Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

back to sailing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: back to sailing Reply with quote

After a few years of houseboating/ski-fish boat/jet-ski my kids have all moved out of the house. We have bought a Y-flyer to race in the local fleet. Looking for a keel boat. Anyone with a 235 wanting to sell at a good price, I may be interested. Am in Central Arkansas, so it will need to have a trailer.
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in SC on the coast.. Sea Puppy is sorta for sale..lol... I keep saying that but haven't put much effort into trying to sell her as I don't really want to get rid of her. However for the right offer I would sell her as our 38ft boat is always hungry for something else that costs money.

I posted this a few years ago in a PM to someone for details on her. I have adjusted a couple things in it for time related stuff :) She has sat on the hard for 4 years now and other than needing to be washed on the outside and the teak redone hasn't degraded any. She is nice and dry inside. I jump on her every few months or so to make sure she isn't leaking in the rain or any obvious issues happening.

below is the old PM i sent someone.

Sails
roller furling with one jib in good shape.
If you don't use the roller furling there are a couple jibs but they are in poor shape.

3 main sails.
standard dacron in good shape. 2 reef points
mylar racing main with full length battens that is in usable but poor shape. 2 reefing points. This is the sail I have been using this year. In a couple areas the mylar is delaminating. it hasn't affected sail shape at all and I really like using this sail. However it probably only has a couple seasons left in it.
3rd main sail is a carbon fiber kevlar composite sail in good shape with large roach. This sail is a monster and I love sailing with it. I don't use it much as it only has one reef point in it and I like to have more reefing ability that that. Just my personal quirk.
1 symmetrical spinnaker that I have used maybe 3 or 4 times.

There are three sets of jib tracks on the boat. the stock and then two more sets on the sides of the cabin and on the forward cabin face.
Harken 6 sheeve organizers on each side.
adjustable babystay.
6:1 backstay adjuster
4:1 adjustable babystay. Instant on or off for the babystay so that in light wind you can remove it.
4:1 boom vang

all lines lead to cockpit.
to aft cabin edge are
topping lift
main halyard
Jib halyard
main sail outhaul
spinnaker halyard
2 reefing lines
Cunningham line
pole lift and pole downhaul

The furling line for the roller furler comes down the port toerail and has a integrated block/cam cleat setup that it terminates at. You can let the jib out or reef it in less than 30 seconds.

Winches: there are two winches on the cabin top and 2 ST16's for the jib sheets

Upgrades to the boat other than the sailing rig stuff above are

Opening aluminum lewmar port in aft cabin. it is located in the port side of the cockpit footwell.
1/2 inch thick Acrylic hatch boards.
custom hatchboard holder just inside the companionway. You can put them in and out of the holder from inside the cabin or from the cockpit.

navigation and electronics
contest 101 compass
Depth sounder
knot meter

garmin gps/sounder/fishfinder unit. The garmin sounder and the above depth sounder are redundant units. You only run one of them at the time. if one goes out you can turn the other one on.

Simrad TP32 Autopilot. This is the largest tiller pilot made. it is 3 times larger than this size boat calls for. I got it because it has the ability to follow a route on the gps as well as sail to wind if you installed a wind instrument. It is already tied into the gps. It also has a remote control that can reach anywhere on the boat.

Uniden 525UM DSC VHF radio with antenna up the mast that is already integrated into the gps unit. If you had to hit the distress on it, it would send your gps coordinates with the distress signal. You can register the radio in your name and change the mmsi number in the unit. The antenna is at the mast head and the wires go to quick disconnects on the deck forward of the mast for both the vhf and the masthead lights.

Electrical system
The battery bank is wired for two battery's. . The batteries are located under the port settee. Moved from the stock location to balance the boat. Not to mention that it gives you easy access to everything. There are currently no batteries installed.
There is the stock circuit panel and a second circuit panel to handle all the extra electrical and electronic equipment.
There is also a 1/2/all/offswitch under the chart table for the main power.
2 solar panels with sunsei charge controller one .4 amp solar panel and one 1.2 amp solar panel.
Brand new battery management system that will tell you amps in and amps out, bank voltage, state of charge, battery temp, built in alerts for error conditions for the batterys. Plus more.
1000 watt inverter. You can run most small power tools from this as well as computers, cell phone chargers etc...

AM/FM/CD/MP3 radio/ also reads usb thumb drives and sd cards. Has a line in port. Wireless remote for stereo. Marine sony? speakers in the cockpit and two speakers in the cabin on the forward bulkhead.

all lights inside boat are LED. There are also red led lights in the galley and chart table/head areas for at night if you don't want to mess with your night vision.

anchor light and running lights are all LED.

There are two installed fans inside the boat. One in cabin on starboard and one in the aft cabin. There is also a LED light in aft cabin.

Access ports have been installed under chart table to access hidden compartment and in bulkhead over chart table to access wiring there.

Galley.
stock galley other than double stainless sinks. custom cloth utensil holder for forks/knives/spatulas etc... Still has origo 2 burner stove. in excellent shape. we used it all the time.
new hoses and fresh water bladder as of 3 or 4 years ago
Installed hose and fawcet for sea water intake but didn't install a pump for it yet. Line is run though.

2 anchors with chain and line.
2 maybe more PFD
1 fire extinguisher mounted under companionway steps.

Holding tank was removed cleaned and reinstalled this summer. Head was replaced with brand new jabsco head that has the new locking feature. No matter what it will never backflow into the head. This was done a few years ago but hasn't been used other than than a few weeks that summer it was installed

Trailer is 2 wheel steel painted trailer. very little corrosion. There is some but not a lot. It has bunk boards aft and two adjustable tripods forward to support the boat. The trailer is built like a tank and is a quality unit. It is very easy to get the boat on and off of. It also has about a 9 foot extending tongue. for an extra $300 I have a second axle that you could retrofit to it for a dual axle setup. It is a hydraulic brake axle and has three tires and rims with it.

Engine is a tohatsu 4stroke 6hp ultra long shaft outboard 25" shaft with alternator. I have it wired into the charging circuit so when running it charges the batteries. I have the ultra high thrust 5.99 pitch prop for the engine and it produces a massive amount of start and stop power. I had thought that it was not producing great top speed but on my last couple of trips I have hit as high as 6.1 knots over the water speed according to the knotmeter. It just sips fuel.. the 6 gallon tank will take you almost 50 miles. My problem has been remembering to fill the tank once it gets low. You start to forget you have to.

The engine mount is Custom made of IPE wood. Which is denser and harder than teak and weathers exactly the same as teak.

Ok that is all the good stuff.

Bad stuff. The headliner is down and out of the boat. About half of the interior covered by the headliner has been sanded and painted. It looks very nice. The other half is still waiting on sanding and painting. The interior trim is also needing to be re-varnished in areas.

The cushions in the boat are showing hard wear. Good news is that I have a entire second set of stock cushions that are in good shape that you get as well. So you get two sets of cushions.

Stainless lifelines were showing corrosion the beginning of the summer so I removed them and used Dacron line in their place. I have some but not all the fittings to replace the stainless lines you could have. I also have a spare stanchion base
last and worst is that the base of the bulkhead under the companionway has some rot in it.. The original owner let water sit there for an extended period of time. there is an area about 18 inches long by 4 to 6 inches high that needs to be cut out and a new piece of plywood scarfed in. We have sailed the boat like it is for a long time and it isn't affecting the integrity of the boat but it should be fixed.

I am as she sits asking 10,000 for her. Once I fix the bulkhead and finish sanding and painting where the headliner was in the second half of the boat it will be 12,500.

She is cosmetically showing some age and needs some tlc here and there as describe above. However she is head and shoulders above any other 235 in the world for installed systems and extras and all of it works. I have spent between 7 and 8 grand on her in the last few years.

I will also sell her for 8,500 with these things removed the gps chartplotter, autopilot and autopilot remote, , battery management system, solar panels, charge controller, 1000 watt inverter, DSC radio.
To put all that back in the boat though would cost about 4000 dollars so it is a great deal.

we hate selling her but we just bought a Downeaster 38 cruising sail boat and would like some extra money to spend on fixing her up. I just about cried taking sea puppy out of the water for the last time this past thursday.

Your welcome to come take a look at her, she is a great boat and would take on all sorts of adventures.
give me a call at 843-465-6555
Scott Carle
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
jackdaw
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the BEST sailing we're ever done has been in Arkansas. Lake Degray rocks.

Woooo PIG!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: