Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F235 in the SOUTH EAST ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: F235 in the SOUTH EAST ? Reply with quote

Hello,
the F235 is on my wishlist for a while now. I am located in Tampa, Florida.
I studied the F235 quite a bit and decided to buy one next time one comes available. I looked everywhere for a F235 with Wing Keel in the South West USA. Nothing yet. It seems like most of the F235's are with sailors in the North East. Does anyone here in this forum have an idea where to look ? Since I like to launch from a ramp I am limited to the Wing Keel version.

Thanks
Siggi
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get onto yachtworld and set up an auto-email notification whenever boats with your requirements come up:
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/advancedSearch.jsp
Do web searches to find listings on other sites
If you see any F235s at marinas near you, put a note on them addressed to the oqwner to see if they are interested in selling.
Look at the F235 Directory page:
http://www.beneteau235.com/f235_database.htm
and try to get in touch with F235 owners close-ish to you and either see if they are considering selling, or ask if they know of any F235s near them that might be up for sale. Not all owners on that page have email links though.
Most of all: keep looking in "Boats for Sale" on the F235 forum - very few ewscape our collective notice!

Good luck.
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
f235wanted
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Re: F235 in the SOUTH EAST ? Reply with quote

siggib wrote:
Hello, the F235 is on my wishlist for a while now. I am located in Tampa, Florida. I studied the F235 quite a bit and decided to buy one next time one comes available. I looked everywhere for a F235 with Wing Keel in the South West USA. Nothing yet. It seems like most of the F235's are with sailors in the North East. Does anyone here in this forum have an idea where to look ? Since I like to launch from a ramp I am limited to the Wing Keel version.

I know I am going to regret this later, but here is one for you to check out, its a fin, but there is someone that will swap for a wing keel on this site with you(email me if you plan to buy it, ill place you in contact with the wing keel).

This F235 is located in key largo - LINK

Let me know if you view her the condition she actually is in, I'd like to know.

Their asking 6,900.00
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: F235 in the SOUTH EAST ? Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply,
I had my eye on the F235 in Key Largo. I contacted the Broker and he said it's still for sale but a fin keel and no trailer. The Idea of trading the fin for a wing puts this boat in a new perspective. I will see if a friend down there can check out that boat for me.

Siggi

f235wanted wrote:
siggib wrote:
Hello, the F235 is on my wishlist for a while now. I am located in Tampa, Florida. I studied the F235 quite a bit and decided to buy one next time one comes available. I looked everywhere for a F235 with Wing Keel in the South West USA. Nothing yet. It seems like most of the F235's are with sailors in the North East. Does anyone here in this forum have an idea where to look ? Since I like to launch from a ramp I am limited to the Wing Keel version.

I know I am going to regret this later, but here is one for you to check out, its a fin, but there is someone that will swap for a wing keel on this site with you(email me if you plan to buy it, ill place you in contact with the wing keel).

if the above doesn't work try.

http://yachtworld.com/nationalpowerboats

Their asking 6,900.00
Jake
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my hands on a J24 trailer, and I have trailer bunks in the garage molded off my hull. I may be in Key Largo for a day the end of this week or beginning of next week to check out another boat. I would be glad to take a look at it for you while i am down there.
BTW, If you can locate the owner directly, you can knock 10% off that listed price really quick.
s/v Pi, FK, #76

Live Slow, Sail Fast
vanguardseven
Deck Hand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Florida 235 Reply with quote

Siggi,
I recently noticed a 235 sitting in a marina in Palatka, on the St Johns river. The marina people said the owner seems to be there very rarely; perhaps he would consider selling. You might be able to contact the owner through the marina:
Boathouse Marina, 386-328-2944.
Good luck.

Neil W
#112 Bijou
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nquigley wrote:
... Most of all: keep looking in "Boats for Sale" on the F235 forum - very few escape our collective notice!

... like I said above ... we're good at networking to help people get into an F235! (thanks, Neil W)
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Florida 235 Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, this forum is great.
Siggi

vanguardseven wrote:
Siggi,
I recently noticed a 235 sitting in a marina in Palatka, on the St Johns river. The marina people said the owner seems to be there very rarely; perhaps he would consider selling. You might be able to contact the owner through the marina:
Boathouse Marina, 386-328-2944.
Good luck.

Neil W
#112 Bijou
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately there are only 650?? built ?
I am on dry land now for over 16 month, I hope I will get my feet wet by 08. After studing Pockt Race/Cruisers for over a year now I am really sold onto the F235.
Thanks
Siggi

nquigley wrote:
nquigley wrote:
... Most of all: keep looking in "Boats for Sale" on the F235 forum - very few escape our collective notice!

... like I said above ... we're good at networking to help people get into an F235! (thanks, Neil W)
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: F235 in the SOUTH EAST ? Reply with quote

can you sent me a pm regarding the Wing Keel contact.
Might be an interesting option to swap keels.

Thanks
Siggi

f235wanted wrote:
siggib wrote:

Their asking 6,900.00
kent pulliam
*Original Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Kansas isn't South West, but there is a 235 in Kansas City area for sale. It's a wing. I don't think it has a trailer. I can put you in touch wi th the owners if you like,

Don't know if that is too far away for you.
1990 - Freelance - wk - #351
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's quite a trip, but I am contemplating to combine that with a road trip. Of course a good trailer is mandatory for a purchase 1250 mi away.
I would like to see the specifics on that boat. Maybe you can sent me a PM? Thanks

kent pulliam wrote:
I know Kansas isn't South West, but there is a 235 in Kansas City area for sale. It's a wing. I don't think it has a trailer. I can put you in touch wi th the owners if you like,

Don't know if that is too far away for you.
siggib
First Mate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: looked at little rum Reply with quote

Thanks to Gary I got a tour on Little Rum # 145 today.
What a nice little marina "safety harbour" in Tampa Bay is.
Nice sailor as well. Thanks for educating me Gary.

SB
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: looked at little rum Reply with quote

siggib wrote:
Thanks to Gary I got a tour on Little Rum # 145 today.
What a nice little marina "safety harbour" in Tampa Bay is.
Nice sailor as well. Thanks for educating me Gary.

Gerard is one of my favorite First 235 owners for many a reason. Hardly anyone better to give you a tour of the F235. Wished he stopped by more often.

Little Rum
Little Rum Redux
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: