Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'90 WK, Hull #353 w/Loadmaster Trailer - SOLD (saltymon)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mquigley
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Most of the people who are interested seem to just want to crew & if nobody brings a boat obviously there will be none to crew on.

Well, if there is someone on the fence, who would be willing to bring their boat assuming they had someone to help them through the whole thing... I'm available...
mquigley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So. what are you buying? Or what have you bought?

I'm at a place in my life where I really need to simplify and consolidate a lot of things. My decision has nothing to do with wanting a different boat... I need to take a break from sailing and concentrate on other aspects of my life. Much has changed in the last 12 months. I'm sure I'll return to sailing at some point in the future--it's in my blood. But for now, I need to focus my attention elsewhere.

So... I'm not planning on buying a different boat. I'm planning on being boatless, so that I can turn my attention elsewhere. I may dabble at crewing for other people when I need a sailing or racing fix.

I very, very much appreciate all the kind words and well wishes. Ya'll are the best group of folks I've ever seen assembled around a specific boat. Kelly deserves a lot of credit for assembling and maintaining this community. Everyone should make their best effort to get up to Lake Ontario to race the LOCCR--events like that are how this community will continue to grow and thrive.

I still think the 235 is a hell of a little boat... and I really want to find a good home for mine. I think she's priced to sell and hopefully her new owner will be as pleased with her as I have been.

I'm still honored and amazed at all the kind words and well wishes. They're very much appreciated!
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the words here, Michael. I also understand the point of view with the changes; I have a few sailor friends that are going through the exact same decisions for various reasons, but most say they'll be back and will get their fix with the best compromise: sailing with others where the headache and cost of boat ownership is bypassed and the enjoyment of getting on the water is still there.

I have to admit, at times I feel the same thing, especially come hurricane season when it's bad enough just living on a barrier island, let alone dealing with boats like the F235. It's one thing to haul a Hobie Cat off the beach, and quite another to deal with a 3500lb floating ulcer inducer...

Know you'll still be on the water for a fix, one way or another. You're welcome here any time.
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
SailorBrian
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my S2 last July just wanting to step back from sailing, and uncomplicate my life a little,,,,I lasted till Oct when I bought the Beneteau I think once its in your blood, it would be hard to stay away.
I have owned several small boats over the years,,,,,but there is no place like here
#152 (Eur)
abstrait

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe ole Quigster's boat is now sold. I'll hazard a guess the new member from Utah is now smiling...
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
mquigley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do believe ole Quigster's boat is now sold. I'll hazard a guess the new member from Utah is now smiling...

It's official... #353 is heading west.
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Quig....

Reading your banter, your wise advice, and the smile that was apparent through your writing was a real part of my decision to buy the boat. I was secretly hoping that you'd change your mind. I am still hoping that you won't forsake us. Stick around, and when yer ready we'll all road trip to help you with your next 235 (in a year or two)... or at least Jon and I will.
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
Pat Turner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micheal, you are still a part of the 235 family. Don't be a stranger. Pat and Vickie
Windseeker - Hull #46
'87 Wing Keel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Turner wrote:
Micheal, you are still a part of the 235 family. Don't be a stranger. Pat and Vickie

naw, go to your room mister!!!! & don't come back till you get another boat<BG>
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE on FASTER PUSSYCAT:

Hull #353 now resides in Park City, UT and is owned by Chris Andrus (saltymon)and has been sailed on a few lakes out there. Her new name is Gitana and Chris hopes to have her back in the water again soon. He is working on redoing the interior to match the work MQuigley did on the exterior. Before being sold, Quigley had redone the bottom with faired wing (using templates), flush thruhulls, and nice Pettit ViViD White bottom paint. He had some excellent sails, nice instrumentation, and a beast of a Honda outboard. Chris informed me that he loves sailing 353 and cant wait to get his projects done. It's come a long way from Lake Norman.
mquigley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see the interior!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: