Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's get started, F235 owners and Crew!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Welcome to the Beneteau First 235 Forum! **NOTE PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFO FOR ACTIVATION BELOW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Let's get started, F235 owners and Crew! Reply with quote

OK, this forum is totally dependent on user input and involvement; if no one posts or participates, this place becomes stagnant and potential users, owners, and the curious will stop dropping by. So we need some STRONG involvment from everyone to start this ball rolling.

The advantage to this forum is it's easily searchable, has no advertisements, can be customized and organized to our liking. The poster/user has much more control as well, as he or she can edit their posts, post links, retain a signature at the bottom of their posts, get notification emails if their posts have been responded to, subscribe to threads, get their own owner profile etc. Your email address is kept PRIVATE as well.

Look foward to seeing you on the forums.

- kelly

Last edited by abstrait on Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total
mquigley
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: YahooGroups Forum... Reply with quote

FWIW... I'm the owner of the F235 forum on Yahoo. I'm in agreement with Kelly that it makes sense that only one of the forums survives. I'd like to see the Yahoo traffic migrated this way over the next couple of months. Once we get everyone over here, we'll get rid of the Yahoo group.
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: YahooGroups Forum... Reply with quote

mquigley wrote:
FWIW... I'm the owner of the F235 forum on Yahoo. I'm in agreement with Kelly that it makes sense that only one of the forums survives. I'd like to see the Yahoo traffic migrated this way over the next couple of months. Once we get everyone over here, we'll get rid of the Yahoo group.

I have been pondering a way to get all the great posts with good info on the Yahoo forum into some sort of YAHOO LIST DATABASE since there are some VERY helpful posts there already. Need to brainstorm on this one a bit. Thanks for the post though, Michael.

One thing I want to be able to do here is open up a section of my server to uploads for pics in F235 OWNER AREA.

I also have been toying with doing simple one or two page sites for members featuring their boat, area, and their own interests. Not sure if I have time for this but it was an idea.

kelly
mquigley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also have been toying with doing simple one or two page sites for members featuring their boat, area, and their own interests. Not sure if I have time for this but it was an idea.

My only advice (should you be willing to take it) is not to bite off more than you can comfortably chew. I think if you get the member database fields renamed to handle our needs and provide some infrastructure allowing people to share pictures, we're in business. At that point we really don't need the Yahoo group anymore...

I think we've got everything we need to get working on the class, racing and a rendezvous.
Steve Clausen
Navigator

Location: Red Hook, New York. Sailing out of Boothbay Harbor, Maine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this forum format better than the yahoo forum, thanks for hosting it Kelly. One question, how do I get the "newbie" status removed from under my name? I can't see anything in the profile that addresses that.
mquigley

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really like this forum format better than the yahoo forum, thanks for hosting it Kelly. One question, how do I get the "newbie" status removed from under my name? I can't see anything in the profile that addresses that.

It'll change as the number of posts you've made increases. Once you get to like 25 posts (IIRC) it'll switch to "Rail Meat".
Steve Clausen
Navigator

Location: Red Hook, New York. Sailing out of Boothbay Harbor, Maine

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey my post count is stuck at 6 even though I've posted 3 more tonight, I'll never get out of newbie status at this rate. :P

oops, never mind, it just went to 7, that's strange, it was stuck at 6 for a while.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Welcome to the Beneteau First 235 Forum! **NOTE PLEASE READ IMPORTANT INFO FOR ACTIVATION BELOW All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: