at the NADA guide, which lists a base price of $9,500 for low retail, and
$10,820 for average retail. Here is the link to the NADA guide:
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.aspx?LI=1-24-38-5694-0-0-0&l=1&w=24&p=38&f=5697&m=0191&y=1989&ml=B&gc=MR&gtc=MR&d=1600020466
But the NADA price doesn't include the trailer.

Mine was listed for $8,500 (with a single axle trailer) but has some toerail damage. There was a 1992 fin keel posted on the forum in November for $10,500 (dual axle trailer): http://www.regent-point.com/Beneteau%20235.htm

Good hunting!
Jeremy
Hull #262
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: