Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1987 First 235 FIN , Hull #76 ~ Pi for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: 1987 First 235 FIN , Hull #76 ~ Pi for Sale Reply with quote

Much as we hate to do it, it's time to move on to other things. We have race optimized Pi to the best of our abilities while still maintaining a degree of weekender comfort. All removed amenities are still intact and going with the boat. This means the stove, table, head, head door, nav. station, etc.
Mast is 2 years old.
Standing rigging is 2 years old.
All running rigging is 2 years old, and all ultra-hitech fibers, stripped and tapered.
Dual backstays to accomodate a fat head main with 65% more surface sq ft than stock.
Removeable bow sprit and oversized spin pole.
All high end deck hardware professionally installed 2 years ago. I mean everything. There is not a piece of factory hardware left on this boat.
2 asym kites, 1symetric kite, pentex racing main and 135% genoa, dacron jib.
2 rudders, 1 shorty and 1 customized.
I do not have a working trailer. I have a trailer frame, and I have custom trailer cradle bunks, molded from the actual hull for a perfect fit.
I have documentation and photographs of all work and modifications done to the boat.
She is due for a yard period and bottom job. We will sell as is for $10k. If get her out of the water and through the yard period, my costs will be transfered to the buyer as well.
This is the most optimized, race ready First 235 on the water.

I'm a bit slammed with the J24 D10 Championships happening in Biscayne Bay this weekend (wish us luck) but I will post a flyer with pics and a list of details after it's over. For additional pics, search the forum or look at the website front page.
This is a bad ass little boat, and we will miss her, but it is time to push the sailing envelope in a different direction.
In the mean time, e-mail me at hellhound1023@yahoo.com for info.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it totally gay if i say i will miss your boat on the forum?
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not totally, but kinda. It doesn't make me very happy either. Hopefully the next Pi-rat crew will be active on here as well.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake knows that his opinion is much appreciated. I hope you'll stick around and stir the pot.

-fro
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...how bout selling some of the sails apart from the boat
???
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would have to replace your rig to run my sails. Mast head kites and fat head main. Only the genoa and blade would fit.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Dirk
I Finally found an F235!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just generally asking. Guess you would get more bucks out of the boat by selling parts.

whats the modification for runing a feat head main?
I have talked to a sailmaker round here and he said for a real fat head you must remove backstay and have spreaders which point more to the backside (hows that called?)

cu
Dirk
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spreader set up on the stock rig is great for it. They have a drastic backsweep already, and they are really long, almost as wide as the boat. I had to remove the backstay and install (2) backstay runners, one to port and one to starboard. We put them each on a 4:1 cascade, and we realease the leeward runner and tension the windward one each time we tack or gybe.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just bought a double axle trailer from the Sailing Center this weekend. It was used to transport a Morgan 27 down here from Annapolis. The kid that owned the boat is going to U of M Med School. He actually thought he would have some free time to go sailing. Well, the short story is that the boat sold to a guy with a mooring in the Bay, and the trailer sold to me.
How does this effect the sale of Pi you ask? Well, she now has a big ol' beefy trailer to travel anywhere in the country to her new home on. It also means that she is going in the backyard instead of living in the water. This also means that all the little nit nat list of crap that needs done will probably happen pre-sale. So the $10K asking price is no longer valid, because there is a fully functional trailer now.
I'm taking offers as is still. The Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show is in October, and I don't image she'll stick around much longer after that.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way to do it Jake, good work.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pi is still on the market, and we are anxious to put her in a new home. Somebody make an offer, please. Times are tough, so this is a good opportunity for someone to get a bad ass little 235 at a good price. We need to move her soon, or i will have to start parting out all her pimped rigging, hardware, and sails.
First reasonable offer and she is gone.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New info for those interested. Pi is located at Marina Mile Yachting Center in Ft. Lauderdale. Bry and I have made our move to North Carolina and the boat is in the hands of Jim Shaw, the broker and manager of the shipyard. His number is 954-258-8293. His email is jshaw@marinerealty.net. Any inquiries for purchase can feel free to contact him. Since we are no longer in the state and cannot use the boat, someone should be able to cut a pretty good deal.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake wrote:
New info for those interested. Pi is located at Marina Mile Yachting Center in Ft. Lauderdale. Bry and I have made our move to North Carolina and the boat is in the hands of Jim Shaw, the broker and manager of the shipyard. His number is 954-258-8293. His email is jshaw@marinerealty.net. Any inquiries for purchase can feel free to contact him. Since we are no longer in the state and cannot use the boat, someone should be able to cut a pretty good deal.

It really surprises me that such a nice boat is being taking so long to sell. The recession is really messing a lot of things up. Florida is a bit of a 235 orphan state, I'd think Pi would have sold long ago on the upper eastern seaboard.

If you drove her up to Toronto I'd bet you'd sell her for the 10 grand you are asking within weeks. A Jeanneau 24 (the homely 235 stepsister) just sold up here and they were asking 14K. To top it off, a buyer up here would not necessarily have to register the sale because this size of boat/motor combination does not require it. Of course all of us Canucks are more than happy to pay our fair share to the government coiffeurs.
88 Fin #111
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had the ways, means, or interest in transporting this boat anywhere, we would not be selling her. -f someone else is, this is a great opportunity. Someone in Toronto should spend the few thousand to come get her and either have agreat boat, or a great opportunity for profit.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake we got a potential buyer for Pi running around here looking for you.. you need to give him a holler :) Unless you've sensibly decided to keep Pi!! :)
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got in touch with the yard.
JDF
Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, do exactly that. Contact the yard as Jake and Bry are out and about ...............
87 fin #64
Lake Michigan @ Chicago
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: New Home For Pi!! Reply with quote

Well its not final yet and I havn't said much because I don't want to jinx myself but it looks like Pi may have a new home in Charleston SC!! What a sweet little boat! I can't wait to get her out on the water. I may even get to do the last couple of Wed night races before the summer series is over. Looks like JAM there's about 16 boats registered with 8-10 racing. Theres only a few boats with higher ratings non-spin so it's nice to know we won't get corrected over much. They gave me a rating of 189 and 196. When I move up to spin theres 14 boats in the class, 12 J-24s a colgate 26 and a J-30, I'll have the highest rating. I hope with all the power in her main I'll have an advantage on the choppy days. Hopefully no more than a week or two in the yard then splash her. I also plan do do a fair amount of overnighting and cruising around here. Charleston has some great secluded anchorages.

On a side note if I ever by another boat on this side of Mexico again I'm sailing her home or buying a trailer and pulling her myself. Overland transport is expensive and a huge headache. I've delivered a few boats and raced Daytona to Charleston along with some other offsore events, I think it would have definetely have been easier to sail. Overland looks nice on paper but the charges add up quickly. More to come.
Brandon Snider

Last edited by Brandon Snider on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
sailmaster39
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: New Home For Pi!! Reply with quote

Brandon Snider wrote:
Well its not final yet and I havn't said much because I don't want to jinx myself but it looks like Pi may have a new home in Charleston SC!! What a sweet little boat! I can't wait to get her out on the water. I may even get to do the last couple of Wed night races before the summer series is over. Looks like JAM there's about 16 boats registered with 8-10 racing. Theres only a few boats with higher ratings non-spin so it's nice to know we won't get corrected over much. They gave me a rating of 189 and 196. When I move up to spin theres 14 boats in the class, 12 J-24s a colgate 26 and a J-30, I'll have the highest rating. I hope with all the power in her main I'll have an advantage on the choppy days. Hopefully no more than a week or two in the yard then splash her.

On a side note if I ever by another boat on this side of Mexico again I'm sailing her home or buying a trailer and pulling her myself. Overland transport is expensive and a huge headache. I've delivered a few boats and raced Daytona to Charleston along with some other offsore events, I think it would have definetely have been easier to sail. Overland looks nice on paper but the charges add up quickly. More to come.Brandon Snider

Congrats Brandon,
Pi sounds like an awesome F235 from reading all the posts.I just bought #213, 1988,wk and already passing larger boats on the water and I`m just getting to know this boat.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Pi is here!!! Reply with quote

Pi just arrived yesterday!!! Well thats what the trucker who I met at the strip club in order to pay him said. I had to work a 12 so I couldn't meet him at the yard to pay him and see the boat, so I just met him after work. I went to try to see the boat but the yard was all locked up and I couldn't see her. Stephanie's joke is she thinks he dropped the boat behind the gas station, went and blew the money for some strippers then loaded her up and took her away to sell her for some more dough. I didn't think that was very funny.
john_bren
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least its a good story you'll remember for awhile!

The only fun part on my delivery is the dude looked like Santa Claus; a heck of alot like Santa Claus.
Solomons Island MD
Mid Chesapeake Bay
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Pi made it!! Reply with quote

What a sexy boat!!!![/img]
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, yes she is.
88 Fin #111
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOWZA!!
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!!!
we look forward to seeing you guys on the water this coming week when we come down to Charleston for our honeymoon!

I just bottom painted sea puppy today.. at least the hull.. still have the keel for tomorrow.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: