Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'87 F235 Fin w/Trailer - AR SOLD (macroule)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL RIGHT MCCALACK!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that you've come to your senses!!
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul actually DID end up selling Quixotic, hull #22. She ended up going to a fellow forum member(macroule), although he hasnt posted yet. He's looking to get "Oui" back in tiptop shape, something Paul had as a goal before he sold her.

Mark is in the process of towing her back to NY state where he'll put her on the Hudson. I'm sure we'll be hearing more from Mark soon.
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Hi All Reply with quote

Just landed safely after 2600 + miles of southern sojourn to bring hull#22 to her new home. 8 days made up of truck stop grits, camp sites sardines, a crucial visit to Sun Record Studios in Memphis (100 degree day!) and fighting for our slice of the Interstate as many a wide load would blow by and leave us shuddering in their wake. I was lucky to have a solid team - the lovely and determined Colleen and our two white boxers, Mac and Speed along for this quest. We relied on our "highly modified" Ford Econoline 7.3 Turbo Diesel to make the grab & pull which it did with no complaints even under load in extreme heat.
Hull#22 seems to want a new name and will actually be working the waters of Long Island Sound in the Westport, CT. area when she is ready to get wet. I grew up sailing this area in Thistles and Atlantic's. Hoping to get my Dad back out on the water and have some fun.
I am really happy to be here and look forward to learning from the vast collective knowledge of this great forum.

Mark Roule
mike
Graduated to First 285

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Hi All Reply with quote

macroule wrote:
Just landed safely after 2600 + miles of southern sojourn to bring hull#22 to her new home. 8 days made up of truck stop grits, camp sites sardines, a crucial visit to Sun Record Studios in Memphis (100 degree day!) and fighting for our slice of the Interstate as many a wide load would blow by and leave us shuddering in their wake. I was lucky to have a solid team - the lovely and determined Colleen and our two white boxers, Mac and Speed along for this quest. We relied on our "highly modified" Ford Econoline 7.3 Turbo Diesel to make the grab & pull which it did with no complaints even under load in extreme heat.
Hull#22 seems to want a new name and will actually be working the waters of Long Island Sound in the Westport, CT. area when she is ready to get wet. I grew up sailing this area in Thistles and Atlantic's. Hoping to get my Dad back out on the water and have some fun.
I am really happy to be here and look forward to learning from the vast collective knowledge of this great forum.

Mark Roule

wow. you're not pumped or anything :-)

welcome mark! post frequently and sail even more so! my space and facebook got nothin' on us when it comes to 235s.
'89 F285 WK, Hull #127 s/v Enchanté
'89 F235 WK, Hull #253 s/v Windependent my ex
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Hi All Reply with quote

macroule wrote:

Mark Roule

good job! Glad you're here!
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you made it home safely. Sounds like you have a great crew! We have a Ford F350 with the power stroke diesel. Nothing seems to upset that truck including pulling 5 tons of rock up the Saluda grade in northwestern North Carolina in the summer. I love that truck. The only major thing that has been modified is the transmission. It never failed, but there is a guy in Arkansas that rebuilds the transmission with beefier parts. On one trip west, we spent a day at his shop.
Quote:
look forward to learning from the vast collective knowledge of this great forum.

LOL. There is lots of knowledge here, not sure that it is always great. One good thing about this boat, it can do just about anything you want it to do. I do hope you get your dad back on the water. Keep us posted on your progress.
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nologic wrote:

LOL. There is lots of knowledge here, not sure that it is always great.

heh, that may be an understatement.........lol
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
alisdairs
1000 posts? Man Overboard!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
my space and facebook got nothin' on us when it comes to 235s.

I've just started getting into Facebook..it's scarily addictive, particularly Tetris !!!

Welcome Mark to the madhouse they call Beneteau235.com...once you join...you can never leave !!

Former owner 'Atlantic Reach'
1989~WK~#276
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alisdairs wrote:

Welcome Mark to the madhouse they call Beneteau235.com...once you join...you can never leave !!

kinda like Hotel California, unless your me of course.......heehee
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
alisdairs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:

Ah, but you came back...you missed us all too much !!!

Former owner 'Atlantic Reach'
1989~WK~#276
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alisdairs wrote:
Jon wrote:

Ah, but you came back...you missed us all too much !!!

that was no easy feat...................heh
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon wrote:
Nologic wrote:

LOL. There is lots of knowledge here, not sure that it is always great.

heh, that may be an understatement.........lol

It's OK, we know you mean well. >vbg<
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whew.................
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great!! Good to hear you made it home safely.

Guys, Mike and Colleen are a great couple, and unlike me, he has a god-given ability to repair/make anything. Look for a boat with 2 white boxers on the bow- right Mike?

Good luck
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the welcome and kind words all. yes Paul, we had a great trip all
told and thank you and your family for letting us hang out for a couple days and get things organized. we have been working hard on the boat as we want to get her in asap. I guess the "for sale" topic of this thread has
been fulfilled and i plan to start a new thread regarding the restoration
and upgrade of hull 22. hope everyone is having a great weekend.

regards,

mark
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did the first sail go this past weekend?
The new name, 22 Bond Street is a good one.
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got out a few days ago just to get a feel for it and had a great time, just not long enough. I couldn't get my crew ( Dad & Brother ) together over the weekend and I am a little too green to solo so I sat on the mooring and just did some rig tweaking and systems check out. Aiming to do a little over nite in a few days to our local Cockenee Island cove. I am learning alot, but have a way to go. The 235 is a LONG way from our old wooden Thistle #234. Actually, in retrospect, the hull shape is quite similar. The Thistles were REALLY tender though. No room for mistakes.
Getting this boat has been wonderful in many ways -I have managed to get my 75 year old father out of the house and away from the tv and truly interested sailing again. He loves the 235. Looking forward to giving him the helm.
Glad you like the new name. 22 Bond Street is the NYC address of where my wife, daughter and I first lived and started our family. It was sold out from under us in the NYC real estate boom. So hull 22 is our new, NYC loft with an even better view.
Looks like Nologic is an 87' fin also, any tips for a sister ship of the same vintage?
logs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say that 22 Bond Street was Sherlock holmes's address, but then I remembered that it was actually 221b Baker Street. Close but no cigar.
Logs, Windjana wk #264
South of Perth Yacht Club, Western Australia
www.sopyc.com.au
Nologic
Skipper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macroule wrote:
Looks like Nologic is an 87' fin also, any tips for a sister ship of the same vintage?

LOL! Na, I'm just a little old lady that likes to day sail on the local puddle. You will probably find more similarities between the F235 and the Thistle than the hull shape. The F235 is more forgiving than the Thistle, a heck of alot more comfortable, but it is responsive. After a few sails you will find yourself single handing without a second thought.

It is great that your father is wanting to get out on the boat. I hope you have some good sails before the cold comes.

You have done a great deal of work in a short period of time to get her on the water.
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sue - we did about ten, 12 - 16 hour days to get in the water. I made a vow not to spend the rest of the season in the drive way. I am going to
replace the headliner (we did a quick headliner repair with a hot glue gun and it worked quite well, anyone else try this?) and do some interior mods this winter. I have use of a large barn i hope. I would love to post a couple pics, but i have not quite figured out how to.

Logs - a good friend of mine and fantastic surfboard shaper, Maurice Cole
lives on the west coast near you I think. I have heard it is lovely there. You
must get your boat into some serious swells.
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macroule wrote:
I would love to post a couple pics, but i have not quite figured out how to.

See FAQ: How to Post a Photo
http://beneteau235.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2321

macroule wrote:
a good friend of mine and fantastic surfboard shaper, Maurice Cole lives on the west coast near you I think.

Mark, do you surf? Have not heard of Maurice but I also have several shaper friends, one who helped me with my F235 (he has a Cheoy Lee Offshore 36 and lives and shapes on the Outer Banks now). Surfing's been a passion of mine since 10 and one of the reasons, besides sailing, that I live on the coast now.
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
logs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macroule wrote:
Logs - a good friend of mine and fantastic surfboard shaper, Maurice Cole lives on the west coast near you I think. I have heard it is lovely there. You must get your boat into some serious swells.

Many of the serious surfers live further south as the swells just get even bigger further south, Margaret River and Yallingup being the main surfing towns.

Yes it is lovely here, but then again I'm biased on that point.

Serious swells: pretty much every time I've headed offshore (I normally sail in the Swan River) we get into some serious swells but Windjana has handled them fine. I'd go out to play more often but I'm still trying to sort out the mast lowering to go under the Fremantle bridges.
Logs, Windjana wk #264
South of Perth Yacht Club, Western Australia
www.sopyc.com.au
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly, thanks for the photo info. Will give that a try. Yes, been surfing since I was kid also. We just moved back to the States after living, working, surfing and sailing in Barbados for four years. (There was a bit of starving mixed in there also.) We lived right on one of the main breaks - Brandons - and just loved it. Every minute was about the ocean. Our 235 is about trying to bring some of that back to our life here, getting connected back to those elements.
Maurice Cole shaped for Tom Curran around his last world title.
Tom and I did a bunch of music recording together and I got to surf a lot with Tom during that period in the South of France and the Islands. It was
really a fantastic experience and Tom got me into some amazing, exhilarating conditions. Kelly Slater (the other Kelly) would show up in
our Barbados breaks quite a bit and I got to surf with him also - a very friendly, positive guy for being a 8 time world champ.
I have gotten down to the Outer Banks to surf a few times and met some of the WRV crew. Where do you do most of your surfing? I live about 3 hours from any break now so the 235 is my main ocean action. I have gotten into snow boarding and skiing again and love it all, but there is nothing that feels like getting locked in with a wave. I really miss it. I hope to move back to an area with more surf potential within a couple years.
One of the nice things I have found with the 235 (with my very little experience) is how sensitive they are to trim and balance. I really feel how the 235 interacts with the elements, and that appeals to the surfer in me. I love the shape, the hull is so sculptural. Very rewarding to work on and maintain. Beautiful boat.
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macroule wrote:
One of the nice things I have found with the 235 (with my very little experience) is how sensitive they are to trim and balance. I really feel how the 235 interacts with the elements, and that appeals to the surfer in me. I love the shape, the hull is so sculptural. Very rewarding to work on and maintain. Beautiful boat.

Your tender description makes me realize just how special our little boats are. When I was looking for a boat, I was taken with the 235 the first time I saw pictures. Then I invited myself up to look at Jon's, as was not dissapointed (the reception from Carolyn and Jon was a nice indication of the general hospitality of our group). I actually e-bid on Quixhotic (don't tell my wife) sight unseen. In any case, it sounds like your boat has found a nice owner.

Plus, you're within driving distance of the LOCCR!!!

-Fro
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org
macroule
Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Frodo. We would LOVE to be part of the next LOCCR and would not hesitate to make the drive. I can't imagine a better 235 learning experience.

-Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: