Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

89 F235 Wing - Mission Viejo, California - SOLD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: 89 F235 Wing - Mission Viejo, California - SOLD Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beneteau-Sailboat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63730QQitemZ4567384323QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Says this is a liberty boat-- Is that correct? Also says is wing keel, thought liberty ways a fin keel, also does not have the liberty emblem on the side---Your opinion- is Liberty Edition?
mquigley
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only differences between a liberty and non-liberty are some decals, a mainsail cover and a little brass plaque.

Does it really matter?
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I wouldnt get too fired up about the Liberty Edition. It's just some more graphics you have to remove...heh. Seriously, as stated, it's pretty much superficial. If a great boat arrives that is in good condition for a reasonable price, it's the first thing to consider, Liberty or not. The biggest single differences besides condition are the keel choice and whether a trailer is included or not. The late edition boats also lose some of the options of the earlier models to save some ducats ie nav station & cockpit manual bilge pump etc. Self tailing winches and spinnaker package are also things to look for. The early F235 aslo have a different mast base. Otherwise, the F235 are more alike than not.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Boat on ebay-- Reply with quote

mccalack wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beneteau-Sailboat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63730QQitemZ4567384323QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Says this is a liberty boat-- Is that correct? Also says is wing keel, thought liberty ways a fin keel, also does not have the liberty emblem on the side---Your opinion- is Liberty Edition?
If you look closely at the side-on pic, you can just make out the Liberty decal. I don't think they were any more than a marketing strategy. I haven't heard of a single (useful) feature that distinguished them from others in the same age band.
Did you see the write-up ( http://beneteau235.com/f235_database_info.htm )?
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Ash Ashbaugh
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Hoochie Coochie Reply with quote

Hey Dan,

I appreciate the confirming info on the Sacto boat. I see you have placed a bid on this one in MV. I too am interested and have asked to see the boat. I can report to you on what it is like. You get first dibs and I will not bid against you if you really want the boat... just want to crew on the transport from LA to SF if you get it!

I need one with a trailer so I can sail both NoCal and SoCal , and have it hard up for slippery race mods... so I might still be interested in the Sacto fin Keel at the right price. The work and mods are within my skill range.

Also... If I get the Sacto fin keel boat, we might fix up (weld) that goofy trailer and use (adapt) it for either boat in a pinch?

If not the Sacto or MV boat, I will probably haul one back from East of the Sierras.

Keep current.
Ash Ashbaugh
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: ebay Reply with quote

But........ if you steal it for 4K I will be wailing and gnashing teeth!
danknoxsf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Sacramento and Dana Point Boats Reply with quote

Hi Ash--

I think something about $5K would be good for the boat in Sacramento but I think the buyer is not going to sell at anything less than $10K. Still why don't you offer him $5K and see what happens. If you are willing to spend the time working on this boat I am sure you can turn it into something you will be happy with. I just can't afford the time.

I got an email from the owner of the current boat on eBay and he said the boat was in "good" condition. I asked him a lot of questions and his responses were all "in-line" with reality so I tend to believe him. He even said the headliner was "OK" which on these boats is not something that holds up. I am not a big fan on buying a boat without looking at it and going for a sail but I have put a bid on eBay of $3500 so the seller can see that I am interested. The earliest I can go to SoCal would be Tuesday or Wednesday of next week and by the time the auction will have ended. Anyway I have send the seller another email telling him this and I guess we will see what happens.

As for sailing the boat from SoCal to SF . . . of course I am for it! But that's a long way to go in a Beneteau F235! Probably would be better to truck it but hey I need a vacation anyway and that would be quite a shake down cruse!

If something nutty happens and you do get the boat in Sacramento I would be happy to drive up and help you secure it as best we can on the trailer for the trip home where hopefully after a few months you will turn it from an ugly ducking into a beautiful swan err Beneteau.

--Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: