Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'88 Wing on ebay w/Trailer ~ SOLD (docbas)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hugh
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: '88 Wing on ebay w/Trailer ~ SOLD (docbas) Reply with quote

88 Wing with trailer in Canton, MI - BIN: 12K with Best Offer

1990 WK - Hull#360
"New Attitude"
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton is not too far from me. If anyone is really interested i could go take a look for you!
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is hull #182. Randy, the current owner of Bay-B, loved the F235 but is moving up to a cruiser in the low 30s. He sailed her with his wife on Lake Erie. Nice motor and dedicated trailer for WK. He might be stopping by here if he has the time. Will forward site/forum info to new owner as well.
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
f235wanted
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: '88 Wing on ebay w/Trailer Reply with quote

hugh wrote:
88 Wing with trailer in Canton, MI - BIN: 12K with Best Offer

I bid on this one on ebay after the bidding ended I was the high bid winning it under second chance offer....I have not herd from the owner since the second chance offer was made.....
abstrait

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the circumstances, but docbas, another member here, just purchased this First 235.
Bay-B, Hull #182, will be sailing on Kootenay Lake, BC.

Last edited by abstrait on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
garrett
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, Maybe you where sent the second chance offer and the real winner (docbas) came through and decided to pay up. Looks like you missed out.
'88 - Wing - Hull #140
silverjet2
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Sorry Gents Reply with quote

Sorry Gents, but I did not 'win' BayB through eBay, rather I saw the notice in the F235 owner's forum and contacted Randy and his wife Gelita directly. And while Randy did mention he was unsuccessful on eBay, the bidding had long ended and, for the record, I did NOT pay $12K. I do know that several local prospective buyers were visiting Randy to inspect his boat but no one had yet closed the deal with firm offer and agreement to purchase. These prized boats are in high demand and do not stay on the open market long. The ones that do, are the few that have been neglected and require a major investment of time and money. I travelled over 6500 kilometres roundtrip in just under 72 hours of driving to close the deal in Ann Arbor and bring BayB out to the foothills of Alberta. In a few weeks after some commissioning details are completed, she will be moved permanently to Kaslo, BC on the shores of Kootenay Lake.
Bay-B ~ Hull #182
On Kootenay Lake, BC
f235wanted
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Sorry Gents Reply with quote

docbas wrote:
Sorry Gents, but I did not 'win' BayB through eBay, rather I saw the notice in the F235 owner's forum and contacted Randy and his wife Gelita directly. And while Randy did mention he was unsuccessful on eBay, the bidding had long ended and, for the record, I did NOT pay $12K. I do know that several local prospective buyers were visiting Randy to inspect his boat but no one had yet closed the deal with firm offer and agreement to purchase. These prized boats are in high demand and do not stay on the open market long. The ones that do, are the few that have been neglected and require a major investment of time and money. I travelled over 6500 kilometres roundtrip in just under 72 hours of driving to close the deal in Ann Arbor and bring BayB out to the foothills of Alberta. In a few weeks after some commissioning details are completed, she will be moved permanently to Kaslo, BC on the shores of Kootenay Lake.

The posting of the boat for sale on this site came up after the ebay auction ended and the second chance offer was made to me....none the less it should not have been placed as a best offer, if the gent did not plan to follow it through which he did not. I congradulate you on your purchase, and wish you all the best, Happy sailing, for me there will be more and I am in no hurry.....:)
Zemaniak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's strange. The (owner?) had contacted me as winner of the runner-up auction. I tried 2-3 times to get his approval to have it inspected, as i couldn't travel there personally but he wouldn't answer me directly.

I was looking into other boats so wasn't desperate about it, but this boat was on my short list nonetheless. Still glad to hear you've inspected it and all is fine. have fun !
audeojude
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

might not have been the owner. there are a lot of scammers on ebay that will see you didn't win and will contact you to say the sale didn't go through or I have more than one of the items for sale and try to get you to send them money. They have nothing to do with the original seller etc... you will notice that their emails don't really come through ebay at all. If you get a message from someone on ebay and you cant log into ebay and see it in your inbox on ebay then it has a high probability of being false. This is especially prevalent in the electronics sales. I have bid on several electronic things in the last few months and not won.. I probably got 100 emails supposedly from the sellers offering the item or similar items to me. All the email addresses had ebay in them but if you looked closely they were not from a true ebay address.

just be very very wary.. if in any doubt then avoid the transaction. or contact ebay to verify that it is a valid seller or from the seller you think it is from.
Wing Keel
Conway, SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
abstrait

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the exact same thing, Scott.
Caryncan
Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got caught in one of these scams a couple of years ago when they were new. I don't remember the details exactly but ebay got in volved and our money was returned. We might have used paypal the more I think about it.
90' Hull #406
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zemaniak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, let's say that the fact that the guy's name was not Randy (Kosta) kinda made me suspicious...
either way, without a visit in person or a survey, I wouldn't take the risk anyway
f235wanted
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all good info thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: