Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Katrina Victim - #39 - FINALLY SOLD (stratos|Vancouver)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gasket

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Deposit Update Reply with quote

Ken,

Thanks for your interest. Mr. Ratliff is unwilling to sell to me and I have not had returned my deposit either. May I say, scammer.

I did see that he raised his offer price on Craigslist by $500 to $3,500. The listing has since be retracted.

I recently received a letter from Alabama Attorney General acknowledging that they received my complaint that I filed on line.

Still boatless,

Gil
Ken
First Mate

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems as if this individual selling the boat is not doing good for promoting "fair practice" in his selling. I hope that people looking for a F235 look at this site first and see his unethicl practices. Who's deposit is next to be scammed??

I am sorry that you had to go through this experience.

Ken
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, the trials and tribulations of NORTH STAR, hull #39, have taken a positive turn. Stan Taliadouros (stratos), someone that definitely has the facilities to bite off this project, has now bought #39, giving her new life... I've been talking to Stan a bit over the last month or so. I'll try to help him get some shots of the process in the forum. I'm sure we'll hear from him soon. As evidenced below, he hopes to have her sailing by June 08. Great news for a boat that's needed some good news:

Stan T. wrote:
I decided to buy the Beneteau from Mr. Ratliff. He is also supplying me with a new mast included in the final costs. I am very excited to be another owner of a Beneteau 235. He has told me pretty much the same story as you have kindly e-mailed me with.

I have my own company doing yacht repairs, so I can basically keep the costs low to repair the necessary damages on the Beneteau. I will probably need to purchase certain factory Beneteau parts in order to keep everything in original condition.

I plan to have her sailing by June 08 in Vancouver. I will probably need to re-gelcoat the hull and repair the deck... I would also like to post pictures of the vessel being worked on via the Beneteau 235 site. I imagine lots of Beneteau 235 owners are inquiring on who has bought the boat, and whats happening to her.

Don't worry she's in good hands now.

Mr Ratliff will be delivery the boat to me (in Vancouver) with my new mast by Febuary 15/08.

Thank you,

Stan Taliadouros
Stratos Yacht Services Inc.

'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome this class is really growing. I look forward to seeing the work he puts into this boat.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he acts fast he can still make the bolt order.
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
Chris Wild
Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another 235 immigrating to Canada. Sooon weee'll have them allll.

Chris
'87 Wing ~ Wild Thing ~ Hull #15
garrett

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone misses out on the rudder bushings and bolt order contact me cause im going to make them from delrin on our CNC lathe and once you program to make one you might as well make a few so i will most likely make a few dozen bushings. I am going to wait till i next week or so so i can actually put calipers to the rudder pintles and grudgeuns (Spelling?) I want tight fitting bushings and very little slop in the tiller.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
BMILLWEE
First Mate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: North Star Reply with quote

Man, Good luck w/ North Star. She is/was located in Huntsville, Al. When I first started looking for a F235 in Sept/Oct. I actually rode up to take a look at her from Birmingham. From the pics I saw. It looked like a little damage on the starboard side. When I went to see her it was a a lot more than what I had expected and cared to deal with. This boat needed a lot of work all over from bow to stern. I am not speaking bad of the boat. But I was not expecting it to need as much done to it as it was going to require. I think that it is awesome that someone w/ the time and resources has it now and can get it back in the water again. I got back and started listing everything the boat needed and the price. When I got an est. on the paint job is when I moved on. I took alot of pics of the boat inside and out.
Enchantress Hull #170
garrett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do all the prep work and really research what you are doing you can save alot of money on a paintjob. The last paint job i did turned out great, im sure better than most older boats gelcoats. Another way i found to really cut cost over just calling up and saying hey i need my boat painted is to do all the prepwork and buy the paint yourself and say hey can you throw my boat in the booth some weekend and spray it? I Found proffesional boatyard near me who would spray my paint for 350 bucks. Luckly i found a buddy who will do it for a case of beer though. And even awlgrip isnt that rediculous as far as cost. Around 700 for all the paint and primer and catalyst you need.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
Peregrine91
First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listing has been pulled.
'91 WK #340 "Peregrine"
Lenexa, KS
abstrait

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peregrine91 wrote:
Listing has been pulled.

Which listing? If your talking the ebay listing in post #1, where it sold for a hair over $700, it's been quite a while as the auction ended around the 26th of August in 2006. If you're talking the Texas Sailing listing, that was back in Sept of 2006, when the price went to $3500-3000 where it expired but is still viewable online. Then we have a ton of Alabama Craigslist postings, with almost too many to count, these getting renewed. There are a smattering of other listings for this boat, too.

But yes, it's definitely sold but will probably see the market again down the line after being redone.
Idefix
Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here we go - a third F235 in Vancouver! Soon we'll have a north-west rendez-vous and/or class regatta. And I sincerely hope Stan brings along his other yacht for happy hour - see http://www.stratosyachts.com/
Idefix - Hull #336
north star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: North Star Reply with quote

North Star was sold without any help from the forum. The boat was sold prior any contact from beneteau forum. Contact by the buyer to the forum after the sale. Any person sell a lot of boats will have a lot of Ads, in many states and countries. By the number boats we had sold, number of we emails we received every day, I guess we doing the right amount of Ads. We hope to close this matter with Beneteau Company soon. As far about part prices, Full retail, whole sale, accounts prices and at cost, big different in parts, repair, paint. Shop around for the best prices, especially in mast, boom, rig, and repairs. Stephen
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: North Star Reply with quote

north star wrote:
North Star was sold without any help from the forum. The boat was sold prior any contact from beneteau forum.

Actually, this is not true. The guy wrote me before purchase to ask my opinion on the boat and I responded with an in-depth email discussing all sides with the pros and cons. We exchanged several email before he actually purchased North Star. He got my contact info from this site/forum.

BTW, have you actually delivered the boat to Stan? I have not heard from him and he said he was to have the boat almost two weeks ago. Where is the boat at this time?
north star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: North Star Reply Reply with quote

The North Star Boat agreement was made on Jan 8, 08. After the boat was sold, he spoke with me on the phone about the problem with the forum (north Star), your Forum show when he joined. If there a problem, the buyer(newly join forum) and Abstrait about the dates, maybe you two can have a meeting and look over your dates. I have just the emails and the phone calls. Looking over the number of views (20090) number number of views, I can see the Forum wants keep this situation going on, never mind after I email with all truth with proof, I never received a retraction/apology from the forum due 99% false or lies. I sold North Star to another dealer and then he is selling to another person in Canada. Most deals are private, if the new owner wants to contact the forum, it will his decision, not the forum. I thought this forum was about boating, parts, updates, new boat, racing, not a soap opera with lies and cheating? Regards Stephen
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't flatter yourself, this thread has been going on since before you even owned the boat. In fact this thread has been going on for some 15 months prior to you even joining the forum.

Why don't you clear your conscience and send Gil Gaska his $300.
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
north star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply to loser Jon Reply with quote

A couple FACTS, the story about the North Star is the number views, after I bought the boat, All the info from the forum about 99% was false or made up. Jon was wrong, lied, and you don't know nothing about the deal or the boat. You never see or been to see the boat, basically you don't know thing, just running a mouth with no brain. Gaska lost the boat after failing to pay the boat within 14 days, he disappear over 3 months, his $300 to hold for 14 days (to prevent a another buying the boat) during trying get a loan. Jon maybe you will grow up and learn to find the truth before you running your mouth little boy. I invite you come to huntsville, AL and back up your statement, but we know, little boy you was too scared to email or call before you runs your mouth. When you are prove your statement, I will hold my breath.
BMILLWEE
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bla, bla, bla, bla. Can we turn the page. Tell ya what. Lets all just wish NORT STAR a windy future with many nautical miles ahead.
Enchantress Hull #170
abstrait

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is going to be closed, I think the first one I've ever closed.... or did I close the infamous blacksheep thread? Regardless, this should be put to pasture. The guy is writing me epics mails threatening lawsuits, each one getting more and more disjointed and fragmented. Basically, everyone has been concerned with getting this boat back in service and with any potential owner knowing what they are dealing with.

Hopefully, we can all go back to supporting the F235, which is why this thread started in the first place. Indeed, this site is here to SUPPORT the Beneteau First 235 and anyone interested in this great boat, owners and potential owners alike.

Good luck with future sales, North Star. Perhaps we can all learn something from this exchange. I literally approved North Star's membership so he could share his side of the story after a few potential owners came on to share their experiences. I thought it important to hear all sides.

Unfortunately, it's gone into the nether region with little constructive exchanged at this stage. And to be honest, Mr. North Star has not done himself a positive service with these last exchanges.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: