Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solaris - 1988 Beneteau 285 for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 285 For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Solaris - 1988 Beneteau 285 for Sale Reply with quote

Living inland 2 1/2 hours has brought me to the unfortunate conclusion that I must take a break from sailing for the time being. Therefore, I am listing Solaris for sale. This is the first place I am listing in case any forum members are interested. Solaris is a beautiful 1988 Beneteau 285 that I have given special attention to over the past few years. Her helm is perfectly balanced and she holds course with the lightest touch. I will add more details soon although I think the photo's speak for themselves.
Some highlights from the past couple years include - New Winter Cover, New Bimini with SS frame, New Prop & Shaft, New AGM Battery Bank & Charger
that Kicks Ass, Propane Gas Detector and Alarm, New Custom Interior Upholstery, New Cockpit Table, Binocular & Drink Holder, New Harken Furler,
New Harken Lazy Jacks, Sails recently cleaned and repaired, New Tacktick Wind Instrument, Fresh Bottom Paint, Fresh Compound and Wax, All New Custom Cut Teak sealed with Bristol Finish, Custom Lexan Companionway....
The list goes on and I will update soon. Solaris is on the hard in Norwalk, Ct.
for inspection. All photos are very recent. She is ready to be splashed and sailed. Possible use of my mooring in Westport, CT for the rest of the season.
$25,900
Serious parties please let me know if you have any questions.
Click Link for Photo's:
http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/macroule/library/Solaris%20-%20Beneteau%20285%20for%20Sale
Solaris - 1988 F285 WK, Hull#95
(Fin Noir - 1987 F235 Fin, Hull#022, my Ex.)
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24 Photo's are unlocked and viewable now.
sparrow
Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Solaris looks great! You have done some good work on her. Are you sure you want to sell? I have come to the conclusion, having sold three boats previously, that it is better to put the boat on a trailer and store rather than sell and have to start all over again with the next boat - the refit routine is getting old. I figure after all the effort I'm having to put in to Esther, that should I ever be in a similar situation as you are now, she'll go on a trailer in the back yard before I sell her; that way I can continue to build on what has been done.

Speaking of the refit routine, the rain is driving me NUTS! We had planned months ago for this to be boat week while Sonja and the girls are in Michigan and I'm off work. I was ready to make some serious progress but have been frustrated in my efforts by the rain, and working inside is HOT. Looks like it will start to clear by late Wednesday so maybe I can make some progress Thursday.

Anyway, good luck with the sale, I think the price you have listed is a good one considering what you have invested. Take care.

Dave
Owner, Sparrow III (First 235, Hull #428, Wing Keel)
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave. That is an interesting idea. The rain and crazy weather has made it a difficult year to squeeze in projects. Hope you get your 285 in the water this season. Being more South I think you have a few more weeks to work with than we do.

Best,

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 285 For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: