Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'87 F235 Hurricane Wilma victim - Miami (SOLD)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: '87 F235 Hurricane Wilma victim - Miami (SOLD) Reply with quote

For Sale, 1987 235 first, fin keel, it was dismasted by hurricane Wilma. She has some abrasions (gell goat only) on the left front of the boat from the waterline to the toe rail. The left toe rail will need to be replaced as will the stansions, bow and stern pulpit. It will need a new mast and rigging.

The boat has a large inventory of very nice sails, the boom, spinaker pole, auto pilot, radio and much more.

The trailer is in good shape, new tires. The boat is Miami on the trailer and is ready for transport.

$3,800. as is. Please call 419-344-3391
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually this would be the perfect boat for Jake, he could forgo the toerail replacement & just roll finish the hull deck joint, order up a new dual spreader carbon mast.

I would like to hear more about this boat with a inventory list of sails & some pictures.

The trailer & keel are worth more than $3800
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Gary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Hurrican Wilma Victim Reply with quote

There are (2) full sets of sails, 1 are the old ones, the ones I always used because I wanted to save the newer ones. I will will just discuss the excellent sails, an almost new main with rope, (not cars), a very nice 1,2 & 3, an ok Spinaker (I never flew it).

I would be glad to send you pictures of before and after, email me @ skyyking@prodigy.net and I'll forward them to you. I don't know how to post them here on this forum, technically impaired.

Also very import to note this boat spent the last 11 years in Michigan, I moved it here for the winter. I left Michigan to get out of the bad weather. Point is the boat was in good shape.

I bought a new Beneteau 323 and take delivery this week and the insurance just settled with me. I would like it off the yacht club as soon as possible. The motor, a new 4 hp merc. is optional ($750.) with maybe 5 hours on it.

This is truly a blow out price, I've heard of people paying that much for a trailer.

Thanks for your inquiry.
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Send me the pics. I'll help you sell her.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets go, get the pics up.....
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, that would be a great project boat for us, or someone I know who is looking. I'll pass on the word. However... If you are willing to part out, I'd love to make an offer on the trailer and some of the newer sails. The trailer. Would you be willing to part with the trailer if you found someone to take the boat without it? I either need to find one, or have one made, but I have got to have one. Where is the boat in Miami? Can I come see it? When? Is their a Pi r2 in our future?
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Trailer Reply with quote

Sounds like PI will be travelling. Planning on campaigning her?
Liberty Edition #22 Hull #299
Wing Keel
Hull Identification Number: BEY1A299J889
Gary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat is at the Miami Yacht Club on the trailer. I would just like to move it as soon as possible. I don't know how to post the pictures on this forum, if someone could tell me I'd be glad.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
The boat is at the Miami Yacht Club on the trailer. I would just like to move it as soon as possible. I don't know how to post the pictures on this forum, if someone could tell me I'd be glad.

ask Kelly he said he was going to post them, not sure what the problem is?

if you go to www.tinypic.com you can post them for free.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hell yes! In any regatta or race that will let us compete. We are planning our vacation this year around Abacos Race Week. Our biggest let down so far is that we can't compete in the Ft. Lauderdale to Key West Race because we have to be a minimum of 25 feet overall to qualify. Can some one say "bowsprite" for next year? We are trying to raced at every opportunity we can afford.
Besides, without a trailer it would be hard to get her up north to beat the pants off Jon.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:

Gary sent these to me. I didn't get a pic of the trailer. If he sends me trailer pics, I'll add them here.

(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Blown Away
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake wrote:
Quote:

Hell yes! In any regatta or race that will let us compete. We are planning our vacation this year around Abacos Race Week. Our biggest let down so far is that we can't compete in the Ft. Lauderdale to Key West Race because we have to be a minimum of 25 feet overall to qualify. Can some one say "bowsprite" for next year? We are trying to raced at every opportunity we can afford.
Besides, without a trailer it would be hard to get her up north to beat the pants off Jon.

The most popular race here from Galveston to Port Aransas has a similar restriction. For ours the boat must be at least 27' to register. Too bad because I think the 235 could do well in the race.
Hull# 50
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: listed on ebay Reply with quote

I thought I 'd let you know that I posted it on Ebay for auction. Thanks for your interest.
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: listed on ebay Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
I thought I 'd let you know that I posted it on Ebay for auction. Thanks for your interest.

Please post on this forum a link to the eBay auction - I couldn't find the auction. I'm sure many will be interested to see what she ges for (and to whom!).
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: listed on ebay Reply with quote

Gary wrote:

what did you post on ebay? the only thing that comes up on a search is a mainsail from a sunken boat that i think has been mentioned before as not really being a f235 sail.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
wgnorth
Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-Beneteau-235-First-Hurrican-damage-w-trailer_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63730QQitemZ4599082973QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Trailer is a single axle setup with pads for the keel. Someone is going to get a good deal.
1992 Fin #424
s/v Pretty Baby
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quote from ebay:

Quote:
Q: How is interior? Trailer Ok to transport boat a 'distance'? Say Ohio??? Thanks and sorry for your loss.
Dec-21-05

A: The trailer has brand new tires including a new spare, and was fully serviced when I had it brought down from Toledo, OH this summer. It needs a good cleaning and coat of paint. As with anything that has sat for the last 3 months I'd check the tire pressure and lube the bearings. The interior on the boat fair, that isn't a cause of the hurricane. The Beneteau 235 in that vintage has had probelms with the headliner, it's very common. I bought some small stainless screws with washers and tacked it up. I don't want to misrepresent anything here, as I've told others the trailer and the sails are easily worth $3000. alone. If you want to learn more of the Beneteau 235 first there is a forum http://www.beneteau235.com/links.htm you can actually see my ad there on boats for sale and discuss the repairs with people who are familiar with that very popular model. Also this boat is a fin keel, it is a very nice sailing boat that easily outsails the shoal draft models and it only draw something like 3.5' I appreciate your kind words regarding the loss. Thanks for your inquiry.

Quote from here:
Quote:
Also very import to note this boat spent the last 11 years in Michigan, I moved it here for the winter. I left Michigan to get out of the bad weather. Point is the boat was in good shape.

doesn't really matter, but I am a stickler for the truth.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just because it spent 11 years in michigan doesnt mean it couldn't have been in ohio lately :) lol
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
just because it spent 11 years in michigan doesnt mean it couldn't have been in ohio lately :) lol

I think you are missing the point.......:) lol
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol the point being that you see the opportunity to start some shit flying :) ive seen how you work :) lol you just find something that can be commented on or taken more than one way and then drop a little lets get it started comment... and then see what happens :) I can just see you now.... cackling in glee, a manic light in your eyes reflected from your monitor..... as you stir the pot to see what will bubble forth :)

hheheeehheheh
damn did I just call the loon a witch?

hmmmm... well i guess its a pc age.. guys can be witches to... or you can sue the witches association for discrimination..

ok.... i need to go find something to do. lol... I have way to much time on my hands if im now starting shit... :) lol

merry christmass jon :) EG
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
lol the point being that you see the opportunity to start some shit flying :) ive seen how you work :) lol you just find something that can be commented on or taken more than one way and then drop a little lets get it started comment... and then see what happens :) I can just see you now.... cackling in glee, a manic light in your eyes reflected from your monitor..... as you stir the pot to see what will bubble forth :)

hheheeehheheh
damn did I just call the loon a witch?

hmmmm... well i guess its a pc age.. guys can be witches to... or you can sue the witches association for discrimination..

ok.... i need to go find something to do. lol... I have way to much time on my hands if im now starting shit... :) lol

merry christmass jon :) EG

LOL would you like me to send some of my brothers down there? I can have someone there in a few hours, just say the word!

Merry xmas to you!!

oh and watch your mouth we don't like to use bad words here.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defense of the owner of the boat, there is a way that both parts of the story can indeed be true. I'm sure he will weigh in here on the matter. The answer is probably just more details on how both states can exist in the mix.

I've had a few emails in my box regarding the worth of this F235. A lot depending on what can be salvaged and if you can do your own work. For sure, the initial price will come in well below the average cost of a used F235. Getting a trailer in the mix is a definite plus. Of course, there is always a rub, and as par for the course for such projects, it's very easy to have the costs and time escalate into a figure that would equal finding a used F235 with minimal work. On the other hand, if one has connections and takes the time to price out the exact parts needed and his/her labor involved, it could come in at some significant savings. Plopping the boat at a boat yard with no "inside" connections and asking for it to be brought to "cherry" would result in a bill that might horrify.

Factor in the mast (plus or minus parts from the old), standing rigging, toe rail, bow pulpit, port stern pushpit, glass work, touch up painting, stanchions, etc. As was mentioned by another members, some custom shops might be able to beat the prices on the railing work. I would go ahead and make a four legged pulpit if starting from scratch, this to allow a better furling option.

The parts alone are somewhere in the figure below, plus or minus some additions, this from a basic observation from afar.

- Z-190 Mast: $1308.00 w/everything less standing rigging and halyards (US Spars)
- Standing Rigging: @$300-330 (Secosouth)
- stanchion: 48.78 x 2-3
- chainplate forestay: 40.66
- Bow Rail: 426.08
- Stern Rail: 610.33
- Fairlead Moor: 64.85
- Toe Rail: 648.79
- Lifelines - @$150
- Glass/epoxy/resin - depends
- Paint - Depends on choices
- all the othe junk that pops up -????

@ $3700-4200 plus shipping in parts if bought from stock sources, this without any labor included.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good info! good post.

the point I was trying to make would be that misinformation from the seller would equate to barganing chips if a deal was going down other than ebay.

even with the price of parts needed I am sure someone is going to get a deal,
If that person is able to do the work themselves that would be better.
That will equal a owner who loves thier boat!

hope someone around here gets it.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Michigan vs Ohio Reply with quote

Ok, you got me there, but I can explain it. My slip is in Lassalle, MI at the Toledo Beach marine, 7 miles across the border from Toledo, OH. When someone asks me where I'm from I always say Toledo because it's easier than explaning I'm 7 miles north of Michigan at the Toledo Beach Marina in Lassalle, MI.

I did go through Toledo, OH on it's way down to Florida, I think I've got that state right. Phew. Any other questions?

Thanks for your support in this I just need to move the boat from the club, it's loaded on the trailer ready to go.

Merry Christmas
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: The boat is sold Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest. Happy Holidays
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: