Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Traveller is for sale (#252) - SOLD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Traveller is for sale (#252) - SOLD Reply with quote

Traveller is for sale (#252, wing keel, 1989; with trailer)

http://www.beneteau235.com/f235_member_boats/traveller_1100.jpg

Located: Knoxville, TN

She has been on fresh water inland lakes in NC and TN all her life, and is in good condition - ready to race or cruise.

She has mylar racing sails (main and 145% jib; very good condition) and dacron cruising sails (main and 120% and 95% jibs; good condition), and a symmetrical spinnaker (very good condition). Mainsheet should be replaced soon, but all other lines are in very good condition.

She has all the usual features for this model year.

Extras: lighted compass, multi-function data display, VHF radio, Danforth anchor and chain/rope rode, mooring lines, outboard (Mercury: 4hp, 2-stroke, fwd and rev, internal tank) external gas tank.
Assorted spares are included.

Trailer: galvanized, 8-ft extension tongue, dual axle, 6 adjustable supports, all new lights and wiring, very good tires.

In October ...
***Just spent $1,008 to replace entire brake system and get a DOT certificate for the trailer***
***New VC17m antifouling***

More details and pics here:
http://www.sailboatlistings.com/view/14525

Asking: $11,950

For more info, and to request pictures, please send me an email from the forum:
http://beneteau235.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=7

(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')

Last edited by nquigley on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

??????
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jon.

Why no "cant believe I am selling but" post? You've been on here since the first days and that post reads as if you just joined yesterday to move your boat.

You're part of the original loon brigade! What's up?
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perplexed....did i spell that right?
Solaris - 1988 F285 WK, Hull#95
(Fin Noir - 1987 F235 Fin, Hull#022, my Ex.)
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought this was a kind of a floating condo/co-op deal where you had to have approval of the board to sell or buy. no?
Solaris - 1988 F285 WK, Hull#95
(Fin Noir - 1987 F235 Fin, Hull#022, my Ex.)
david
Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least part out the racing sails and spin... boy, could I use them for youngstown!
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I know ...
But ... I work for a smallish private company that's barely staying in the black this year and the owner is looking for a buyer, and we had 15% pay cuts in Feb, with no sign of reversal this year (not a comfortable feeling), and I have a son who's doing well at an out-of-state univ (junior this fall) so, if the wheels come off at work, I don't want anything to foul up his uni studies.
All together, we decided to put the boat money in the bank for a year and see what happens - just in case. When the company come right again, the $ should be there to buy another boat (probably an F235). However, I'm not in a panic to sell, and have paid for my slip to the end of the year. Hopefully "Traveller" will make someone happy who's been trying to find a good F235 for a while. Neil
Brad Leslie
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nquigley wrote:
I know, I know ...
But ... I work for a smallish private company that's barely staying in the black this year and the owner is looking for a buyer, and we had 15% pay cuts in Feb, with no sign of reversal this year (not a comfortable feeling), and I have a son who's doing well at an out-of-state univ (junior this fall) so, if the wheels come off at work, I don't want anything to foul up his uni studies.
All together, we decided to put the boat money in the bank for a year and see what happens - just in case. When the company come right again, the $ should be there to buy another boat (probably an F235). However, I'm not in a panic to sell, and have paid for my slip to the end of the year. Hopefully "Traveller" will make someone happy who's been trying to find a good F235 for a while. Neil

If I was that responsible, I would never own a boat like this.

I hope it works out for the better Neil, this economy is getting scary.
89 Wing #251, Gigi
PO of Grip Fast, 87 Fin #92
PO of Sun King, 89 F285, #166
PO of Sojorn, 93 F210, #76
04 361, Grip Fast
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously scary..
all my little clients are disapearing... a few left are just hanging on by their teeth.. luckly I have a couple of bigger corporate clients that are sorta carrying my company but I've never been down this far before. Get's much worse and I will put sea puppy in the water and live aboard her :) rent the house!!!
lol

hmmm.. im trying to think of a downside to that. Maybe I should do it anyway :)
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Brad Leslie
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audeojude wrote:
seriously scary..
all my little clients are disapearing... a few left are just hanging on by their teeth..

I am a state government employee so at the present I am not too worried about what I consider my base source of income, but until recently my side business of forensic engineering/litigation support produced another 50% of my base. The trouble in the finance/insurance industries has made my clients decide to "just get along" I suppose, they at least dont want to put the cost of hiring me at risk with other losses. All of that business has pretty much dried up.

I know some are hurting pretty bad and I shouldnt complain but when you get used a certain amount its tough to do with much less.

I really do admire Neil for doing the grown up thing, many people, (me included) just stay in denial until they have a very big problem.
89 Wing #251, Gigi
PO of Grip Fast, 87 Fin #92
PO of Sun King, 89 F285, #166
PO of Sojorn, 93 F210, #76
04 361, Grip Fast
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sort of saw stuff happening a couple years ago when I pulled the boat out of the water. Last year was some serious foreshadowing and I started cutting expenses even harder and saving money. The beginning of this year I had more money in savings that I have ever had before. It's a good thing as I have been having to dip into them a little bit each month to get the bills paid. mid august if I don't start doing better I'm going to restructure my company to hit a different market.. less dollars per hour but much larger base. Every month now I also go through all the recurring expenses and ask can I do without this.. how can I make it cheaper... in the last year I've probably knocked out 5000 in expenses. This month I am moving my phone from the phone company to a voip service that is 60 bucks a year vs my current 1200 dollars a year phone bill for two lines.

hehhehe as I type one of my little clients rose back up from the depths and called me out on a service call!! YES!!!!!
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy thread diversion, Robin.
I think I should post pics of the Bat Mobile to get this thread back on track.
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl..
umm what were we talking about.. ohhh your boat for sale.. hmmm.... yep hijacked for real..

I am slowly looking at the same decision in about a year maybe... going to put it off as long as I can.. my reason would be to raise money for the bigger boat to live on.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nquigley wrote:
Holy thread diversion, Robin.
I think I should post pics of the Bat Mobile to get this thread back on track.

87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just brings a smile to the face, doesn't it? All those cartoon action captions (Boom! Sock! Bam!), tornado-like scene changes, tight body suits .... ooops ... that prolly spoiled everyone's warm and fuzzy recollections.
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real good price on a real nice package. A year ago when I was first testing the market for buying a 235 I would have jumped on this.
88 Fin #111
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Really nice!! Reply with quote

Definetly making me rethink only wanting a fin keel......... Anyone want to trade keels? If your boat is for sale after I sale my current boat I may have to make a trip to TN :) Brandon Snider
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just for the racing you want the fin keel?
I wouldn't trade my wing for the world.. having a draft of 2'9" when needed is nothing to sneeze about on the east coast. We will take you sailing on sea puppy so you can get a feel for how a wing keel sails when we are in Charleston. She is a wing keel and set up for cruising so you will see one at its worst.. if you can call it worst :) I love how she handles.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Goodluck Reply with quote

Goodluck

Last edited by Brandon Snider on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you haven't sailed an F235 yet - have you been on board one yet?
It looks like you should just wait for a fin F235 to come up, or be willing to travel a good distance to get one - is Pi still for sale?.
If you want performance and want to pay a lot less, have a look for a Santana 20. These have a nice deep keel, and, on average, are slightly faster than my F235 wing, unless the breeze is above ~12 kts or there is a bit of a sea (I race against two of them regularly).
Other boats to consider (lift keel) are the Bailey 25 (B25) and Ranger 22 - there's one each of these at my club too, and they are pretty fast.
However, you will not find a boat that combines performance (the F235 is definitely no slug - the wing included), quality of build, 'comforts' down below, and resale value (as you've discovered already).
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Thanks Neil, you just outlined exactly why I want a 235!

I've inquired about Pi but havn't gotten a response.

I would like a fin but its not a deal breaker under the right circumstances.

I do think the boat is a little pricey but I'll pay the premium as long as the boat is in good condition and ready to go, like you said you get a great package, and at least the ability to trailer if you want.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Yep Reply with quote

Brandon Snider wrote:

I do think the boat is a little pricey

WHAT?!?! try getting one in EU they are 40k to 60k The ones in the US going for 11k to 14k are steals, that's why so many US boats are going to AU & EU.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pi would probably be ideal for you as a fin keel that has been optimized for speed.
They have a slightly taller mast and huge sails. :) I remember them reporting speeds under spinnaker of 12 or 13 knots. Of course I think the reported conditions were such that I probably wouldn't have even thought about running a spinnaker :) lol..
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Traveller is for sale (#252) Reply with quote

I now have some pics inside the cabin - I had to get all the stuff out and clean everything up so the pics would be OK.
Email me if you want to see these extra pics. I'll also see if Kelly can add them here too.
Note: ad on SailingTexas was posted before the recent upgrades and necessary price increase - one cannot change ads at SailingTexas - the price should read: $11,950
nquigley wrote:
Traveller is for sale (#252, wing keel, 1989; with trailer)

http://www.beneteau235.com/f235_member_boats/traveller_1100.jpg

Located: Knoxville, TN

She has been on fresh water inland lakes in NC and TN all her life, and is in good condition - ready to race or cruise.

She has mylar racing sails (main and 145% jib; very good condition) and dacron cruising sails (main and 120% and 95% jibs; good condition), and a symmetrical spinnaker (very good condition). Mainsheet should be replaced soon, but all other lines are in very good condition.

She has all the usual features for this model year.

Extras: lighted compass, multi-function data display, VHF radio, anchor and chain/rope rode, mooring lines and, outboard (Mercury: 4hp, 2-stroke, fwd and rev, internal tank) and external tank.
Assorted spares are included.

Trailer: galvanized, 8-ft extension tongue, dual axle, brand new (October) surge brake system, 6 adjustable supports, brand new lights and wiring, very good tires, new DOT certificate (October).

Asking: $11,950

For more info, and to request pictures, please send me an email from the forum

Last edited by nquigley on Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Brandon Snider
Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Sailing Texas Reply with quote

I couldn't find her on Sailing Texas. I've had my Catalina on there. Although I havn't had many contacts throught the site, it works great for posting the link to other places, especially craigslist. I post on craigslist about once a week and get most of the traffic through there. Also its about $10 to post to ebay, but if you sell her there it's $125. You can always list the reserve for a little higher and pass it off to the buyer if it sells that way. Traveller looks like a really nice boat! Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: