Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index Beneteau First 235 Forums
Welcome! First 235 Owners please register.

{F235 Home}Beneteau235.com - Home   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   {F235 Directory}F235 Directory   RegisterRegister 
{F235 Home}Latest News  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

235s still for sale in US

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: 235s still for sale in US Reply with quote

Hi there,

I had a list that I compiled of 235's. One of the better boats was "Sol Mate" owned by Tom Debates (tdebates@sbcglobal.net). She's listed at $11,500 with a trailer and is (I think) still for sale and can be found at http://www.beneteau-owners.com/

1. F235 Wing w/Trailer Located in Mound, MN SOLD

2. 90 F235 wing w/trailer located in Ellsworth ME - No Longer for Sale

3. 87 F235 in water Guntersville, AL - SOLD

4. 88 F235 located in Austin, TX

5. F235 Located in Wayzata, MN - SOLD

6. 88 F235 Fin in Huntington, NY - SOLD

7. 88 F235 located in Mystic, CT SOLD

8. 89 F235 w/Trailer & Racing sails - "airhead"
1988, #129 Wing Keel

www.crescentyachtclub.org

Last edited by Frodo on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:02 pm; edited 9 times in total
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Swing Keel Reply with quote

Also at one point I found a 235 with a swing keel through the St Louis Sailing Club, but can't seem to find the link right now. But there was one...I swear it
1988, #129 Wing Keel

nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Swing Keel Reply with quote

Frodo wrote:
Also at one point I found a 235 with a swing keel, but can't seem to find the link right now. But there was one...I swear it

... r i i i i g h t ... s u r e there was! No really, I believe you.
There's a six-pack (beer, not rum) in it if you can track that one down - probably moored up in the frozen north at the YYC (Yetti Yacht Club).
(ex - F235 #252 'Traveler')
abstrait
Site Owner & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes absolutely ZERO sense why anyone would not be listing their boat here on this site. Indeed, anyone in the last three years that knows how to use google would see this place come up #1 and perhaps use the free resource. Still dont get it. In my view, there shouldnt be anyone online these days that owns an F235 that hasnt been here. Crazy. Thanks for the update, Frodo. As par for the course, that owners.com site is down....
'89 "clear" WK | Hull #327
www.beneteau235.com</font><br><br>
Jon
First 235 Crazy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people just don't use the internet at all others don't come here because of me.........heh
85' Laser 28 #167*Pandora*
87' F235 WK #69 my ex

Lake Ontario NY
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Boat's listed! Reply with quote

I've listed my 235 and the most hits I've received are from other sites. I had three people inquire from this site. There's such a wide range of prices out there without a true guide to a realistic value. Would a price data base be of any value to members or people looking?
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
abstrait

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Boat's listed! Reply with quote

waynew wrote:
I've listed my 235 and the most hits I've received are from other sites. I had three people inquire from this site. There's such a wide range of prices out there without a true guide to a realistic value. Would a price data base be of any value to members or people looking?

Missed my point really because I dont think you would get MORE hits from this since you have to KNOW the boat before coming here but DO think that anyone that owns this boat would be crazy not to come to this source since and add it in the mix. Obviously, a Yacht World entry or even Trailer Sailer would get you more traffic from people looking for ALL kinds of boats in that size range.

On the Price Database, not so sure this is realistic but WILLL say that the average costs of the F235 are pretty documented here and elsewhere. It's just like any other boat in that you will find great deals occasionally but usually not online. A fair price with a trailer is in the low to mid teens depending on conditions. A really GOOD price is in the 7-9k range depending. When you get below 5k or in that range, you are now talking STEALS unless there is something wrong, and even then it STILL might a steal if you can do the work youself.

Someone after a Catalina 22 can beat the average price of the F235 but will get nowhere NEAR the quality boat.
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Kelly, the 235 Master! Reply with quote

You're right on target. When I bought 5 years ago, there were some sites that provided a bit of information. But you had to go to several sites, gather a piece at a time and then construct the entire story. This site, is without a doubt the best resource when it's time to put money on the table.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
mccalack
First Mate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a post that shows the Known boats pics, stats, when and what they sold for?
waynew
Rail Meat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Price post. Reply with quote

At this point I haven't found a single post listing all the sales. But with enough leg work I'm sure one could follow the leads and compile some rather accurate data.
Hull#348 WK
"Watermark"
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: New one Reply with quote

Here's one I hadn't seen before!!!
http://sailbrownscreek.com/Classifieds.htm
1988, #129 Wing Keel

nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is John Breyfogle's La Femme Fatale (#074). He's on Guntersville Lake (Alabama or Georgia - not sure). I have an email address for him - send me an email or PM if you want it.
Frodo
I've lost my Babystay!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've editited the first post to put La Femme Fatale in at the bottom. I figure that if anyone is looking they can find them all at the top of the page!!-<GRIN>
1988, #129 Wing Keel

loafer
Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had no replies or queries from the site at all and as Neil can attest the boat is in great shape
nquigley
Skipper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loafer wrote:
I have had no replies or queries from the site at all and as Neil can attest the boat is in great shape

Stuart's right - Loafer is in great shape, and has lots of extra features and modifications not found on the basic F235. Are all the northern loons hibernating? Surely this is a great time to go boat shopping for the spring season.
abstrait

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loafer wrote:

Well, not to be a downer here but the last I saw, your boat was listed at $19,700 with no mention whether it's CAN or USD. Let's assume that's CAN dollars. This still brings your F235 in at a hair under $17,000USD. At this price, it's harder to sell briging less inquiries. I imagine you will hear more from those that recognize the value/mods worth. On the other hand, it's right after Christmas so perhaps you'll see some more interest in a bit.

For those interested, pics and details on LOAFER are at the link below. I agree that it's an EXTREMELY nice F235 with quite a few upgrades with NICE sails to boot.

LOAFER AD LINK w/ PICS and INFO
http://www.anchoryachtsales.com/SB9768.htm

kh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beneteau First 235 Forums Forum Index -> Beneteau First 235 - Boats For Sale All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: