Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone thinking of selling their boat/trailer soon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Anyone thinking of selling their boat/trailer soon? Reply with quote

A friend and his wife really like mine and they now want one too. They are willing to pay reasonably well for a clean boat and want to buy real soon.
88 Fin #111
bobg
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: 235 for sale Reply with quote

235 fin listed on ebay in va.
JDF
Tactician

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: nice boat Reply with quote

Ed, I encourage your friends to check this boat out. Steve has had it up for sale for over a year.
Here is his original listing
http://beneteau235.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26972&highlight=#26972

You can see that the equipment list and list of renovations is great.
Quite a drop from $12,000 to the $7500 start on ebay.
87 fin #64
Lake Michigan @ Chicago
david
Tactician

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant seem to find this boat listing on ebay, can someone point me in the right direction?
Brad Leslie
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldnt find it either.
89 Wing #251, Gigi
PO of Grip Fast, 87 Fin #92
PO of Sun King, 89 F285, #166
PO of Sojorn, 93 F210, #76
04 361, Grip Fast
bobg
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: 235 ON EBAY Reply with quote

Do a search for BENETEAU under all categories its there . A fine looking boat from a fine state

Bob Gearhart
235 # 10
smith mt lake va
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 235 for sale Reply with quote

bobg wrote:
235 fin listed on ebay in va.

...and just like that, our town of Collingwood has a fleet of 235s. eBay boat has been purchased and my trailer with new tires and springs is heading to Maryland tomorrow for the pick up.
88 Fin #111
Brad Leslie
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 235 for sale Reply with quote

Ed Mika wrote:
...and just like that, our town of Collingwood has a fleet of 235s. eBay boat has been purchased and my trailer with new tires and springs is heading to Maryland tomorrow for the pick up.

You Canadians are hording 235's!
89 Wing #251, Gigi
PO of Grip Fast, 87 Fin #92
PO of Sun King, 89 F285, #166
PO of Sojorn, 93 F210, #76
04 361, Grip Fast
david
Tactician

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant Ed!!

bring 'em on home!
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 235 for sale Reply with quote

Brad Leslie wrote:
Ed Mika wrote:

You Canadians are hording 235's!

Effin Eh we are.
88 Fin #111
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just make sure you effin' make it over to youngstown for the LeVeL Regatta.............eh!

the 26mile across the lake is nothing compared to the over 100 Scott & I will be going......................heh
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly the boat was less "plug and play" than it was described. I just got word that my trailer is heading back up empty. My friend has a few other good candidate boats he is considering but will likely have a survey done the next time he is thinking about spending a solid day driving for a pick up.
88 Fin #111

Last edited by Ed Mika on Sat May 09, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
just make sure you effin' make it over to youngstown for the LeVeL Regatta.............eh!

the 26mile across the lake is nothing compared to the over 100 Scott & I will be going......................heh

We were just talking about the LeVeL Regatta last night. Consensus is we will stay away this summer while we learn our boats so we can kick everyones asses in 2010 (or more realistically, embarrass ourselves just a little bit less).
88 Fin #111
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Mika wrote:
Jon wrote:

We were just talking about the LeVeL Regatta last night. Consensus is we will stay away this summer while we learn our boats so we can kick everyones asses in 2010 (or more realistically, embarrass ourselves just a little bit less).

The NA's won't be there next year, it will be you sailing 100 miles down the lake in 2010..................heh
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Ed Mika wrote:
Jon wrote:

The NA's won't be there next year, it will be you sailing 100 miles down the lake in 2010..................heh

...just sailing 100 miles down the lake in 2010 does not sound that bad at all actually. Please explain to the 235 Noob that I am what the annual thing up here is that 235 people go to. The fact that LeVeL is some kind of bigger deal actually makes me even more hesitant to go with having only about a month of real 235 sailing under my belt by that time.
88 Fin #111
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in short, there was this Idea to get a bunch of sailors together that own F235's (more fun than anything else) So I came up with this Idea of the LOCCR(Lake Ontario Challenge Cup Regatta) with the numbers of 235 increasing on Lake Ontario I thought it would be good to have another event The First 235 North Americans. Thinking and hoping that we could split these events up & meet more than once a year. Well Frodo & I are the only ones who ever stepped up to the plate to host either event, then I had the idea that maybe if I sent the NA Cup down to LeVeL's at Youngstown it would encourage my Canadian Brothers & Sisters to partake. I think two are defiantly going to make it from the TO area, that plus Scott & I =4 we need 5 for our own start(which is huge) It really isn't anything to be intimidated by it's more about hanging out with other 235 owners(and watching Dave & Jon get drunk........heh) I hope you reconsider, I know you would have no regrets.
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
in short, there was this Idea to get a bunch of sailors together that own F235's (more fun than anything else) So I came up with this Idea of the LOCCR(Lake Ontario Challenge Cup Regatta) with the numbers of 235 increasing on Lake Ontario I thought it would be good to have another event The First 235 North Americans. Thinking and hoping that we could split these events up & meet more than once a year. Well Frodo & I are the only ones who ever stepped up to the plate to host either event, then I had the idea that maybe if I sent the NA Cup down to LeVeL's at Youngstown it would encourage my Canadian Brothers & Sisters to partake. I think two are defiantly going to make it from the TO area, that plus Scott & I =4 we need 5 for our own start(which is huge) It really isn't anything to be intimidated by it's more about hanging out with other 235 owners(and watching Dave & Jon get drunk........heh) I hope you reconsider, I know you would have no regrets.

OK then count us in as a strong maybe. We've got a trailer to get us to either Toronto and sail across or to drive right into Youngstown. My main concern is that we all do not have passports or the new high security drivers licenses and as of July 1 this summer things at the border are apparently getting anal.
88 Fin #111
John365

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There's a 235 in Atlanta at Snug Harbor. It's $11,900

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2032469&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=snugharborboats&&ywo=snugharborboats&

There might be another one here. The guy was asking $12,000 with a trailer this winter. He wasn't in a hurry to sell it and only had it posted on Craiglist at the time. I can look up his info to see if it's still available. Good luck, John.
1988 WK, #159
Lake Lanier
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John365 wrote:
Hi,

There's a 235 in Atlanta at Snug Harbor. It's $11,900

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2032469&lang=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=snugharborboats&&ywo=snugharborboats&

There might be another one here. The guy was asking $12,000 with a trailer this winter. He wasn't in a hurry to sell it and only had it posted on Craiglist at the time. I can look up his info to see if it's still available. Good luck, John.

The snug harbour one is sold, my friend talked to that guys broker. I'd appreciate the lookup on the one with the trailer if its not too much trouble. My friend is again looking at the 30 footer boats like the CS 30, I'd hate to lose the chance to having another 235 around to race against for fine tuned learning.
88 Fin #111
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed, If you are still looking, I have #76, fin keel, "Pi", for sale (see boat pic on front page of this website).

My wife and i are in the process of moving to NC for a while (family emergency, so to speak). I am anxious to sell. The boat has lots of perormance oriented goodies, and i have most of the original equipment to go with her as well. Entertaining all offers right now. This is a greatopportunity for someone to pick up "the fastest F235 one the water" for a real good price.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,

Have yer buddy make an offer on Pi. She has been extensively race equipped. Unless he one of those sissy comfort sailors (like me...heh).

Seriously though, if you're looking for a raceboat (although your PHRF may take a hit from the mods) she is worth a long look.
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake wrote:
Ed, If you are still looking, I have #76, fin keel, "Pi", for sale (see boat pic on front page of this website).

My wife and i are in the process of moving to NC for a while (family emergency, so to speak). I am anxious to sell. The boat has lots of perormance oriented goodies, and i have most of the original equipment to go with her as well. Entertaining all offers right now. This is a greatopportunity for someone to pick up "the fastest F235 one the water" for a real good price.

I excitedly told Paul about Pi still being on the market. I will discuss with him in person tomorrow. The only real issue I see at the moment is distance. Paul is also looking at a first 285 that is for sale an hour away and is considering placing offers on some CS 30s (not my cup of tea). I'd love for Paul to get hull 76 only I'd have to start spending some cash to bring my hull 111 up to speed to match. We'd have an arms race going.
88 Fin #111
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Mika wrote:
Paul is also looking at a first 285 that is for sale an hour away

woot! also an excellent idea :-)
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
Ed Mika
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly for the Canadian 235 fleet my friend instead bought a Mirage 29 (for over 40 grand). Its actually surprisingly big and really nice.
88 Fin #111
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: