Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My boat is on ebay - SOLD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangiboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Blacksheep Reply with quote

Firstly, his deposit is not a transfer of ownership, it is only a goodwill gesture that he will buy the boat. However, at the moment YOU OWN THE BOAT, and if anything happens to the boat that is your problem.

I think, to be VERY fair, you need to give him a chance to pay the balance within a specified period of time - say 2 weeks. You delivered the boat FOB and shipping etc is his problem. After 2 weeks, return the deposit less the expenses you have incurred and detail why you have deducted them. I would include the slip fees in those costs from a date a couple of weeks after the boat was sold on ebay.

I wouldn't be surprised if you letter of intent go things moving on his end.

If you end up deciding to place the boat back on the market, please be sure to let me know (wangiboy@netscape.net). Any photos would be greatly appreciated.

A.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more weeks? are you nuts? he has already given the dope 6 weeks!

screw that! put the boat back up for sale. oh yeah, keep the deposit too.

or even better, Jon keep the boat & use the grand for upgrades........heh
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Michael Garman
First Mate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Keep the boat Reply with quote

We know you didn't want to sell anyway. If you want to be nice, send the deposit back and keep the boat.
Liberty Edition #22 Hull #299
Wing Keel
Hull Identification Number: BEY1A299J889
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I bet I would not be able to get a dock at the club. When I was looking, there were 11 people inline to RENT a dock. With only 2 docks going to be rented. That is one reason I was going to buy my dock, then there would only be 1 for rent. I would bet the boat they are gone!

I will check????????
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the deal, I just e-mailed Dirk gave him one week from today to pay me in full. If I am not, I am going to put the boat back on the market. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! Word is out.

I feel like I have done every to help. I am done.............
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, just to put some things into the right ligtht...do you say so??
Firstly Blacksheep Jon didnt ask me once for full payment till now.
I transferred the deposit imediatedly on his request
I asked him two or three times to figure out a suitable trailer ad tell me its price so I would transfer the money to him to buy it. he just gave me links.
I told him I was fired and had to look for a new job, som thinhs were abit delayed. I told him I currently dont have continous internet access and have to travel 20 miles to internet cafe.
never mind, if it is up to me, the boat is free to the market again.

Best regards & thx for all the supprt and input
Dirk
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to get in a he said this I said that, IF YOU WANT THE BOAT PAY FOR IT! It is simple if you don't pay for the boat by Friday the boat is back on the market, and you have lost your deposit!

I think it is a little much asking me to buy a trailer for you when you have not paid for the boat. I think that is about the craziest thing I have ever been asked in my life.

I am man of my word you have till Friday, I hope you pay for the boat and you figure out shipping. Good luck! I want you too have the boat, I hope you get this done. If you pay for the boat you can leave it where it is till the end of the season, I would not be able to rent it out at this point.
That would give you till OCT. to figure out shipping.

I am not going to send you links for transport or anything to do with transport what so ever. You are on your own.

GOOD LUCK! I mean that.

jon
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon
you havent asked me for full payment until 2 days ago. I thought it would be fair to pay full when I have some receipt of the shipping company in Baltimore that the ship is there. You will understand that I was not very much interested in paying 5.500.- when I just have seen some photos and dont know the seller.... deposit is thought for just this pupose. We call this kind of deal "track by track (??) - zug um zug"

I really didnt ask you to buy a trailer but just to figure one out and tell me the modell and price Then I would have transferred you the money so you could have bought it- no risk at all for you.

Jon, you say you will keep the deposit: if we really wont get this deal done, I hope you will be fair enough to send the money back.

Regards
Dirk
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk,
Call Andrews Trucking in Ontario like I said before, they may even help you get a trailer the numbers have been given to you already.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk,

Everytime I e-mailed you which was at least 20 times I asked when you were going to pay the balance on the boat. I can cut and paste them to this forum but I know that is not needed.
Like I said if the boat is not paid in full on or before Friday you will lose your deposit and the boat is back on the market.

Everytime I sent you a link it was for transport or for a trailer. With the work I have done for you, I could have had that boat shipped around the world three times over.

It takes work on your part to get this over their, in my e-bay ad it does not say a word about me helping with shipping what so ever. I did not expect anyone to help me when I bought the boat. I figured it out all by myself with some help from new friends. I have helped you enough and it is going over looked, that is why I am done helping you. I deserve a thanks for all the work I have done for you. I don't even get that.

I hope you pay me and the boat gets to you safe and sound. You have till Friday to pay the boat off in full, if the balance is not paid you have lost your deposit. I wish you the best of luck! Pay for the boat and you can keep it in my dock till Oct.

You buying the boat has cost me the entire season as well as my dock fees. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR DEPOSIT BACK! please pay for the boat and follow through with what you started. I ALWAYS DO!

jon
BLACKSHEEP
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Dirk,
Call Andrews Trucking in Ontario like I said before, they may even help you get a trailer the numbers have been given to you already.

I have talked to them 3 times they have been waiting for his call, it just takes some work on his end.
jon
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLACKSHEEP wrote:
Jon wrote:
Dirk,

I have talked to them 3 times they have been waiting for his call, it just takes some work on his end.
jon

Just one phone call to them would be needed, they are the best.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon, thanks for the link to Andrews, I had talked to them several days ago, they told me a really unacceptable price for the transport to Baltimore. Jon Blacksheep said he would take the boat to Baltimore - thank you!! really appreciate it! really have expressed my thankfulness(?) several times.
Only thing was getting a trailer for the boat... and I was asking Jon Blacksheep to help me with this, figure a suitable out, which is easier if you know the boat, tell the price, wait for the money, buy the trailer.
I have an offer for the shipping from Ricardo of ATI USA INc on the phone, just waiting for confirmation via email. Not a single reason why the deal should break. But again, please understand I would have also felt more comfortable if I had a confirmaition from the shipping company yes the boat is there. Ok, lets get trailer! what about Road King; are they in Ohio?
I will transfer the rest of the purchase price to Jon Blacksheep and put my trust in him.

Best regards
Dirk
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

single axle Cradle Ride out of Canada about $3300 US
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
longreach

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yachtsales.com/trailers/mcs/custom.html

Halfway down the page is a made to order 235 trailer.

Company is located in Toronto, home page:
http://www.yachtsales.com/trailers/mcs/index2.html
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not much trailer for $3300 if that is the same one... Not so sure about ole Cradle Ride. This seems pretty minimal and wouldnt be too easy to retrieve ye olde F235 at the ramp. I think there are some better options for the money.

kh
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
That's not much trailer for $3300 if that is the same one... Not so sure about ole Cradle Ride. This seems pretty minimal and wouldnt be too easy to retrieve ye olde F235 at the ramp. I think there are some better options for the money.

Thats a great trailer! look close....tounge extention & surge brakes.
It is also very well built, axle rating is 3800lbs.

those trailers are all over this area, I know first hand that they are good.
The only draw back for me would be the single axle would limit the amount of travel that I would do.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awful lot of traffic on trailers. maybe we need a group buy. i could use one, but i'd rather a double axle. i wonder if manufacturors would cut a deal for several of them at a time.
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
abstrait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Thats a great trailer! look close....tounge extention & surge brakes. It is also very well built, axle rating is 3800lbs.

That could have a $100 tongue extension and surge brakes... but the design is weak for the F235. Four bunks.... no keel guides.... a simple carpeted square for keel with no delineation for keel or keel stop... the front post is too short. All in all, this is a pretty mediocre design if looking for CUSTOM for the F235. I sure wouldnt want to use this from a ramp too often. There are more than a few great F235 trailers out there to emulate. In my opinion, this is not one of them. The company might be good as you say so cant speak on that end.

kh
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Daryl posts pics of the new trailer he's having made right now - sounds very well-designed ... heh - his trailer builder is using mine as his model (heh, heh, heh). He tells me it'll cost $3K. Like mine, I expect it'll have 6 bunks, extension tongue, surge brakes, and double axles, and bow post. Knowing Daryl, it'll probably have a few nice extras too. I gather it'll be done in another week or two.
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
Daryl
Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Group Buy Reply with quote

Mike and all interested . . .

Neil's a bit optimistic on the time line, but I am having a trailer built. It' a copy of Neil's, six screw pads, tandem axle, but with torsion bar suspension, surge brakes, nominal 3 ton capacity. I will try to get some pics of this guy's shop this weekend when I pick up Neil's rig. I'm very impressed with the equipment, organization and cleanliness of the operation.

Following are some links that have colored my judgment on the matter:

http://www.yachtworld.com/spurgeons/spurgeons_2.html (Model J24 near the top)
http://www.angelfire.com/tn/santana525/trailers.html
http://www.customsailboattrailers.com/customsailboatrailers2.html
These (and Neil's trailer, of course) are the kind of thing I'm after.

I've mentioned to Ray, official good ole boy and backwoods welder, that the possibility exists to sell some more of these puppies. His comment at the time was "well, I've agreed to build one . . . I may find out I'm not dumb enough to do it again" I'm fairly certain though that given deposits for several he'll find it attractive to build some jigs and start melting steel. Ray has built quite a few trailers, but primarily for the bassboat and pontoon crowd. But I'm not asking him for design work, just solid construction.

Neil, in his enviable Kiwi enthusiasm, has sorta let the cat out of the bag a bit prematurely. There are a number of roadblocks. This beast has to pass my quality control judgment before I'll endorse it to the group. That includes me dragging it a couple hundred miles at freeway speeds, something my time constraints dictate may take a while. I suspect production will not be fast. Price is fluid in that Ray is buying parts in small quantity, he was frankly embarrassed at what he had to charge me for the surge brake mechanism. His hard pencil price came in a thousand bucks over the verbal estimate. Finally, trust me on this, Missouri is a hell of a long way away from most of you dear readers.

If all does work out well, it will be a good buy, equal to the Wesco in all respects and probably competive with marquees like Triad. But I'm not there yet. Progress reports will follow.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abstrait wrote:
Jon wrote:
Thats a great trailer! look close....tounge extention & surge brakes. It is also very well built, axle rating is 3800lbs.

That could have a $100 tongue extension and surge brakes... but the design is weak for the F235. Four bunks.... no keel guides.... a simple carpeted square for keel with no delineation for keel or keel stop... the front post is too short. All in all, this is a pretty mediocre design if looking for CUSTOM for the F235. I sure wouldnt want to use this from a ramp too often. There are more than a few great F235 trailers out there to emulate. In my opinion, this is not one of them. The company might be good as you say so cant speak on that end.

kh

again wadda ya think ya got here? it's a 2300lb boat! if your going to fill it up with water before you tow you just might need 6 pads beating against the hull.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
abstrait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
again wadda ya think ya got here? it's a 2300lb boat! if your going to fill it up with water before you tow you just might need 6 pads beating against the hull.

Freak... If this boat is much under 3000, I'll give you my EL-34 amp! heh... The wk version purportedly weighs in more in the neighborhood of 2900 ...my guess is the beast, after all is said and done, weigh over 3k.

Still, six is better than four although I tend to agree that four is doable. I had mine on a four pad trailer for almost a year. The keel support takes a nice bit of the weight.

I am putting together a NEW trailer page as the old one on the site is pretty lame. Going to have some dimensions and pics of what I think are the best trailers along with just about everything in between.

kh
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

make sure you glass in another bulkhead for pads 5 & 6! freak!

I can see it now!

HOLSTER's Trailer Trash!
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY

Last edited by Jon on Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
abstrait

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
make sure you glass in another bulkhead for pads 5 & 6! freak!

Actually, if launching the boat a lot, and you have ye olde wing, I think the bunks are really the way to go. They just suck when you have to do bottom work and those ideal wing F235 trailers that are low mean sore backs and cursing under breath come bottom time. That beast with the open back is cool.

kh
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: